prfk

Humiditysensor DHT22 with Windows 10 iot and Python

Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:05 am

Hello!

I am new to the Raspberry Pi and python coding and I need some help or advice how to implement an Humidity/Temperature-Sensor (DHT22).

What I am trying to do is the following:

I used Python to code my program wich should run on the Pi. It works like it should and I'm nearly done with it. Except the In- and Output interface.
I like to read the sensor data from the DHT22 with some python code and there are serveral Tutorials how to do that. But most of them require a Linux based OS and I like to run Windows 10 iot on my Pi. The libraries simply aren't working with Windows.

I found other Tutorials reading the sensors data under Windows 10 but using C++ or C# coding but my main programm in coded in Python.

What do you suggest?
Is there a possibility to get a python code (including all nesseary libralies) running on Windows 10. Anyone did this before and can provide some code?
Or is it better to switch to C coding for reading the sensor data and "connect" somehow to the python main program?

The third solution probably would the to run the Pi with Linux, Raspbian for exmple. Unfortunately I'm not familar with that OS and was looking forward to use known OS like Windows...

Thanks in advance
Paul

JamesPi123

Re: Humiditysensor DHT22 with Windows 10 iot and Python

Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:48 am

Return to “Beginners”