Zalamel

Eternal Lands, a 3D MMORPG that now works on RPi 2 and 3

Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:37 pm

A few hours ago, a developer of Eternal Lands posted on the Raspberry Pi reddit, showing off his efforts to port the game to the Pi.

It's not perfect, as there's still some glitches and it runs at a slow framerate, but with some optimization, this could become the first fully fledged 3D MMORPG to be ported to the Pi!

He said he'll try to improve the Pi port, but only if there's enough interest. So if you want to see it on the Pi working properly, head on over to the RPi subreddit thread and give some encouragement!
(or just post some here, as I'll be posting this thread over there as well)

https://www.reddit.com/r/raspberry_pi/c ... _on_rpi_2/

Link to Eternal Lands website

-------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Zalamel on Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Radu79

Re: Eternal Lands, a 3D MMORPG that now works on RPi 2 and 3

Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:43 pm

Thanks, I posted here at the same time (well, a bit after) the Reddit post, but it wasn't approved until now :)

Forrrge

Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:26 pm

Would be nice to see a blog post up about this, with a few screenies, that would certainly get the interest going. I have no idea of the project but would something like this have the ability to have others contribute to quests etc.

Radu79

Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:51 pm

Our client is open source, and everyone can contribute to it.
I am especially looking for someone who is good at GLES, I would love to have a GLES version, so that it can be run on other Linux and Android devices.
Here is our GIT repository: https://github.com/raduprv/Eternal-Lands

sedeki

Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:17 pm

Absolutely great work - EL is one of my last reasons, why I need to power up my "full" desktop PC sometimes...

So - tried on both RPI2 and RPI3:
needed to install library requested by client (libcal3d12, included in standard Raspbian repos)

Everything works very good - only some optimizing needed to make game fully playable. Both already mentioned - ground flickering and some more FPS will be nice...

MCbookworm

Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:47 pm

I'm having trouble getting the game to work, whenever I try to run it i get this error:

Code: Select all

Fatal error: servers.lst file missing!
I've checked and the servers.lst file is in the 'el' folder. Does anyone have any idea what's wrong?

Return to “Gaming”