sheva29

Connecting Rapsberry Pi using Ehternet Cable to a WPA2-Ente

Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:17 pm

I have been looking around but haven't found any tutorials. I just setup a Raspberry Pi at work and was wondering if it is possible to connect it to our internet (wpa-2-enterprise) using just an ethernet cable.

Thanks!

sheva29

Re: Connecting Rapsberry Pi using Ehternet Cable to a WPA2-E

Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:03 pm

Not sure if the term wpa2-enterprise speaks specifically to a wireless connection. After talking to the IT people at the company. They mentioned it isn't possible, not sure if it is because of security issues. So I ended up sharing my laptop connection through ethernet cable.

DirkS

Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:16 pm

sheva29 wrote:Not sure if the term wpa2-enterprise speaks specifically to a wireless connection
It does: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wi-Fi_Protected_Access

alanredbull

Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:03 am

I have same problem, I have pi3 and it works fine with open network and my home network. But i cant connect to my school network, which is wpa2 enterprise. I have searched around, it seems like that i need to write wpa_supplicant.config file. But i cant get it work...Really needs some help on this issue.

drgeoff

Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:01 am

alanredbull wrote:I have same problem, I have pi3 and it works fine with open network and my home network. But i cant connect to my school network, which is wpa2 enterprise. I have searched around, it seems like that i need to write wpa_supplicant.config file. But i cant get it work...Really needs some help on this issue.
Ask the school's network administrator for assistance.

Return to “Beginners”