Jonern

uv4l accept/decline calls on Raspberry

Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:19 pm

Hello!

I'm working on a project where we use uv4l to do two-way communication between a Raspberry Pi 3B+ and a computer. The streaming is working flawlessly, but when the user on the computer calls the Raspberry from the uv4l site, the streaming starts automatically.

The project requires the user on the Raspberry end to be able to accept or decline a call and I was wondering if there is a way to do this. I have looked around in the uv4l config file and can't say I have found a setting related to this (which is not to say isn't there, I might have missed it). I've also thought of the possibility of using sockets to detect when someone is calling on the selected port, but I have been unsuccessfull in making this work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RpiName

Re: uv4l accept/decline calls on Raspberry

Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:47 pm

Jonern wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:19 pm
The project requires the user on the Raspberry end to be able to accept or decline a call and I was wondering if there is a way to do this. I have looked around in the uv4l config file and can't say I have found a setting related to this (which is not to say isn't there, I might have missed it). I've also thought of the possibility of using sockets to detect when someone is calling on the selected port, but I have been unsuccessfull in making this work.
You can implement your application-specific protocol on the top of the basic uv4l built-in signaling protocol, e.g. with a node-based "broker" between uv4l and the client. This is what many users do.

Return to “Beginners”