Flausch

Re: uae4all2 (Amiga emulator)

Fri May 15, 2015 3:37 pm

Yes, I realized the wrong thread at the moment I pushed "submit". Since I am new, my post needed to be approved by a moderator. I could not delete it and repost in the right thread... :?

But after some more testing I can say the problem exists in all version (UAE4All2, UAE4All2 chips and UAE4ARM). So the thread was not really wrong... ;)

My input setup is like this: A wireless keyboard with mouse support (Logitech K400r), an xbox 360 pad and two GPIO joysticks.

Chips UAE4ALL2 gave me this output:

Code: Select all

Joystick0 : Microsoft X-Box 360 pad
Buttons: 11 Axis: 6 Hats: 1
Joystick0 : Multisystem joystick
Buttons: 1 Axis: 2 Hats: 0
Joystick 0 twice... this looks strange... :D

Next steps I will try:
- Use a wired keyboard without mouse
- Install xbox driver
- Unplug Xbox-Pad, use keyboard for retropie navigation and keep GPIO-Joystick as the only controller.

I am still unfamiliar how UAE chooses which controller to use. I would really help to have all connected controllers listed in a box and being able to pick which one should be connected to each of the amiga inputs.
Maybe some of the developers can look at the Hatari (Atari ST) source code, which has a chooser for the joysticks that works perfect. It uses SDL for input too.
Attachments
IMG_20150515_173421.jpg
IMG_20150515_173421.jpg (53.09 KiB) Viewed 4937 times

Vanfanel

Sun May 31, 2015 10:16 am

@chips: I'm trying to build a Raspberry Pi 1 version of this, but I still need that libguichan sources. I don't want to install from apt-get as guichan has a LOT of heavy dependencies.
Do you have a link to a guichan sourcecode I can use, please?

Chips

Sun May 31, 2015 11:20 am

Note that the libguichan dev packages aren't source but header only... I always use them.
What huge dependencies you've seen ?
There could be some way to install package without dependencies, you could try this...

Vanfanel

Sun May 31, 2015 12:30 pm

Chips wrote:Note that the libguichan dev packages aren't source but header only... I always use them.
What huge dependencies you've seen ?
There could be some way to install package without dependencies, you could try this...
These are the dependencies, truly inaceptable in a lightweight system like mine:

pi@raspberrypi ~/retro $ sudo apt-get install libguichan-dev 
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree        
Reading state information... Done
The following extra packages will be installed:
  liballegro4.2-dev liballegro4.4 liballegro4.4-plugin-alsa libavahi-client-dev libavahi-common-dev libcaca-dev
  libdbus-1-dev libdirectfb-dev libdirectfb-extra libelfg0 libgl1-mesa-dev libglib2.0-bin libglib2.0-dev
  libglu1-mesa-dev libguichan-0.8.1-1 libguichan-allegro-0.8.1-1 libguichan-opengl-0.8.1-1 libguichan-sdl-0.8.1-1
  libjbig-dev libjpeg8-dev libjpgalleg4.4 libpcre3-dev libpcrecpp0 libpthread-stubs0 libpthread-stubs0-dev libpulse-dev
  libpulse-mainloop-glib0 libsdl-image1.2-dev libsdl1.2-dev libslang2-dev libtiff4-dev libtiffxx0c2 libts-dev
  libwebp-dev libx11-dev libx11-doc libxau-dev libxcb1-dev libxcursor-dev libxdmcp-dev libxext-dev libxfixes-dev
  libxpm-dev libxrender-dev libxxf86vm-dev mesa-common-dev x11proto-core-dev x11proto-fixes-dev x11proto-input-dev
  x11proto-kb-dev x11proto-render-dev x11proto-xext-dev x11proto-xf86vidmode-dev xorg-sgml-doctools xtrans-dev
Suggested packages:
  libglib2.0-doc libxcb-doc libxext-doc
The following NEW packages will be installed:
  liballegro4.2-dev liballegro4.4 liballegro4.4-plugin-alsa libavahi-client-dev libavahi-common-dev libcaca-dev
  libdbus-1-dev libdirectfb-dev libdirectfb-extra libelfg0 libgl1-mesa-dev libglib2.0-bin libglib2.0-dev
  libglu1-mesa-dev libguichan-0.8.1-1 libguichan-allegro-0.8.1-1 libguichan-dev libguichan-opengl-0.8.1-1
  libguichan-sdl-0.8.1-1 libjbig-dev libjpeg8-dev libjpgalleg4.4 libpcre3-dev libpcrecpp0 libpthread-stubs0
  libpthread-stubs0-dev libpulse-dev libpulse-mainloop-glib0 libsdl-image1.2-dev libsdl1.2-dev libslang2-dev
  libtiff4-dev libtiffxx0c2 libts-dev libwebp-dev libx11-dev libx11-doc libxau-dev libxcb1-dev libxcursor-dev
  libxdmcp-dev libxext-dev libxfixes-dev libxpm-dev libxrender-dev libxxf86vm-dev mesa-common-dev x11proto-core-dev
  x11proto-fixes-dev x11proto-input-dev x11proto-kb-dev x11proto-render-dev x11proto-xext-dev x11proto-xf86vidmode-dev
  xorg-sgml-doctools xtrans-dev
Ok, got the sources from:

