exobuzz

Re: uae4all2 (Amiga emulator)

Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:36 pm

I'm up and running.

in fbcon mode the gui worked, and launched the adf fine.

i can confirm a black screen in dispmanx mode - I will look into that further. thanks

AmigaGamer

Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:46 pm

probably a different build as well.

Im building straight from https://github.com/lubomyr/uae4all2 , currently using Makefile.BananaPI for the neon /armv7 optimisations on PI 2.

its been working beautifully when forced to use vanfanels library for the last few days. (linking this manually with LD_LIBRARY_PATH - its never been "installed").

Ive installed your SDL and SDLdev over the top of the default raspberry ones (and recompiled uae4all2 against it), possibly some remains of the old SDL somewhere ill have a look.

Sorry should have posted this stuff/been clearer in my original post .. been a long day at work , brain is at half speed

exobuzz

Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:50 pm

I'm building from a fork from that repository - https://github.com/joolswills/uae4all2

Not too much different yet, but I will be looking at adding commandline parameters. Currently I just replaced the bananapi and RPI makefiles with a single makefile with some additional logic in it, just to de-duplicate a bit :)

I have a suspicion on how to fix the black screen with dispmanx, firstly by a modification to uae4all2, but later I hopefully will be able to do a workaround in my sdl dispmanx (the one I based my code of may already have this and I removed it ;-) ) or its a new bug I introduced.

exobuzz

Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:07 am

ok. I have a fix. Ill update my sdl packages shortly.

exobuzz

Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:09 am

Just a note here for others that it is working now (info on the sdl thread). thanks for the help testing.

exobuzz

Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:23 am

I have now included this emulator with retropie. Thanks for everyone for their work on this.

AmigaGamer

Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:01 am

every cool youve integrated this with retropie.
Its been a long time since ive used it in all honesty ( i tend to compile stuff myself) but i see the projects come on leaps and bounds in general since the initial 2.0 release

was going to suggest moving the "menu" key off control, but i see youve already done it.!

Personally i usually move it to F11 or F12 on my mini keyboard (matches my winuae setup)
if(keystate[SDLK_F11])
goMenu();

Never thought about mapping it to 2 simultaneous keys for control pad access!

Was also looking for any code relating to booting from command line this morning. Only thing i could find of interest was the menu launcher in gui.cpp gui_init , which should skip the menu screen if theres a disk in.

Code: Select all

if (!uae4all_image_file0[0])
			run_mainMenuGuichan();
Dont see anything for command line parameters that would allow ./uae4all game.adf
To be honest though my whole interest in uae4all2 was to image my real amiga hard disk/CFlash as a HDF - which has been working really nicely booting into tinylauncher/whdload... i cant wait for floppies these days :geek:

Higgy

Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:29 pm

+1 @AmigaGamer
If you can get an emulator running on a RPi you should be able to get a Tinylauncher/WHDLoad setup created/running. Quite easy to build using WinUAE first. Much nicer having a setup like that than individual ADF's.

Tinylauncher is very nice and minimalistic. I keep meaning to do a dual boot with this and WHDLoad on my A1200. I remember getting my games onto Tinylauncher being a bit tricky, but I did do it before some other project jumped in!! :lol:

Keep up the good work guys.

AmigaGamer

Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:55 pm

@Higgy

Tinylauncher was easy enough.. the tough bit for me a few years ago was getting used to all the changes in software/community since 1996! (when my 1200 with 8mb fastram and 80meg harddisk got moved to the attic)

In mid 2012 i had a "nostalgia kick" and hooked it up again. Only thing broken was the old hard disk so with a bit of research i got a CF/IDE adapter and a 4gb card from the friendly folks at amigakit

I setup a nice modern ClassicWB on winuae, Changed the "Assign" paths to DH0 (since uae4all2 doesnt support multiple hdfs) and set things up how i wanted them. Imaged the HDF back to the pc from the CF card and i now use the same image on my Windows pc, real amiga , android tablet and raspberry pi.

Since the amigas developed a rather fishy smell lately (aka electrolytic caps plague- really need to get those changed!) its nice to have my entire amiga OS hooked up to my TV through the PI

rSl

Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:50 am

wOw awesome progress here!!!
thanks exobuzz for including it into retropie!
= lotz of new amigalove! :)

the new sdl sounds verry nice too!
also huge thanks to amigagamer for testing and caring!

Vanfanel

Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:50 am

@Amigamer: did I read you have a version with Chip's dispmanx code included that partiallly works? Could you please upload that to github so I can have a look and try to fix it?
Chip's solution is FAR FAR FAR better than my hacky SDL solution, as it doesn't block on vsync (mine does, wasting a precious, huge amount CPU time on each frame) and we will see dramatic speed increases this way! We MUST make it running with chip's code one way or another! :)

EDIT: what happens is probably that you don't free what dispmanx calls "resources" when you recalculate scaling rects, when switching between game and menu. If you do, it probably won't hang.

