DigitalLumberjack

Re: recalboxOS - emulation platform for RPi and RPi2

Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:32 am

mgoulart wrote:I'm feeling like that boy opening the Nintendo 64!!!!!! Thanks!!!
Lol, that's nice if you get some good nostalgic feelings ;) It seems to be some issues with the network though, please feedback when you test it...

DigitalLumberjack

Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:35 am

PuppetHoundZ wrote:Awesome update.
Good work on the update for Wifi, Kodi and now using Default Clock.
PuppetHoundZ wrote:Does ScummVM work with Gamepad?
No, keyboard and mouse for now.
PuppetHoundZ wrote: How does the OS Map the Controls to Gamepad for ScummVM?
It doesn't, Scummvm doesn't have gamepad fine tuning.
PuppetHoundZ wrote: I'll test out the Wifi dongle when I can.
Yep i need feedback on that, already some issues... I knew it would not be easy to add this feature...

lmacky wrote: wifi network setup fine with my small comfast dongle, can get more details of dongle if needed.
Hi, yes it would be cool to add dongle info on : https://github.com/digitalLumberjack/re ... ility-(EN)
lmacky wrote: could we have the password hidden once set please as if someone gets my box they will be able to see both my network name and password :D
Good idea
lmacky wrote:would it be possible to make the controllers work in kodi as I had to switch to a kbd/mouse when I mainly use my wired 360 controller my recalbox setup :D.
https://github.com/digitalLumberjack/re ... /issues/12
I know i would love to get joystick support. But remember i compiled kodi with hdmi CEC...

hhafstad

Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:31 am

DigitalLumberjack,
I like to thank you for the great work you're doing on Recalbox-OS. It really is plug and play. The updating process in particular is just pure bliss. If it's possible for you at some time to replace fMSX with BlueMSX I would be very happy, I would love to use my PS3-controller to play those games. Keep up the good work.

raspberryman

Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:45 am

Wonderful project !!!

I have some questions ;
1. Are you planning add C64&Amiga support ?
2. Wide screen stretch option in retroarch&fba&mame in main menu
3. Change fba&mame button mapping in main menu (not effective edit fba2x.cfg from terminal)

Thank you for your effort and fast update period DigitalLumberjack !!

DigitalLumberjack

Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:28 am

raspberryman wrote:1. Are you planning add C64&Amiga support ?
Hi,
i check about uae4all2 but there is no way of launching the game directly... I want all emulator to run directly from the frontend.
raspberryman wrote:2. Wide screen stretch option in retroarch&fba&mame in main menu
Feel free to add an issue here https://github.com/digitalLumberjack/recalbox-os/issues ;)
Just a little message by the way : I will not remember all enhancement request made on this fourm, so don't forget to add your issues ideas to the github issues ;)
raspberryman wrote:3. Change fba&mame button mapping in main menu (not effective edit fba2x.cfg from terminal)
Not for now. It's about 4 buttons on X Y B and A ? If you want to change the mapping edit recalbox/scripts/generateEmuConfigs/createFBAConfig.sh and edit :

Code: Select all

declare -A fbabtn
        fbabtn['a']='Y'
        fbabtn['b']='X'
        fbabtn['x']='B'
        fbabtn['y']='A'
        fbabtn['pageup']='L'
        fbabtn['pagedown']='R'
Yeah i know it doesn't correspond as pifba doesn't name inputs as it should. An update would delete your changes.
hhafstad wrote:If it's possible for you at some time to replace fMSX with BlueMSX
Hi :)
https://github.com/digitalLumberjack/recalbox-os/issues :lol:

DigitalLumberjack

Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:16 pm

Release v3.2.1
I tried to correct issues with network on some rpi. UDEV create a rule that renames eth0 to eth1 at first launch for some of you. I tried to avoid that but it's so random i cannot understand why it does that. So i simple remove this rule and reload udev at the first boot.

I added a message when wifi connection has been set too.

Hope that will work, i will need feedback !

redijedi808

Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:59 pm

Aloha, just want to thank you for this awesome project! I spent the whole weekend trying to get the best format for a media player and retro game player and you did it!

I wanted to ask if there is a way to map the Menu Button on the Xbox controller(Center button with the X) to the ESC key?

I want to keep my system up and running with just the controller and my tv remote. Everything is all good until one of my ROMs hang in which I'm stuck without the keyboard ESC key.

Also, is it still recommended to run the OS from a USB? I have a new 32GB microsd but was just wondering and if it is better, is it as easy as copying the boot files to the microSD?

DigitalLumberjack

Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:03 pm

Hi, check the manual : https://github.com/digitalLumberjack/re ... l-%28EN%29
You have all shortcuts.

If you use a 360 controller hotkey should be the button you are talking about, and hotkey+start exit the game.

If it's not working, just go in the menu -> configure input and reconfigure your controller with the good hotkey button.

geppetto

Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:14 pm

What are the SSH password and username for this?
I want to move roms into it from my PC using Filezilla.

Great project, thank you very much

Phil

geppetto

Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:24 pm

DOH! :oops:
Missed that, should have seen it as I was reading through...