http://code.google.com/p/guichan/

However, it seems the Pandora GUI still depends on SDL_image, SDL_ttf...
Any chance to have a GUI-less version without these dependencies? Passing a configuration file should be enough without a GUI.

exobuzz

Sun May 31, 2015 1:07 pm

the dependencies use an additional 40MB of diskspace (if installed with --no-install-recommends) - hardly "huge" :). The dev packages can be removed afterwards if needed.

Vanfanel

Sun May 31, 2015 1:11 pm

exobuzz wrote:the dependencies use an additional 40MB of diskspace (if installed with --no-install-recommends) - hardly "huge" :). The dev packages can be removed afterwards if needed.
40MB of libraries is *huge* in my scale, sorry :lol:

exobuzz

Sun May 31, 2015 1:16 pm

You want to compile an emulator, but don't want 40mb of libraries - sounds like you are making your own obstacles, but carry on. Better be careful with your scummvm sources! :)

Vanfanel

Sun May 31, 2015 1:45 pm

exobuzz wrote:You want to compile an emulator, but don't want 40mb of libraries - sounds like you are making your own obstacles, but carry on. Better be careful with your scummvm sources! :)
hahaha! Well played, sir. But as you may know, my scummvm binaries are always minimized by disabling unneeded features and dependencies.

@chips: got your sources to build on Pi1, but the GUI hangs on me. Are you using some special fixed guichan? The one I got from sourceforge doesn't seem to have been updated since 2009...

EDIT: got it to work by disabling GUI-on-start. Anyway, a --disable-guichan configure option would be great, please.

AmigaGamer

Sun May 31, 2015 3:49 pm

Vanfanel wrote: @chips: got your sources to build on Pi1, but the GUI hangs on me. Are you using some special fixed guichan? The one I got from sourceforge doesn't seem to have been updated since 2009...

EDIT: got it to work by disabling GUI-on-start. Anyway, a --disable-guichan configure option would be great, please.
Heres a link to the guichan sources used by lubomyr who designed the menu on android https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/477 ... 014.tar.gz

The old Gp2x menu is still in the codebase, which doesnt rely on guichan - its quite outdated though and doesnt include a lot of the menu features.
in the makefile comment out GUICHAN_GUI=1 , uncomment #TEXT_GUI=1
thers a few small changes youll have to make to gp2x/menu/menu_config.cpp and menu.cpp if i remember to get it to compile.
Im sure i sent you a patch with the old menu enabled , way back when I was trying to get the dispmanx stuff working??

If your on RPI2 give uae4arm a try, the menus a lot cleaner and works properly with standard guichan source

pawelkrak

Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:24 am

Hi.

Im seeking solutions. I have KEYRAHV2 and Amiga 1200 keyboard, I would like to LEDs on the keyboard could be used as a WinUAE as CAPS LOCK POWER NUMLOCK as DF0. I do not see this option in UAE4ALL2. Can i please a solution?

rSl

Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:48 pm

hi pawelkrak

i dont think controlling external status led's is
supported in this version of uae.

cihusss

Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:21 pm

Hi there. First of all thanks so much for uae4all2. Great effort! I have a little bit of a joystick problem. I have two usb Pacman joysticks from back in the day that don't seem to map correctly in uae4all2. They work flawlessly in uae4all1 though. Is there a way to somehow use joystick mappings from uae4all1 and re-compile?

rpi64

Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:41 pm

Great emulator, and works perfectly in ECS NTSC mode on my overclocked Rpi2!
Any chance that we could get USB MIDI working on this thing? :D :D :D

rSl

Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:09 pm

rpi64 wrote:Great emulator, and works perfectly in ECS NTSC mode on my overclocked Rpi2!
Any chance that we could get USB MIDI working on this thing? :D :D :D

hi rpi64,

nice it's working fine for you.
chips' version (see my first post in this thread for link)
should work even faster with native dispmanx acceleration!

regarding midi, i don't know really as i only did some
builds and not the development of this fine software.

you should also look up chips' "uae4arm" rpi build in this
forum, as it is a newer version sporting just in time
(aka. jit) cpu acceleration and more active development.

cheers!
:)

fabfaby

Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:09 pm

Hello together,
did anyone make the competition pros (via GPIO) work?
For me it seems as if the movement works, but not the button(s)...
I'd like to connect 4 or 5 (old) competition pros via gpio to be able to play dynablaster with 5 players (preferrably while mouse and keyboard is connected and working at the same time)...
Does anyone have a clue how to do this?
Thanks for your help.

