Gamelk

Problems with PS3 controler on Retropie

Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:58 am

Hello everybody,

I am new to these forums and my English is not very good, but I will try to explain my problem. A month ago I bought a Raspberry Pi 3b + and installed Retropie without any problem.

When I try to install the PS3 controller, it works perfectly on cable, but when I set the Bluetooth, it never connects. I follow the steps indicated by the system itself, but when the system asks me to disconnect the cable, it never connects. :cry:

I have installed the PS3 and PS3 Sixaxis drivers (I have one of each) and none of them work ... I'm a little desperate. Does anyone know what the problem may be?

Thanks in advance

Kalison

Re: Problems with PS3 controler on Retropie

Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:07 am

I've heard sometimes gasia drivers help or running sudo./sixpair using shell connection.

itsmedoofer

Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:38 am

If I read correctly there have recently been fixes to RetroPie to correct this, there was in issue with firmware, try doing an update.

stevce

Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:37 am

Hello,
I've done some searching and reading but have not been able to find a solution that works. Almost all the threads related to this topic are over a year old now and are for older versions of Retropie.

I have two generic clone PS3 controllers I bought off Amazon, I can't tell what they are individually, but the model number says CECHZC2U. I can pair and get one controller working with Bluetooth using the online documentation. However, as soon as I try to connect a second controller, the first one will shut off. The latter will display as player two on the controller. When I put the PS button on the first controller to reconnect it, it pairs but then reveals itself as player two as well and then kicks the second controller off. From that point on, I can never get payer 1 to work on either controller. I have tried reinstalling Retropie, the ps3 driver, using different clone support versions of the driver, etc.

My process:
Fresh Retropie image 4.4
Plug-in first controller
Boot pi
go to Retropie settings, install the PS3 driver
pair controller option in the menu
the Controller vibrates, unplug.
lights all flash then led one stays lit
can control menus
Back out to emulator station
configure controller; everything works fine
plug in the second controller to USB, it starts to vibrate
Unplug the second controller. Four lights blink rapidly.
Four views stop blinking and led two stays lit.
The first controller shuts off.
The second controller works fine in everything.
I tested with the simulator when playing games from Apknite but everything is fine.
Is it me or is this a bug?

Return to “Gaming”