Thanks, sorry to have bothered you

Phil

DigitalLumberjack

Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:26 pm

That's all right :) i edited the first post with a visible link to wiki and manual, i think it was not visible enough ;)
have fun and we are wiating for your feedback !

redijedi808

Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:28 pm

DigitalLumberjack wrote:Hi, check the manual : https://github.com/digitalLumberjack/re ... l-%28EN%29
You have all shortcuts.

If you use a 360 controller hotkey should be the button you are talking about, and hotkey+start exit the game.

If it's not working, just go in the menu -> configure input and reconfigure your controller with the good hotkey button.

Mahalo for the reply and info...I was so excited to try out this awesome OS, I completely missed the manual.

I shall go over it thoroughly

Thanks again for this all in one!

thak

Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:31 pm

Hi!

Does any of you, already test this Bluetooth controller : http://www.amazon.fr/gp/aw/d/B00MIRAO18 ... ords=nes30
?

If no, how to test them with recalbox? ( I already tried them with piplay but i'm stuck with the Button config :'( )

Thx for your help!

DigitalLumberjack

Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:47 pm

Hi all ;p
thak wrote:Does any of you, already test this Bluetooth controller : www.amazon.fr/gp/aw/d/B00MIRAO18/ref=mp ... ords=nes30
?
That would be cool if they run on recalbox. Maybe if i found a bluetooth controller i could create a setting that allow bluez to associate with a bluetooth controller. That would be cool.

Any one near Marseille in france that could lend me one ?

thak

Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:42 pm

Hi,
Sorry i'm near Lille :p
But with proper instruction i can test it and give you the result :)

bazola

Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:20 pm

DigitalLumberjack wrote:Hi all ;p
thak wrote:Does any of you, already test this Bluetooth controller : http://www.amazon.fr/gp/aw/d/B00MIRAO18/ref=mp ... ords=nes30
?
That would be cool if they run on recalbox. Maybe if i found a bluetooth controller i could create a setting that allow bluez to associate with a bluetooth controller. That would be cool.

Any one near Marseille in france that could lend me one ?
I live near Montpellier and I own a NES30 and a FC30.

They work fine with retropie, i followed instructions here (sorry it's in french...) : http://www.open-consoles-news.com/2014/ ... aming.html

Maybe it could work with recalbox?

etimm

Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:14 am

I've found two bugs in the 3.2.0 release.

Whenever I go to the control input menu and press (B) to go back. The raspberry shuts down. (I'm using the xbox360 controller with wireless receiver. btw: It recognises the reciever as 4 indvidual controllers.)

When playing Day of the Tentacle in scrummvm it only shows a portion of the screen, about 4/5 of the total screen is displayed.

they both persist in the latest release.
Is there any way to use the controller to operate kodi and scummvm? (Or could this not be working due to the controller menu bug?)

I've lent my old raspberry pi with wifi dongle to a friend of mine. Next time I'll see him again I wil try out the wifi support! Good Job so far!

mgoulart

Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:54 pm

It's a silly thing but is it possible to inform the RecalboxOS version on EmulationStation screen? If it is, could bo possible to do it on future updates?

DigitalLumberjack

Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:21 pm

mgoulart wrote:It's a silly thing but is it possible to inform the RecalboxOS version on EmulationStation screen? If it is, could bo possible to do it on future updates?
Don't you have it in System Settings ?

DigitalLumberjack

Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:35 pm

etimm wrote:I've found two bugs in the 3.2.0 release.

Whenever I go to the control input menu and press (B) to go back. The raspberry shuts down. (I'm using the xbox360 controller with wireless receiver. btw: It recognises the reciever as 4 indvidual controllers.)

When playing Day of the Tentacle in scrummvm it only shows a portion of the screen, about 4/5 of the total screen is displayed.

they both persist in the latest release.
Is there any way to use the controller to operate kodi and scummvm? (Or could this not be working due to the controller menu bug?)

I've lent my old raspberry pi with wifi dongle to a friend of mine. Next time I'll see him again I wil try out the wifi support! Good Job so far!
Hi, yeah xbox 360 controller wireless is not officially supported... i don't have one and i cannot test it.

For kodi and scummvm https://github.com/digitalLumberjack/re ... /issues/12

For day of the tentacle i'll check i added this issue https://github.com/digitalLumberjack/re ... /issues/22

mgoulart

Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:12 pm

DigitalLumberjack wrote:
mgoulart wrote:It's a silly thing but is it possible to inform the RecalboxOS version on EmulationStation screen? If it is, could bo possible to do it on future updates?
Don't you have it in System Settings ?
I told it was a silly thing! :lol:

Is it necessary any extra configuration to send roms to recalboxOS through wifi network (using Linux Mint). I'm searching for the Recalbox on my OS but i didn't find it!

Thanks again!

DigitalLumberjack

Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:19 pm

mgoulart wrote:Is it necessary any extra configuration to send roms to recalboxOS through wifi network (using Linux Mint). I'm searching for the Recalbox on my OS but i didn't find it!
No samba should share on the wifi too...
I'm checking that.

DigitalLumberjack

Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:45 pm

The samba share on wifi is ok...
Try to connect directly with the ip. Tell me if you manage to do it.
I forgot to ignore a file in the last update, so if you updated you should disable and enable the wifi in the frontend in order to reactivate it. i'm correcting this.

mgoulart

Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:10 pm

Is it possible to use Filezilla?

Return to “Gaming”