HoraceAndTheSpider

Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:02 pm

Hi everyone.

is it possible... (even by manually editing config file) to make a custom input config which maps to CD32 controls? These dont appear on the drop-down of options, but such a setup would work really nicely for a lot of games, especially where they were mouse-driven (or had keyboard presses) but now have CD32 controls added by WHDLoad slaves.

i'm thinking manual entires for these:

customControls=1
custom_dpad=0
custom_up=0
custom_down=0
custom_left=0
custom_right=0
custom_A=0
custom_B=0
custom_X=0
custom_Y=0
custom_L=0
custom_R=0
for any help!

asapreta

Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:58 am

Trixster wrote:To get the Chips version of uae4all2 to work, assuiming you are user "pi" and are using Retropie 3.0, do the following:

Download version 0_5 from Chips' website and use something like WinSCP to easily copy it into /opt/retropie/emulators/uae4all/

Use ssh or the rpi console to navigate to the /opt/retropie/emulators foloder. untar the archive using the command: sudo tar xvjf uae4all2-rpi-chips-0_5.bz2

This will creat a uae4all2-rpi folder in your retropie uae4all emulator folder.

In ssh or in the console navigate to /home/pi/RetroPie/roms/amiga

type sudo nano +Start UAE4ALL.sh

overwrite the contents of this file with:

#!/bin/bash
pushd "/opt/retropie/emulators/uae4all/uae4all2-rpi"
/opt/retropie/supplementary/runcommand/runcommand.sh 0 ./uae4all-rpi2 "uae4all"
popd

Save and exit.

Reboot Retropie. Enter the Retropie menu. Use your joystick/joypad to select "Enable/Disable Dispmanx SDL Driver for SDL1.X Emulators". A config screen will appear.

Scroll down and select "Disable for uae4all". Hit cancel.

Now selecting Uae4all from the Amiga emulator menu should boot the Chips version of Uae4all2.
Thanks for the tips man.
But I can't launch it from the ES.
It tries to load but returns to the ES menu.
I'm running RetroPie 3.3.1 and was able to launch the uae4all2-rpi1 (I have a Rpi1B+) manually and for the first time I had full screen (the original one from RetroPie gives me the "half height" issue.

I saw how is the launcher (+Start UAE4ALL.sh) for the original UAE4ALL and made the corrections below but I got the same issue, it returns to ES menu.

In Retropie 3.3.1, +Start UAE4ALL.sh is like this:

#!/bin/bash
pushd "/opt/retropie/emulators/uae4all"
./uae4all-rpi2
popd
So for the new UAE4ALL2-RPI made this changes:

#!/bin/bash
pushd "/opt/retropie/emulators/uae4all/uae4all2-rpi"
./uae4all-rpi1
popd
With no luck.

I also renamed the original uae4all and moved the uae4all-rpi1 renaming it to uae4all and the problem persists.

What is wrong, as I can run it manually?

Thanks in advance.

rSl

Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:35 pm

HoraceAndTheSpider wrote: is it possible...
hi,
custom controls are broken in uae4all2, so don't
expect them to work, sorry.
maybe uae4arm ported by chips, which can be found here
on the forum, has fixed that, but i think it's
still broken there too on the rpi.
in general it's advised to use uae4arm, as this is the
successor of uae4all2 and under active development.

cheers!

rSl

Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:55 pm

@asapreta
hi,
sorry can't help you with this problem, as i currently use
chip's uae4arm in standalone mode.

it seems you are using chip's uae4all2 port, so
for help on this it would be better to use the url in my
first post to go to the right topic.

please also consider to switch to chip's uae4arm, as this
is the newer version, with jit compiler etc., that gives
a great speedboost. :)

good luck and all the best!

asapreta

Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:35 pm

rSl wrote:@asapreta
hi,
sorry can't help you with this problem, as i currently use
chip's uae4arm in standalone mode.

it seems you are using chip's uae4all2 port, so
for help on this it would be better to use the url in my
first post to go to the right topic.

please also consider to switch to chip's uae4arm, as this
is the newer version, with jit compiler etc., that gives
a great speedboost. :)

good luck and all the best!
Thanks for the tip. I've done so.
But, if I'm not wrong, I'm having issues when selecting other processors but 68000 at different speeds.

Will double check and post any info.

Return to “Gaming”