zitman

Open Office

Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:12 am

Hi all,

Sorry if this is a dumb question but I have just put the new raspian on the Pi and am trying to install OpenOffice but get the following error:
The following packages have unmet dependencies: openoffice.org :
Depends: libreoffice but it is not installable
I installed OpenOffice on the earlier Debian image without a problem.

What am I missing?

Z

jorwen

Re: Open Office

Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:02 pm

Same results here on Raspbian Wheezy. It refuses to install with the identical error. Should have plenty of room to install in on a setup 16GB card.

itimpi

Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:28 pm

I do not think that OpenOffice is available yet in the Raspbian repositories.

zitman

Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:16 am

Does anyone know if OpenOffice is available on the Raspbian repositories yet (I am guessing not as it still wont install) or when it might be available?

Z

ryanW

Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:56 am

Any updates on Open Office for Raspbian? I'm very new to Linux. I've used Raspbian because its now the recommended system. The Error I'm getting is similar:
  • The following packages have unmet dependencies:
    openoffice.org : Depends: libreoffice but it is not installable
    E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

semtex

Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:11 am

Exact same problem here also. I tried to install OpenOffice tonight after reading Eben's "Raspberry Pi User Guide"... so I assume it must have worked at some point?

jasonclark

Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:35 am

semtex wrote:Exact same problem here also. I tried to install OpenOffice tonight after reading Eben's "Raspberry Pi User Guide"... so I assume it must have worked at some point?
There are a few posts about this. I've moved to Libre Office - the same codebase, forked from OpenOffice.
Once Oracle took over Sun (who developed OpenOffice), development of OpenOffice slowed/stopped. The developers forked the code and started on Libre Office.

A bit more background here;
http://www.icewalkers.com/articles/libr ... ffice.html

Its a pretty bulky application, so I would expect it to be very slow to start up. There are better options for the PI - and possibly using Google Docs may be a good solution if you want access to the files on a main PC.

I'm sorry I can't answer your question directly, but I would guess you'll get a better response from the Libre Office forums than OpenOffice.

technician4

Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:03 pm

jasonclark wrote:
semtex wrote:Exact same problem here also. I tried to install OpenOffice tonight after reading Eben's "Raspberry Pi User Guide"... so I assume it must have worked at some point?
There are a few posts about this. I've moved to Libre Office - the same codebase, forked from OpenOffice.
Once Oracle took over Sun (who developed OpenOffice), development of OpenOffice slowed/stopped. The developers forked the code and started on Libre Office.

A bit more background here;
http://www.icewalkers.com/articles/libr ... ffice.html

Its a pretty bulky application, so I would expect it to be very slow to start up. There are better options for the PI - and possibly using Google Docs may be a good solution if you want access to the files on a main PC.

I'm sorry I can't answer your question directly, but I would guess you'll get a better response from the Libre Office forums than OpenOffice.
Has anyone had any luck with unoconv?

Return to “Beginners”