mgoulart

Re: recalboxOS - emulation platform for RPi and RPi2

Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:34 pm

I think that I "solved" the problem. After update recalboxOS to 3.2.2 my Wifi isn't cofiguring. I will try to turn on my RPi without Wifi adapter and after that restart with it!

C-Fu

Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:28 pm

Just tried Recalbox, and the autoconfiguring of joystick in emulationstation AND retroarch is just awesome :D

However, the Kodi version in recalbox is a bit weird..... seems like addons such as Genesis, IsraeLIVE doesn't work. And PVR doesn't exist, and since there's no apt-get install kodi-pvr-iptvsimple, is there another way to enable PVR and/or IPTV Simple addon (or any PVR addon for that matter)?

Cheers for the good work though!

terminator2k2

Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:35 pm

hi there, would just like to say excellent work so far.....

just a couple of questions...

I cant get n64 roms to run.....they show up in the menu but when I select 1 it goes to a black screen then back to menu...

I have installed a 8gig micro sd and installed recallbox and some roms.....but in emulation station it says I only have 2gig free....is this correct ?

im also having network problems, 99% of the time I have no network on the pi....tried different cables and different ports on router...makes no difference...even re-booted the router same problem

terminator2k2

Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:13 pm

Ok just an update, network problems must of been some file corruption, I was trying to move over a psx ISO but it was taking longer than anticipated so I canceled it , then no network. I reinstalled everything and network is now back to normal.

N64 roms have to be unzipped and renamed .n64 to work.

DigitalLumberjack

Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:04 am

C-Fu wrote:However, the Kodi version in recalbox is a bit weird..... seems like addons such as Genesis, IsraeLIVE doesn't work. And PVR doesn't exist, and since there's no apt-get install kodi-pvr-iptvsimple, is there another way to enable PVR and/or IPTV Simple addon (or any PVR addon for that matter)?
Hi, i will build the full kodi package in next release, i did not know so much people used extra component.
terminator2k2 wrote:Ok just an update, network problems must of been some file corruption, I was trying to move over a psx ISO but it was taking longer than anticipated so I canceled it , then no network. I reinstalled everything and network is now back to normal.
The issue you had was not because file corruption, it's something i'm trying to correct at each release...

DigitalLumberjack

Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:05 am

Oh look there is a guy trying to sell the so easy to install recalboxOS on ebay :lol:
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/RecalBox-OS-For- ... 1762871724

You can see that he removed all links to recalbox.com in images ...

C-Fu

Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:33 am

DigitalLumberjack wrote: Hi, i will build the full kodi package in next release, i did not know so much people used extra component.
Awesome! Cheers mate.

Also, I'm trying to build/make from scratch just for fun (and learning at the same time) on my RPi 1. So here's what I did.

1. use Raspbian
2. download createRecalboxOS.sh, make it executable
3. ran it, and it says few packages missing, so I apt-get install subversion bc mercurial. then says qt5-default and qt-something is missing, so had to find the deb repo and put it inside my "repo list" or something.
4. ran it again (I think) - createRecalboxOS.sh recalbox
5. sudo make menuconfig, selected a bunch of stuff (including kodi-pvr-addon and kodi-pvr-iptvsimple) that I have absolutely no idea what it does
6. sudo make, wait few hours. bunch of text came up.
7. final line said something error 1
8. now what?

Appreciate what you're doing :D :mrgreen:

terminator2k2

Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:30 am

terminator2k2 wrote:Ok just an update, network problems must of been some file corruption, I was trying to move over a psx ISO but it was taking longer than anticipated so I canceled it , then no network. I reinstalled everything and network is now back to normal.
DigitalLumberjack wrote:The issue you had was not because file corruption, it's something i'm trying to correct at each release...
is there anyway to get it back up and running after the issue? no matter how many times I reboot the pi , the network doesn't come back...

mgoulart

Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:34 pm

DigitalLumberjack wrote:Oh look there is a guy trying to sell the so easy to install recalboxOS on ebay :lol:

:shock: :shock:
OMG!

robwriter

Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:05 pm

Apologies if there Q's have been answered but I couldn't see them anywhere...

Are wireless 360 controllers using the MS USB receiver supported? It doesn't appear to work out of the box but I may be missing something.

Also, I have my roms on an external drive connected to the Pi, but I can't spot how to make RecalBox look it up. Or do I need to copy them to the SD card?

terminator2k2

Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:01 pm

im sure the wireless controller works....but not officialy supported....goto controller set up and set up controller....

for roms, if the pi is on your network , on your pc goto my computer - then network - then recalbox folder....

you should then see the roms folders for the different emus.....would be nice if it supported a usb hdd aswell

terminator2k2

Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:01 pm

how does 1 get mame working using recalbox?

ive put a couple of roms in the rom folder and when ever I select the rom it takes me to a configuration page, and I have no idea what im supposed to do from there....

geppetto

Getting back to emulation station from Mame

Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:06 pm

Hi
I,ve got quite a few Mame games running fine but how do I quit a game and return
to Emulation Station.
I,m using a SNES USB contoller and the other emulators quit OK with select/start
but Mame doesn't...

Thanks for any ideas..

Phil

mgoulart

Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:53 pm

terminator2k2 wrote:how does 1 get mame working using recalbox?

ive put a couple of roms in the rom folder and when ever I select the rom it takes me to a configuration page, and I have no idea what im supposed to do from there....
You need to have 0.37b5 Mame roms. Is it your romset version?

