pgru

Raspberry Pi as a "telephone" for elder people

Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:00 pm

Hi and thank You for answering.
As I need Raspberry Pi for one thing mainly I want to known if it is possible(and best how).

The main idea is that older people can just talk by Raspberry Pi. But it must be a total voice control, in Polish language. For example if somebody says "connect with X (in Polish)" the Raspberry Pi under e.g. Linux will connect by app with "X", e.g. with Tox client on other side. The Raspberry Pi will ideally be connected to power nearly all time and eventually in case of power off will "by-self" turn in after back of power in that mode. On other side - after connecting to Raspberry Pi e,g, app Tox(by other Tox client) You can hear what is in flat - e.g. if elder people will fall - can just talk(or be heard without saying "connect to") that have problem and other can help.

Are there programs for that? Which? Maybe You known which class of microphone should be suitable for that? Which Raspberry Pi would be best for that role?

wh7qq

Re: Raspberry Pi as a "telephone" for elder people

Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:32 am

I am not aware of any such program for the RPi. That does not mean that it does not exist but unless such a program is out there, you will likely be faced with a lot of programming to make it and have it work as you specify. The RPi is intended to be a learning tool, so have at it. Us old folks await such a product.

ghans

Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:19 am

I doubt there is any offline Polish voice recognition for the Pi. The Google AIY kit might
be interesting for you. Note that the "intelligence" and featureset of such systems will heavily depend on your own programming skills , the voice recognition aspect is only a small
part of the puzzle (albeit a hard one , be grateful for "the cloud").

ghans
• Don't like the board ? Missing features ? Change to the prosilver theme ! You can find it in your settings.
• Don't like to search the forum BEFORE posting 'cos it's useless ? Try googling : yoursearchtermshere site:raspberrypi.org

BMS Doug

Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:27 am

ghans wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:19 am
I doubt there is any offline Polish voice recognition for the Pi. The Google AIY kit might
be interesting for you. Note that the "intelligence" and featureset of such systems will heavily depend on your own programming skills , the voice recognition aspect is only a small
part of the puzzle (albeit a hard one , be grateful for "the cloud").

ghans
I agree that this sounds like a job for AIY, you can setup AIY without the AIY HAT with a USB Microphone. Then you need to create a custom AIY command to call people.
Doug.
Building Management Systems Engineer.

pgru

Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:22 pm

Thanks for answering. I will see and maybe there would be something good from it.

Return to “Beginners”