Page 1 of 1

More video formats on omxplayer?

Posted: Sat May 30, 2015 5:28 pm
by Krassegrand
Is there any plans for the possibility to play .flv-files and .iso-files on the omxplayer?
I have tried to install vlc but it seems to not play the files I want to see. ;)
Used for the files it plays the omxplayer is very good! Nice picture, smooth flow and no freezing. It would be great if it worked on all other formats as well.

Jörgen

Re: More video formats on omxplayer?

Posted: Sat May 30, 2015 5:59 pm
by kusti8
I've played SD iso files thorough Kodi just fine. I think it uses DVD player or something like that to play them. Not sure about flv.

Re: More video formats on omxplayer?

Posted: Sun May 31, 2015 6:05 am
by Krassegrand
I am trying to install kodi

There is a lot of error messages, the last is these.
Failed to fetch http://mirrordirector.raspbian.org/rasp ... _armhf.deb Unable to connect to mirrordirector.raspbian.org:http:
E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with --fix-missing?

I have run apt-get update just before install kodi and just after.

How do I know if it is installed?
how do I start it?



pi@raspberrypi ~ $ kodi
bash: kodi: command not found
pi@raspberrypi ~ $ --fix-missing
bash: --fix-missing: command not found
pi@raspberrypi ~ $ kodi --fix-missing
bash: kodi: command not found
pi@raspberrypi ~ $ exit

Re: More video formats on omxplayer?

Posted: Sun May 31, 2015 6:15 am
by Krassegrand
I found this! (http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Ko ... tributions)

sudo apt-get install software-properties-common
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install kodi


I only used the 2 last lines to install
What do the 2 first lines do?

Jörgen

Re: More video formats on omxplayer?

Posted: Sun May 31, 2015 8:31 am
by fruitoftheloom
Krassegrand wrote:I found this! (http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Ko ... tributions)

sudo apt-get install software-properties-common
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install kodi


I only used the 2 last lines to install
What do the 2 first lines do?

Jörgen
PPA are for x86 Linux and you have asked similar questions before ;)

Re: More video formats on omxplayer?

Posted: Sun May 31, 2015 9:09 am
by johndavies
You can enter a standalone version of kodi which will run on Raspbian. You will find details at http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewt ... 66&t=99866. This one was posted by gkreidl. Have you considered buying the codecs which will allow you to run mpeg2?

Re: More video formats on omxplayer?

Posted: Sun May 31, 2015 11:17 am
by Krassegrand
fruitoftheloom wrote:PPA are for x86 Linux and you have asked similar questions before ;)
Maybe Raspberry is not for me!

Re: More video formats on omxplayer?

Posted: Sun May 31, 2015 11:20 am
by Krassegrand
johndavies wrote:Have you considered buying the codecs which will allow you to run mpeg2?
Is mpeg2 the problem?
I was asking about .flv and .iso!

Jörgen

Re: More video formats on omxplayer?

Posted: Sun May 31, 2015 11:21 am
by Krassegrand
johndavies wrote:You can enter a standalone version of kodi which will run on Raspbian. You will find details at http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewt ... 66&t=99866. This one was posted by gkreidl. Have you considered buying the codecs which will allow you to run mpeg2?
That guide looks really good.

Re: More video formats on omxplayer?

Posted: Sun May 31, 2015 12:01 pm
by gkreidl
omxplayer uses ffmpeg for container (file, url) access and so supports almost any kind of file format; flv is one if the few exceptions (and should vanish anyway).