PuppetHoundZ

Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:42 pm

DigitalLumberjack wrote:Oh look there is a guy trying to sell the so easy to install recalboxOS on ebay :lol:

Evil! :twisted: :evil: Scum.

We should report that thug somehow. :geek:

terminator2k2

Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:57 pm

mgoulart wrote:
terminator2k2 wrote:how does 1 get mame working using recalbox?

You need to have 0.37b5 Mame roms. Is it your romset version?
cheers...just got a rom pak for 0.37b5 and all is well...thank you

DigitalLumberjack

Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:26 am

Hi, i couldn't post yesterday as i was a at Raspberry Jam meeting at Courthézon in France :)

So let's begin by saying there stille are some issues with the network. Udev is renamming the interfaces with different indexes. As you have only one eth interface, it should be eth0. But udev creates duplicate rules (randomly not always) for the same interface, renaming it to eth1 even eth2. I'm working on that.
C-Fu wrote:7. final line said something error 1
8. now what?
Hi, now past this error on pastbin and give me the link :)
terminator2k2 wrote:is there anyway to get it back up and running after the issue? no matter how many times I reboot the pi , the network doesn't come back...
Hi, plug a keyboard, then F4 to quit emulationstation. Then ALT+F2 to get the prompt. Then "root" and "recalboxroot" as password.
Edit the file with `nano /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules ` and remove the lines with NAME="ethX" if X is not 0
It's a very hard issue to correct for me as it's so random.

robwriter wrote:Are wireless 360 controllers using the MS USB receiver supported? It doesn't appear to work out of the box but I may be missing something.

Also, I have my roms on an external drive connected to the Pi, but I can't spot how to make RecalBox look it up. Or do I need to copy them to the SD card?

Hi,
XBOX wifi ocntrollers are not supported, i do not own one and i cannot test it...

The recalbox is configured to see roms on the SD card "SHARE" partition for now.
geppetto wrote:I,m using a SNES USB contoller and the other emulators quit OK with select/start
but Mame doesn't...
Hi, yes there is an issue in some games with select as the hotkey so i replaced the hotkey to R1.
Quit with R1+start. I wrote it here https://github.com/digitalLumberjack/re ... l-commands , i know it's weird but if i don't do that you cannot add coins on some games.

Jaspreet997

Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:08 pm

Hey I was trying to download but it stopped and restarted a few times.
Can you please post the md5 for the latest zip file in OP.
I wanna check if I got a correct and non corrupt download

Energizer

Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:02 pm

X360 wireless controllers work just fine, once you set up the controller in recalbox's settings tis all good!

even with 2 controllers it works quite well, except sometimes where it will reverse player 1 and 2 randomly after switching games, but nothing gamebreaking

Energizer

Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:27 pm

i've just tried Broken Sword 1 on ScummVM, it looks like it's working pretty well but the game appears in the upper right of my screen so i'm missing a huge part of it... any way to access scummvm's settings?

geppetto

Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:47 pm

geppetto wrote:I,m using a SNES USB contoller and the other emulators quit OK with select/start
but Mame doesn't...
Hi, yes there is an issue in some games with select as the hotkey so i replaced the hotkey to R1.
Quit with R1+start. I wrote it here https://github.com/digitalLumberjack/re ... l-commands , i know it's weird but if i don't do that you cannot add coins on some games.
Works perfectely......thank you 8-)

Phil

DigitalLumberjack

Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:30 am

Jaspreet997 wrote:Hey I was trying to download but it stopped and restarted a few times.
Can you please post the md5 for the latest zip file in OP.
I wanna check if I got a correct and non corrupt download
Hi, the unzip would tell you if the archive is corrupted. I'll put the md5 and sha in next release that'a a good idea.
Energizer wrote:even with 2 controllers it works quite well, except sometimes where it will reverse player 1 and 2 randomly after switching games, but nothing gamebreaking
hi, in piFBA i presume ? The issue is already there : https://github.com/digitalLumberjack/re ... s/issues/5

DigitalLumberjack

Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:33 am

Energizer wrote:i've just tried Broken Sword 1 on ScummVM, it looks like it's working pretty well but the game appears in the upper right of my screen so i'm missing a huge part of it... any way to access scummvm's settings?
Hi, not the only issue Day of The tentacle do the same. I'm on it.
If you want to go to scummvm setting, either use alt+F5 on scummvm (menu shortcut)
Or try to quit emulationstation (F4) get a prompt (ALT+F2) and connect with "root" "recalboxroot" and start scummvm from the command line.

Energizer

Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:51 am

hi, in piFBA i presume ? The issue is already there : https://github.com/digitalLumberjack/re ... s/issues/5
in several snes games actually, paperboy 2, super mario world etc... but i didn't set the second controller in recalbox settings, it always crashes when i quit the controller settings... so maybe it's related?

DigitalLumberjack

Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:57 am

Ok that's really bad.
Could you give me the following files (by connecting by ssh) :

Code: Select all

/root/generateConfig.log
/root/.emulationstation/es_input.log
/root/recalbox.log
/recalbox/config/retroarch/retroarchcustom.cfg
/recalbox/config/retroarch/input/[your controller id].cfg

Return to “Gaming”