Cael

Re: retroboxOS - emulation platform for rPI

Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:00 am

sorry for the late response life has a way of being a total Arse,

it does work, im surprised your "Extreme" Overclock profile doesnt cause me issues,
since the best i have been able to squeak out of mine. (its a v1.1 First gen Model b that included 512mb over the 256mb first models. )

Code: Select all

arm_freq=1100
core_freq=500
sdram_freq=600
over_voltage=8
avoid_safe_mode=1
gpu_mem=256
force_turbo=1
but yea the controller works but S is the default "Enter" and Enter seems to back out in the menu, of what i did test out of the box w/ that release, OpenElec is missing, and the GBA Emu wont respond to the shortcut key that brings it Back to Emulationstation.

Nitrogen_Widget

Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:25 am

Hello,
Card is formated to fat 32.
Upon boot, after a little while I get an error telling me it couldn't unmount card then I'm unable to proced.

Any ideas?
Thanks.

DigitalLumberjack

Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:46 am

Cael wrote:it does work, im surprised your "Extreme" Overclock profile doesnt cause me issues,
Yes this settings runs well on many RPis. This is why i use it as default.
Cael wrote:but yea the controller works but S is the default "Enter" and Enter seems to back out in the menu
You're talking about the keyboard ? S is "OK/validate", Q is "back", Enter is "Menu" if all is ok

mgoulart

Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:13 am

Is it possible to use zip files on PSX emulator?

DigitalLumberjack

Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:21 am

mgoulart wrote:Is it possible to use zip files on PSX emulator?
Hi pal, nope, it's possible, but it would mean unacceptable loading times. I tried, I refused this option :)

DigitalLumberjack

Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:15 am

I'm changing the name of the project because retrobox is a deposed mark. Also, it has been the first name of a project from libretro/retroarch guys, abandonned because of name rights issues.
So the name of this project will not be retrobox anymore.

I'm here to have your opinions what do you think of recallBox ?

Cael

Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:32 pm

will it eventually support the Adafruit PiTFT? would be great to use this w/ it to make a portable system.

jayminer

Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:42 am

A question about the PC-engine emulation. On your webpage it says PC-Engine (CD), but the readme only talks about hu-card-roms. Is it possible to run CD-games as it is now?

Another question, is there any other Master System core available? I have noticed a few graphical glitches with this one in various games.

As for the name, RecallBox sounds fine to me!

DigitalLumberjack

Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:45 am

Cael wrote:will it eventually support the Adafruit PiTFT? would be great to use this w/ it to make a portable system.
Not for now...
jayminer wrote:A question about the PC-engine emulation. On your webpage it says PC-Engine (CD), but the readme only talks about hu-card-roms. Is it possible to run CD-games as it is now?
Yep iso support, i'll update the readme :)
jayminer wrote:Another question, is there any other Master System core available? I have noticed a few graphical glitches with this one in various games.
I'll take a look, do you have game names ?

jayminer

Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:49 am

It was a couple days ago since I tried quite a few SMS games, so I'm writing from memory now, but I recall the octopus in Alex Kidd in Miracle World had a blue box around it that shouldn't be there. Also Legend of Illusion hade some error graphics at the bottom of the screen that I'm quite sure shouldn't be there.

I'm really stoked about the PC-Engine CD support, but now I will have to get a bigger SD-card!

DigitalLumberjack

Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:12 pm

Ok :)

The retrobox is now officially the recalbox - with recalboxOS and all the stuff that comes with it.
Be aware that github repository have changed.

You can normally do an update from the menu if you have already a retroboxOS installed.

UPDATE V-3.0.0 :
- It's now a recalbox !
- Added https://github.com/digitalLumberjack/mk ... ystick_rpi support for connecting joysticks directly on gpio !
- Added SEGA MEGA CD support
- Added Family Computer Disk System support
- Changed a password for root, now you can connect via ssh to the recalbox with the password recalboxroot
- Rewritten the wiki and manuals https://github.com/digitalLumberjack/recalbox-os/wiki

See the original post modified : http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewt ... 94#p670894

mgoulart

Re: recalboxOS - emulation platform for rPI

Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:46 pm

Unmounting my arcade for updates! :)

KitchUK

Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:07 pm

I thought 'PixelBox' would have been a good name. Has that retro feel. :)

Btw the Famicom disk system, is this a RetroArch core?

DigitalLumberjack

Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:58 pm

Yes I though about pixelbox but it it already taken... Many names I first liked were already used.
Its nestopia core that runs fds ;)
mgoulart wrote:Unmounting my arcade for updates!
courage :)

mgoulart

Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:16 pm

I will need it! :P

HalfSandwich

Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:48 pm

I'm having some trouble with recalbox and the Ultimarc I-PAC. I have two joysticks, 12 action buttons, 2 select and starts wired to it for a 2 player setup. I can select "default" in the input configuration with a connected keyboard then map the arcade buttons in the front end. Navigating around the front end and picking a game works OK.

