bruton

Latest Noobs not giving options advertised

Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:56 pm

Ive had a few problems with software being out of date on rpi3 ready installed sd card.
I deleted all the files on the card (backed up first) and copied noobs onto card. I wanted to try openelec but it would not work with old noobs and there is only an option to install raspbian through the latest noobs i downloaded.
All the tutorials and info pages i find say that i will be asked to set the rpi up like its first boot up but it always goes to the install page if press shift.
Am I missing data or is the information about the latest noobs out of date?

Also if i wanted to use a different image how to i place it into the noobs install so it gives me the option to install??

ShiftPlusOne
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Location: The unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy

Re: Latest Noobs not giving options advertised

Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:00 pm

Distros are being updated for pi 3 support. Right now it's raspbian, osmc and windows. The new version of OpenELEC for NOOBS on pi3 should be ready soon. If you would like to install the older version, you can add 'showall' to recovery.cmdline. It's probably worth the wait though.

bruton

Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:14 am

oh good its not me going mad then.
Also Ive seen examples of people installing direct from the internet but the onboard wifi does not show on the recovery screen.

fruitoftheloom

Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:41 am

bruton wrote:oh good its not me going mad then.
Also Ive seen examples of people installing direct from the internet but the onboard wifi does not show on the recovery screen.
Wireless not supported you need Wired Internet Connection.

NOOBS was changed in September 2014 to only offer Raspbian :shock:
Retired disgracefully.....
......to a more gentile life !

Wizzabeck

Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:47 am

Oh spit! I spent 70 minutes downloading the 29 Feb version of Noobs yesterday expecting it to be spot on for my Pi 3 delivered on Thursday. Telephone people are crawling all over our local lanes and setting up diversions but we are still downloading at 300Kb/sec.

Return to “Beginners”