cazz

Show if someone want to talk to me

Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:56 pm

Hi
I trying to see if that is possible to make so a LED or something else show with a Raspberry if someone want to talk to me on Steam

It have happend sometime now that I watching TV and when I go to the computer I have some call from Steam (Even discord) that I have miss that friends want to play a game.

I have use my mobile to see but I wonder if I can run a raspberry Pi Zero or something to show LED if someone want to talk to me
I was thinking first try with Steam and they have some API but I can't find any good that I can use so I wonder if someone here have done anything like that I want to do?
/Cazz

Douglas6

Re: Show if someone want to talk to me

Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:55 am

You want a notification while you are watching TV to go play video games? Perhaps there is an issue here larger than the Pi can resolve? Get some air.

cazz

Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:55 am

Well after a day hard work is nice to relax and play a game or watch TV.
But I like to play with friends and they are not always online when I'm at the computer so is that why I like to see if I can do something about it.
/Cazz

Andyroo

Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:00 am

They could always ring though they may get engaged if you are on that interweb thingy :lol:

If you have a web page you could look at the Python BeautifulSoup soup module (no joke - that is it’s name) and see if you can scrape anything.
Need Pi spray - these things are breeding in my house...

cazz

Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:39 pm

haha what a funny modul. Have to look a little more at it.
/Cazz

Return to “Gaming”