When I pick a SNES, MAME, or Genesis game and it starts the emulator, only two buttons and the joystick work for Player 1. The rest of the buttons for Player 1 and all of Player 2 buttons do not work. Pressing hotkey-select or hotkey-start I assigned in front end does not work either. I cannot check button mapping within the Retroarch emulator because the hotkey-start combo won't work.

I restarted the Pi then connected a USB controller. I mapped all the buttons in input configuration and selected the gamepad as the input device. All the buttons work in every emulator on the gamepad. I then pressed hotkey-start on the gamepad to check button mappings. I changed Player 1 input to "default" when the I-PAC and USB controller are both connected.
It still does not allow me to use any arcade buttons connected to the I-PAC for Player 2. Only the joystick and two buttons work for Player 1. Are there compatibility issues within the emulators for the I-PAC? Would it be better to wire all the arcade buttons for Player 1 and Player 2 to GPIO pins instead of using the I-PAC?

DigitalLumberjack

Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:28 pm

HalfSandwich wrote:I'm having some trouble with recalbox and the Ultimarc I-PAC. I have two joysticks, 12 action buttons, 2 select and starts wired to it for a 2 player setup. I can select "default" in the input configuration with a connected keyboard then map the arcade buttons in the front end. Navigating around the front end and picking a game works OK.
Hi,
it's gonna be hard for me to debug but what you could do is to send me 2 files you can find at

/recalbox/configs/retroarch/retroarch-custom.cfg
and

/root/.emulationstation/es_input.cfg
After you made the configuration and launched a game that doesn't work.

mgoulart

Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:24 am

Lumberjack,

I updated the Portuguese translation, please check it out!

I updated my recalbox to 3.0.0 and I was looking the 'SHARE' partition on my Linux OS (Mint) but I didn't find the folders to transfer SG1000, FDS and Sega CD roms. Is there a new location to install those roms?

mgoulart

Sun Feb 01, 2015 4:51 am

Some notes about the new version:

- I saw that you created a folder called "recalbox" with similar content from folder "retrobox", so all the configurations about the roms and gamelists is on this new folder. But I think that on the update process is missing an important step, get gamelists and setting and change the directory inside those files. I'm saying it because after update the system, all my gamelists are apparently gone but they are inside the folder "/root/.emulationstation/gamelists/" but the path inside stills using 'retrobox' and not 'recalbox'

- The issue above, I think that it's related with that I said on previous post. Maybe it's necessary to change "SHARE" partition to refer to 'recalbox' folder

DigitalLumberjack

Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:40 am

mgoulart wrote:- I saw that you created a folder called "recalbox" with similar content from folder "retrobox", so all the configurations about the roms and gamelists is on this new folder. But I think that on the update process is missing an important step, get gamelists and setting and change the directory inside those files. I'm saying it because after update the system, all my gamelists are apparently gone but they are inside the folder "/root/.emulationstation/gamelists/" but the path inside stills using 'retrobox' and not 'recalbox'
Hi pal,
Yes i saw that after the update, many gamelists reference the game with a relative path, and i saw if you use an external scrapper or something you will have an absolute path... I cannot go back, the update has been pretty hard to make because of this folder renaming.

If you have access to your files, just use `sed -i "s/retrobox/recalbox/g" mygamelist.xml` on each one.

For the rom folder issue, you will have to update a second time.

I'm releasing today the 3.0.1 version, with 32x beta support, new buttons mapping for fba, etc etc...
I may suggest a fresh install of this one to get things working.

mgoulart

Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:14 pm

Cool!! I will wait the new version!

DigitalLumberjack

Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:32 pm

mgoulart wrote:I updated the Portuguese translation, please check it out!
Thank you :)

DigitalLumberjack

Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:50 pm

v3.0.1 is online :
New :
  • - Added bg sound for all systems
    - Added the possibility of use SELECT as hotkey. It means that select cannot be used as a hotkey combination, so now the QUIT shortcut is HOTKEY + START, and the MENU shortcut is HOTKEY + B
    - Added all FBA games filter for buttons mapping. All street fighters and 6btn arcade games are now mapped on 6 btn like :
    Ⓨ Ⓧ Ⓛ
    Ⓑ Ⓐ Ⓡ
    And 4 buttons games like :
    Ⓨ Ⓑ Ⓧ Ⓐ
    - Added jstest utility
    - Added alpha Sega 32x support (put your .32x roms in megadrive system). Not 60 fps.

mgoulart

Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:39 pm

Are you using native Picodrive for 32x?

mgoulart

Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:46 pm

Are you using native Picodrive for 32x?

Return to “Gaming”