Page 20 of 20

Re: recalboxOS - emulation platform for RPi and RPi2

Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:18 am
by mattrix
EdwinJ85 wrote:Hi there,

I've downloaded the release (from march) of RecalBoxOS and installed it on my pi 2. Mostly good so far, but for some reason the official pi wifi adapter (https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/usb-wifi-dongle/) doesn't appear to work? I had this issue with OSMC earlier this year but updates resolved it.

Is this a known problem and if so is there a fix please?

Thanks,

Edwin.
You could try running these commands in terminal

Code: Select all

wget -P /lib/firmware https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/firmware/linux-firmware.git/tree/brcm/brcmfmac43143-sdio.bin

wget -P /lib/firmware https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/firmware/linux-firmware.git/tree/brcm/brcmfmac43143.bin

reboot
Might work - not sure.

Re: recalboxOS - emulation platform for RPi and RPi2

Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:36 pm
by Pangoa
Hi

I'm new to RecalBox and I'm using a cheap SNES like USB Controller.
I was wondering if there is a way to set "Select" as hotkey and use a two button combination as select?

Thx for your answer

Re: recalboxOS - emulation platform for RPi and RPi2

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:43 am
by DigitalLumberjack
If you set select as hotkey, you can use select + anything to make a special combination and select alone to use select. This is the default configuration.

Re: recalboxOS - emulation platform for RPi and RPi2

Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:42 pm
by mistrjon
Hello all. New to all the mini board hobbyist scene, but would love for this to be my first project.

I have a Raspberry Pi Zero. I've been searching and reading but can't seem to find a final say on whether or not the Zero is supported by RecalBox. Can someone shed some light on this or point me in the right direction? Or perhaps a Zero-compatible alternative?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Re: recalboxOS - emulation platform for RPi and RPi2

Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:12 am
by DigitalLumberjack
I should receive a rpi zero this weekend. The support is imminent :)

Re: recalboxOS - emulation platform for RPi and RPi2

Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:26 pm
by mistrjon
DigitalLumberjack wrote:I should receive a rpi zero this weekend. The support is imminent :)
Thank you!

Re: recalboxOS - emulation platform for RPi and RPi2

Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:16 am
by hbrook3
Great work DigitalLumberjack!

I'm almost done making my 2nd bartop arcade using Recalbox. I love how easy it is to use and configure! 2 Bartops and one standalone for my tv at home with 4 wireless xbox controllers (1 reciever) for awesome multiplayer retrogaming!

I can't wait to see what else you add to the next releases!

attached photo is unfinished bartop. Still need to add artwork, marquee, and speakers

Re: recalboxOS - emulation platform for RPi and RPi2

Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:58 am
by mattrix
DigitalLumberjack wrote:I should receive a rpi zero this weekend. The support is imminent :)
Does this mean the firmware in the Recalbox Raspberry Pi 1 B / A+ build will be upgraded?

I had a problem running the Raspberry Pi 1 Recalbox on latest NOOBS.
The reason was that the latest NOOBS takes up 5x partitions.
Recalbox needs 3x. So, the last partition is partition number #8 and isn't mounted due to below issue.

The guys over at NOOBS github said this

""""""
Recompile the kernel used by your Linux distribution with a higher CONFIG_MMC_BLOCK_MINORS kernel option to get mmcblk0 devices beyond p7.
Or switch to the standard bcmrpi_defconfig kernel which has 32.
""""

Re: recalboxOS - emulation platform for RPi and RPi2

Posted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:21 pm
by mathboy4life
Instead of static wallpapers for emulationstation is it possible that you can incorporate a video background effect in the code to make it dynamic?

Re: recalboxOS - emulation platform for RPi and RPi2

Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:11 pm
by Catrinisin
Hello, great project!!

I see in the latest update that keyboard support has been added. This is great news for me because my bartop uses an ipac2 controller which emulates a keyboard for both players.

However, keyboard still does not work inside of the emulators even though I configured it in ES. I tried the new 3.3 also with no luck. Has anyone gotten a keyboard working in games? Is there some kind of manual config needed for this to work?

Thanks!!

Re: recalboxOS - emulation platform for RPi and RPi2

Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:58 pm
by mistrjon
Eagerly awaiting Raspberry Pi Zero support!

Re: recalboxOS - emulation platform for RPi and RPi2

Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:46 pm
by DigitalLumberjack
Rpi zero tested and compatible with 4.0.0 nightly builds images : http://archive2.recalbox.com/4.0.0/last/

Re: recalboxOS - emulation platform for RPi and RPi2

Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:10 pm
by mistrjon
DigitalLumberjack wrote:Rpi zero tested and compatible with 4.0.0 nightly builds images : http://archive2.recalbox.com/4.0.0/last/
Fantastic news! Thanks again!

