imphill

COMMAND AND CONQUER

Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:18 pm

Right, My name is Phill, and am a proud owner of a First Generation RPi, and I have been ITCHING to get it Gaming. Ive done a few good ones recently, but nothing major or mainstream...

SUDDENLY - I really got an urge to play my good old CNC: RA and even the orginal CNC. So i sat down at my desktop machine and start playing...

THEN - I looked at my RPi and it struck me that SURELY there should be a lightwieght CNC or CNC: RedAlert game out there which the might RPi can play? even at 20-25fps would be enough!

I have found this site...http://openra.res0l.net/...but I do not think this is gonna work. Any ideas out there for an old vetern of this brilliant game?

Many thanks to all!

Phill

malakai

Re: COMMAND AND CONQUER

Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:23 pm

That appears to use OpenGL the Pi has no support for that.
http://www.raspians.com - always looking for content feel free to ask to have it posted. Or sign up and message me to become a contributor to the site. Raspians is not affiliated with the Raspberry Pi Foundation. (RPi's + You = Raspians)

felix3008

Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:00 pm

You could try running it in DosBox by making a iso of your CD and mounting it into dosbox.

Toad King

Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:04 pm

malakai wrote:That appears to use OpenGL the Pi has no support for that.
Actually it appears to have a couple different renderers, including one for SDL. Also, depending on how well its abstracted, it should be possible to write an GLES renderer for it.

EDIT: It appears the SDL renderer uses GL for the textures and drawing and just uses SDL for window management I guess, so that's out. Still possible to write a GLES renderer though.

Return to “Gaming”