SuperTaranta
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:19 am

[Noobie] Help Compiling TeeWorld

Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:15 pm

Iv searched around and even on google, however I am just starting out and would like some help. As im not sure about the libraries I need to import, or if im going about it the wrong way. If following https://www.teeworlds.com/?page=docs&wi ... Everything and i tried importing the libraries via

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install alsa ect...
But that didn't really work, then i reread it and it stated i needed the header files so i tried

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install alsa.h glu.h ect..
But once again that went no where, I'm kind of a noob when it comes to this, and I would really like to try to compile this for the Pi. If anyone could steer me in the right direction, it would be great.

Thanks.

Cloudcentric
Posts: 982
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:13 am

Re: [Noobie] Help Compiling TeeWorld

Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:50 pm

What file did you download ? teeworlds-0.6.1-linux_x86.tar.gz ?

If so you will notice x86 in the name, which means it is compiled for x86 architecture, the Pi uses ARMv6 Architecture.


I believe you need to download the source and compile for the ARMv6 architecture................


It is best to find out what device you have before trying to baulk, I presume Raspbian "wheezy" !

http://hexample.com/2012/01/02/raspberr ... ical-specs

It appears to be written in C++
I know everything about nothing"

User avatar
HonkeyKong
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:25 pm
Location: Kansas, USA
Contact: Website

Re: [Noobie] Help Compiling TeeWorld

Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:20 pm

For the ALSA development headers, you would run:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install libasound2-dev
That should also install the standard ALSA libraries if they aren't already installed. The easiest way to find the package names is to just Google them, using a query such as "debian alsa dev" or similar.

SuperTaranta
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:19 am

Re: [Noobie] Help Compiling TeeWorld

Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:01 pm

HonkeyKong wrote:For the ALSA development headers, you would run:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install libasound2-dev
That should also install the standard ALSA libraries if they aren't already installed. The easiest way to find the package names is to just Google them, using a query such as "debian alsa dev" or similar.
Oh awesome :) thanks a bunch.

SuperTaranta
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:19 am

Re: [Noobie] Help Compiling TeeWorld

Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:28 am

Alright so I got it to compile finally. And now when I run it, it give me the error of

Code: Select all

unable to set video mode: OpenGL not available
Out of ideas. Failed to init graphics.
Not sure what I'm missing exactly...

User avatar
HonkeyKong
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:25 pm
Location: Kansas, USA
Contact: Website

Re: [Noobie] Help Compiling TeeWorld

Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:46 am

You're probably seeing that message because the RPi doesn't support OpenGL, but a subset called OpenGL ES 2.0. In order to make it work, you will have to convert the OpenGL code to OpenGL ES. Some information about doing so can be found here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1179 ... ily-ported

SuperTaranta
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:19 am

Re: [Noobie] Help Compiling TeeWorld

Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:50 am

HonkeyKong wrote:You're probably seeing that message because the RPi doesn't support OpenGL, but a subset called OpenGL ES 2.0. In order to make it work, you will have to convert the OpenGL code to OpenGL ES. Some information about doing so can be found here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1179 ... ily-ported
Ah, I have a feeling this is going to be a long night for me :p. I found some more information, but it is made for pandora, but It seems that it has some similarities. http://pandorawiki.org/Porting_to_GLES_from_GL

But I personally think this is way over my head, but I would like to get this compiled and working :)

ghans
Posts: 7881
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:30 pm
Location: Germany

Re: [Noobie] Help Compiling TeeWorld

Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:06 am

Just an idea , try to install software OpenGL :

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libgl1-mesa-dri-experimental
There are multitude of other Mesa- related packages , perhaps
they are useful , too ?!

ghans
• Don't like the board ? Missing features ? Change to the prosilver theme ! You can find it in your settings.
• Don't like to search the forum BEFORE posting 'cos it's useless ? Try googling : yoursearchtermshere site:raspberrypi.org

SuperTaranta
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:19 am

Re: [Noobie] Help Compiling TeeWorld

Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:07 am

ghans wrote:Just an idea , try to install software OpenGL :

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libgl1-mesa-dri-experimental
There are multitude of other Mesa- related packages , perhaps
they are useful , too ?!

ghans
trying now, will post back with what happens :D


Reporting Back:
Didn't change anything, getting the same issue of OpenGL not available.

Return to “Gaming”