Re: recalboxOS - emulation platform for RPi and RPi2

Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:26 pm
by mistrjon
DigitalLumberjack wrote:Rpi zero tested and compatible with 4.0.0 nightly builds images : http://archive2.recalbox.com/4.0.0/last/
Very new to this. Is it compatible with both RPi1 and 2 images? I don't see a RPi0 image available.

Also, not really sure what to do with .img. Can someone point me in the right direction? Tried extracting the files and adding them to my SDcard, but nothing boots.

Thanks again for any help.

Re: recalboxOS - emulation platform for RPi and RPi2

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:34 pm
by topguy
mistrjon wrote: Very new to this. Is it compatible with both RPi1 and 2 images? I don't see a RPi0 image available.
Also, not really sure what to do with .img. Can someone point me in the right direction? Tried extracting the files and adding them to my SDcard, but nothing boots.

Thanks again for any help.
I'm guessing it has to be the RPi1 image that fits the Zero, those models are most alike.

Installed the same way as any other card-image I would think. (copying the file itself wont work)
https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentati ... /README.md

Re: recalboxOS - emulation platform for RPi and RPi2

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:53 pm
by mistrjon
topguy wrote:
mistrjon wrote: Very new to this. Is it compatible with both RPi1 and 2 images? I don't see a RPi0 image available.
Also, not really sure what to do with .img. Can someone point me in the right direction? Tried extracting the files and adding them to my SDcard, but nothing boots.

Thanks again for any help.
I'm guessing it has to be the RPi1 image that fits the Zero, those models are most alike.

Installed the same way as any other card-image I would think. (copying the file itself wont work)
https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentati ... /README.md
Thank you, that did it. It has the exact same file structure as before, so curious as to what differed.

Re: recalboxOS - emulation platform for RPi and RPi2

Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:18 pm
by peterweiss
Hello, I have an issue with PS3 controllers and the N64 emulator:

Each time I press the hotkey (in my case the "PS" button) the game shuts down. I have read on https://github.com/recalbox/recalbox-os ... s-%28EN%29 that Mupen64plus doesn't support button combinations such as Hotkey+X for saving and for that reason the save and load functions can be assigned to buttons directly in mupen64plus.cfg. I don't know which buttons to choose for saving and loading. Does anyone have suggestions for buttons that are not neccessarily needed during N64 gameplay?

Thanks to everyone who can contribute! (in English, French, German)
Peter

My system:
Raspberry Pi 2, overclocked 1,05 GHz, Copal F17HA fan
Recalbox v3.3.0-beta-17
CSL USB nano Bluetooth-Adapter
DualShock3 Gamepads
NES30 Gamepads

Re: recalboxOS - emulation platform for RPi and RPi2

Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:27 pm
by peterweiss
peterweiss wrote:Hello, I have an issue with PS3 controllers and the N64 emulator:

Each time I press the hotkey (in my case the "PS" button) the game shuts down. I have read on https://github.com/recalbox/recalbox-os ... s-%28EN%29 that Mupen64plus doesn't support button combinations such as Hotkey+X for saving and for that reason the save and load functions can be assigned to buttons directly in mupen64plus.cfg. I don't know which buttons to choose for saving and loading. Does anyone have suggestions for buttons that are not neccessarily needed during N64 gameplay?

Thanks to everyone who can contribute! (in English, French, German)
Peter

My system:
Raspberry Pi 2, overclocked 1,05 GHz, Copal F17HA fan
Recalbox v3.3.0-beta-17
CSL USB nano Bluetooth-Adapter
DualShock3 Gamepads
NES30 Gamepads
Solution:
***********
I assigned the buttons on the DualShock3's analogue sticks for saving and loading. Press analogue stick left: Button 1, press analogue stick right: Button 2.
Root access via Putty

Code: Select all

nano /recalbox/configs/mupen64/mupen64plus.cfg
Scroll down to [Core Events] section and enter J0B1 (=Gamepad 1, Button 1) and J0B2 (=Gamepad 1, Button 2) between the quotation marks:

Code: Select all

# Joystick event string for saving the emulator state
Joy Mapping Save State = "J0B1"
# Joystick event string for loading the emulator state
Joy Mapping Load State = "J0B2"
Saving and loading works fine now for N64 emulator.

Re: recalboxOS - emulation platform for RPi and RPi2

Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:38 pm
by kryptalivian
For the unstable raspberry pi zero image, I need to get a copy of Noobs Lite and throw the image in the the image folder right?

Also when the image becomes stable and official, I'll have an update that pops up on the screen like the other images correct?

Re: recalboxOS - emulation platform for RPi and RPi2

Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:54 pm
by cata
Dreamcast emulator?? :|