vallieres

iPad Screen for the Pi?

Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:44 pm

I'm looking for a great screen for my to-be-transformed iCade into a Raspberry Pi powered retro arcade. I remember seeing a comment somewhere that we can use a used eBay-bought iPad screen (like gen 1 or 2) and use it with the Pi.

What driver should I use that would go between the iPad screen and the HDMI port of the Pi?

DirkS

Re: iPad Screen for the Pi?

Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:13 pm

No idea what type of screen the ipad uses, but you would probably have to find a converter from HDMI to whatever technology the iPad uses.
Highly unlikely you'll find one...

Do you have a link for such a screen?

fruitoftheloom

Re: iPad Screen for the Pi?

Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:27 pm

vallieres wrote:I'm looking for a great screen for my to-be-transformed iCade into a Raspberry Pi powered retro arcade. I remember seeing a comment somewhere that we can use a used eBay-bought iPad screen (like gen 1 or 2) and use it with the Pi.

What driver should I use that would go between the iPad screen and the HDMI port of the Pi?
Virtually impossible unless you have access to the circuit diagram of the iPad and can build a circuit board ;)
adieu

Asus CS10 Chromebit / HP Envy 4500 Wireless Printer / Raspberry Pi Model 2B v1.1 / RealVNC Software...

Return to “Gaming”