Eamonn54

Pi Zero W and OSMC

Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:49 pm

Hello...me again....sorry.
I have downloaded and installed a 'clean' image of OSMC for the Pi Zero.
However, it does not seem to connect to the internet via the built-in wireless.
Being a total newbie, and, having looked, but cannot find any info on here, I am wondering if someone could offer some advice/assistance with this matter.
The image was downloaded via the official OSMC website, and I chose the option for Pi Zero.

Many thanks, again, for all your help.

Eamonn

DirkS

Re: Pi Zero W and OSMC

Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:04 pm

See https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/zero-w/23018
I don't think OSMC has been updated yet.

Eamonn54

Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:05 pm

Many thanks for the speedy reply.
From what I have read, it would appear that OSMC has yet to be up-dated/upgraded to take advantage of WiFi on the new Zero W.
I will await, patiently, the newest release.

sam nazarko

Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:07 pm

I had planned for this Sunday, but had an awful cold and a family birthday come up.
WiFi + BT will land on Pi Zero W for Sunday 12th March.

Cheers

Sam

Eamonn54

Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:56 am

Sam
Many thanks for updating this thread.
Hopefully you will be feeling much better soon, and I hope the family member had a wonderful birthday.
I cannot wait for the upgrade....really looking forward to experimenting and building OSMC's.

Take care.

Eamonn

sam nazarko

Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:14 am

Thanks Eamonn

We'll make an announcement on our blog when the update is ready. If you've other OSMC devices, you'll see a prompt when the update is available as well, which will also mean it's ready for your Pi Zero W.

Cheers

Sam

berto86

Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:44 am

Hi Sam,

Is there a beta build with the new firmware at all? I only ask as I am having issues getting the normal pi zero image to boot after installation. Thanks in advance.

Edit: I think I've found the issue. When I originally posted I forgot that I'd overclocked the pi. I'll format and try again as it worked initially. Looking forward to the pi zero w firmware support!

govindaraju

Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:17 am

Just in case anyone is looking for osmc on zero w.
(disclaimer: I am new - one month old - to Rspi and xbmc).
I tried downloading Feb image from OSMC from http://download.osmc.tv/installers/disk ... 210.img.gz and burnt into the sd card and booted on pi zero w. It booted but showed only wired in the settings. wireless and bluetooth were absent. I then tried to use the osmc image burner application which had a facility to indicate the wireless ssid during the image burning. It also did not work resulting in the absence of wireless. I tried to download libreelec and it did not boot the first time since the card was formatted as default. I tried formating fat32 and burnt the libreelec image http://releases.libreelec.tv/LibreELEC- ... 0.1.img.gz it worked fine! it even gave the on-screen keyboard where i can configure the wireless and i can see my first 8 minutes video from youtube without any interruptions on the old acer monitor (which had a speaker hidden all the while for the past 5 years!). Thanks to all the kind hearts.
Govinda

Return to “Beginners”