fierojo

Wifi No Longer working

Fri May 15, 2015 11:08 pm

Hello All,

I have a RPi B+. Was running the Pre-05-05-15 version of Raspbian with all of the current upgrades/updates. Using a Wi-fi Dongle. All was well. Did a full download of the new 05-05-15 version of Raspbian onto a new micro SDHC card and reloaded everything to what I believe the original setting were. Found my wireless router and re-entered the WEP code onto the RPi. The Wi-fi symbol stopped flashing so I assumed I was connected, but was not.

The entry for the WEP key says "Pre Shared Key". I assume this is for the WEP.

I connected directly to the router via an Ethernet cable and had full Internet connectivity. Rebooted several time. Looked for new Updates/upgrades, but there were none.

Swapped back to the original SDHC card and all was well again. Everything else seems to work except for Wi-Fi.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Fierojo

fierojo

Re: Wifi No Longer working

Mon May 18, 2015 1:59 pm

Any suggestions at all would be appreciated. I'm totally stuck here.

Thanks.

Fierojo

bobstro

Mon May 18, 2015 2:05 pm

"Pre Shared Key" is usually (not necessarily always) associated with WPA/WPA2, not WEP. Can you verify that you are, ineed, using WEP on your access point (not good practice these days) and selecting WEP on your RPi? This would be a good time to convert over to WPA2 if you haven't.

fierojo

Mon May 18, 2015 2:46 pm

Hello Bobstro,

The AP is definitely running WEP. Nothing has changed from that side. How do I access the access to the WEP Key on the RPi running the latest Raspbian release. It seems to have changed from the previous version.

Thanks.

Fierojo

fierojo

Fri May 29, 2015 1:32 am

I'm still having problems getting the same wifi dingle that worked on the pre-May 5th release. I have a RPi B+. Was running the Pre-05-05-15 version of Raspbian with all of the current upgrades/updates. Using a Wi-fi Dongle. All was well. Did a full download of the new 05-05-15 version of Raspbian onto a new micro SDHC card and reloaded everything to what I believe the original setting were. Found my wireless router and re-entered the WEP code onto the RPi. The Wi-fi symbol stopped flashing so I assumed I was connected, but was not.

The entry for the WEP key says "Pre Shared Key". I assume this is for the WEP. It wasn't. I went back to the previous GUI but the WEP entry wasn't accepted.

Since I haven't been able to find a solution, does anyOne know if the previous Raspbian version can be downloaded from some archival site?

Thanks.

Fierojo

electronicman

Sun May 31, 2015 11:29 pm

I am also having exactly the same problem with the latest update. I will try to down load the previous version to see if that is any better.

I can connect using the old method with wpa_gui and it appears to work, but there is no data as the browser says not connected and of course I cannot update through a terminal.
David

electronicman

Sun May 31, 2015 11:55 pm

Update. I downloaded the latest version by a network cable connection, ran an update and then connected to my WiFi, had to use the wpa_gui for that, however it now works
David

Return to “Beginners”