AmigaGamer

Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:23 am

Yes I had an older version booting straight into emulation with dispmanx (providing a valid config was already present). this worked for me as I just boot same settings into a hdf. Switchimg back to menu always crashed the system though.

all I really did was compare uae4all2 sdlgfx.cpp to chips raspgfx.cpp, lock resolutions to 640x256 in source code and configs and disabled the menus loading at startup.

I'm away for weekend but ill try to find it tomorrow pm when home. Sorry for bad post I'm typing on phone

Higgy

Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:08 pm

Just got my RPI 2 fired up for the first time. Loaded up RetroPie and got UAE4ALL2 going

What can I say - Sensible soccer on my RPI with a USB competition Pro. Good times ;)

Need to transfer my HDF from actual AMIGA or my OUYA now for some WHDLoad action :P

todward

Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:58 am

Hello folks

First i want to say thank you. It is awesome to have back the amiga feeling.
But i have a question. I've search on many pages but i can't find the answer.
It is possible to start uae4all2 without the config screen directly in to the workbench?
I have changed the default config so that i only must click on reset to start it.
But i want to start the workbench automaticlly.
Is there a way or not?

Thanks

todward

spatieman

Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:40 am

question: we have the emu working on a Rpi2 ,works nice.
But....
we also copied kick13.rom kick20.rom and kick31.rom to its location.
file right are ok, but emu cant find the roms,, any sugestions?

rSl

Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:45 pm

@ todward
hi,
sorry, no commandline mode available currently, only
starting into gui first.
i think exobuzz will have a look at this for the retropie
version (to be able to start disks from emulationstation).
so there is hope for getting this feature some time. :)

@ spatieman
hi,
if they are in the kickstarts folder they should be found.
maybe try some other versions. the 500kb ones are working fine here.
good luck! :)

AmigaGamer

Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:26 pm

rSl wrote:@ todward
hi,
sorry, no commandline mode available currently, only
starting into gui first.
FYI Chips added command line support in on March 6th to his dispmanx build

exobuzz

Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:31 pm

There are no patchsets though unfortunately, and no centralised dev - this really needs sorting.

I diffed his code against the upstream release, and it is possible to get some patchsets this way, but if he could submit a pull request against the android uae4all2 github repository, with the new functionality, it would be the best course of action imho.

Mark36

Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:31 pm

Are there any examples using the command line. ?

I managed to list commands with v0.4 and I tried ./uae4all Toki.adf but just gives me the gui.

smartroad

Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:51 am

I am having issues with running this. I have tried with the Amiga script but it just drops back to the command line with no errors. However if I run the uae4all-rpi2 I get the GUI, can launch games but they are only small windows in the middle of my screen.

I followed the readme to the letter (although comments like 'dependend on your current raspbian setup there is good chance you need to install some more packages.' okay, what other packages? No offence intended ;) )

Is there something I missed?

nbk7

Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:20 am

are you using retropie? the latest retropie 2.6.0 uses dismanx as default for uae4all. So when you start you d only have to press x immediately before the GUI starts. There you could choose the correct resolution.

smartroad

Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:15 pm

nbk7 wrote:are you using retropie? the latest retropie 2.6.0 uses dismanx as default for uae4all. So when you start you d only have to press x immediately before the GUI starts. There you could choose the correct resolution.
No, i am just using the RPi2 with Raspbian. Didn't want to use RetroPi as I also wanted to use the device for work demos as well for my students :D

rSl

Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:16 pm

hi smartroad,

first thanks for rtfm! :)
sorry for not precisely defining all the possibly needed
packages, but as this is a tarball release, there is
no automatic dependancy handling so you never know
whats maybe missing on the target machine. ;)

so hmmm... no error message?
does it launch in fullscreen when you run

LD_LIBRARY_PATH="./lib" ./uae4all-rpi2

from inside the uae4all directory?

rSl

Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:33 pm

Mark36 wrote:Are there any examples using the command line. ?

I managed to list commands with v0.4 and I tried ./uae4all Toki.adf but just gives me the gui.
hi Mark36,
i think you used chips uae4all version.
he has a thread running on this gaming forum so maybe he
can help you asking there.

rSl

Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:45 pm

AmigaGamer wrote: FYI Chips added command line support in on March 6th to his dispmanx build
thanks for pointing this out.
i had a quick diff and it looks like chips is using
the gp2x gui and not the guichan one.
i own a gp2x handheld and loved that gui, but i think the
newer settings like blitter-selection etc. are only
integrated into the guichan gui.

btw. with exobuzz's new sdl even the nasty "mouse creates
ugly black-blocks-trail in gui" issue is gone, nice! :)

Return to “Gaming”