PingSpike

Here's my RetroStation project :)

Sun May 01, 2016 8:36 pm

Hey everyone!

Wasn't sure if I should post this here or in the Cases section?

Anyway, I finished my RetroStation project last night :)

The case started life as a faulty PlayStation 2 that I bought on eBay for £5 quid. I then stripped out everything from inside the PS2 and work began!

I then fitted some blue LED strip inside (which my camera phone shows as purple for some reason). I also mounted a new MicroUSB power socket on the back and a new HDMI socket too, so there are just two cables to plug in, one for power and one for video.

The controls are standard arcade controls and I used an I-PAC2 mounted in the upper section which connects to the Raspberry Pi 3 mounted in the lower section.

So the end result is a very portable MAME arcade machine :)

I've detailed the build, along with loads of photos along the way, on my blog (are we allowed to post links here? Mods, please remove if not). I've also broken the build down in to sections as it's quite photo-heavy:
Hope you like it :mrgreen:

Any comments, suggestions for improvements, questions, etc, just let me know :?:

I must also say a HUGE thank you to everyone that has worked on RetroPie, without your work, doing stuff like this and allowing me to relive my childhood games just wouldn't be possible :geek:

Ryno4

Re: Here's my RetroStation project :)

Tue May 03, 2016 12:25 pm

Well done. Looks awesome!

TonyD

Tue May 03, 2016 12:30 pm

I like it :-)

Any pictures of its insides?

thanks for sharing.
Tony

PingSpike

Tue May 03, 2016 1:10 pm

Thanks for the feedback :D

@TonyD Yup, I went a bit mad on the photos during the build, click any one of the links in the first post there to see all manner of outside/inside/upsidedown pics :lol:

Return to “Gaming”