philip_l_g

Reliable A2DP Sink RPI3 BT?

Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:11 am

Hi,

I'm looking to build a car computer, with Bluetooth connectivity really be paramount. Ideally I'd like to use Kodi for this, so have been playing around with OSMC's test Bluetooth, but couldn't get sound to output (even after selecting Analogue audio).

I've also tried to connect using Blueman, with Pulseaudio installed too on the stock Raspbian image - this worked, but stuttered a lot - and not to mention was a pain to get the device to reconnect after a reboot for some reason! I feel this may be related to power as I was getting the rainbow square during bluetooth connectivity (I have a 2.1amp supply at the moment - 2.5amp is on it's way).

Does anyone have a setup at the moment that uses the Raspi 3's onboard Bluetooth for streaming audio via a2dp? And how does song skipping work, can this be done through a2dp, or another profile?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Douglas6

Re: Reliable A2DP Sink RPI3 BT?

Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:03 pm

A number of forum members have A2DP working on the Pi3. There seems to be a conflict with the onboard Wifi, causing stuttering.

I wrote code some time ago for using AVRCP to pause, play, and skip forwards and backwards. Here it is: viewtopic.php?p=635509#p635509

philip_l_g

Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:17 am

Thanks a lot, explains why a2dp was working in my office via ethernet, but not at home via wifi. I suppose a cheap usb BT adapter will work anyway in that case!
Thanks for AVRCP scripts - certainly look promising!

Does anyone know if there's going to be a driver update to resolve the conflict of WiFi and BT? Or is it hardware related conflict?

inches

Sat May 07, 2016 9:20 pm

I'm interested to know if this will work with the on-board bluetooth after some firmware update as well. Seems silly to have a bluetooth dongle when the pi3 is supposed to have bluetooth support built in!

philip_l_g

Mon May 09, 2016 5:13 pm

I've been looking into osmc for a2dp sink, looks promising so far, but kept getting an issue where the sample rate would increase constantly. They seemed to believe on the forums that its just a teething problem, and a firmware update in future may help.

Unfortunately no certainties from what I have read, but would love to be corrected here :).

Return to “Beginners”