Not wanting to start a new thread, as issue is related to this thread, so a reply instead:
For me, even a format with the SDFormatter v4 doesn't work. Even with FORMAT SIZE ADJUSTMENT ON it doesn't recuperate the space. Tried with Win7 and EaseUs Partition Master as well, with no luck. Card stays on 55MB. I don't have the possibility to flash to FAT32, only FAT, NTFS and ext.
This is what I did to get to this problem:
- Brand new Pi and SD card, yay!
- Flash the image 2013-02-09-wheezy-raspbian.img to the SD, success!
- Boot the Pi with the SD card, success!
- Config utility starts up. I start going through all the options, one by one. One of the options is to resize a partition to full size or something, without really thinking it through I execute it. In seconds that completes.
- I go on with the encoding settings, and while I'm doing this I decide I want to start over and leave everything as default, so I unplug the Pi
- I try to format the SD and reflash the image, but SD doesn't show full capacity, and is in FAT.
I'm afraid my SD card is bricked... Any ideas?