User avatar
Jako
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:02 am
Location: My owner's garage

Re: RetroPie Setup - Auto-installer/updater for RetroArch ga

Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:05 am

petrockblog wrote:I just updated the >>RetroPie Setup script<<. Among other things, a Playstation 1 core is now also part of the list of installable emulators. Currently, the following emulators can be installed with the RetroPie setup script:

* Atari 2600
* Doom
* Game Boy Advance
* Game Boy Color
* MAME
* Sega Megadrive
* Nintendo Entertainment System
* Playstation 1
* Super Nintendo Entertainment System

As always: If you have any comments or suggestions, feel free to tell me!
Thanks for the update! Awesome work! ;)
I have a question, if Game Gear and Master System II runs very fine on retroarch with the genesis core, why they are not added on the basic installation?
For some users could be more easy. Also the only thing are insert into the es_system.cfg the same config than MegaDrive but changing the rom folder, the files extension, platform id, and the name of the emulated console of course.

2 new system in a same shot :D .

A last question, I have too many roms and my internet bandwith have a media of 15~Kb/s, to make an idea, get all the snes artwork needs 18 hours. But this is my problem, hard problem, the issue is that i get from es-escrapper all the artbox that i need but... the gamelist.xml never is complete or have some bug at end lines (easy to fix, close the schema of the xml), but many tittles still missing. If i try again, es-escrapper redownload ALL the covers again and rewrite my xml, is fustrating, other 20 hours waiting hahaha. I can regenerate the gamelist.xml with the existing stuff from my folders and not the downloaded ones? All the artwork is downloaded, but the list of every system are tooooooo long to do it manually.

Apologies about my awful english. :|
And thanks again!
Sorry, my english is awful, like me. XD

petrockblog
Posts: 272
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:12 am
Location: Germany
Contact: Website

Re: RetroPie Setup - Auto-installer/updater for RetroArch ga

Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:16 am

if Game Gear and Master System II runs very fine on retroarch with the genesis core, why they are not added on the basic installation?
Now that is a good point! I will add these to the system settings, thanks for that idea!

Regarding the scraper problems with the corrupt XML files I would suggest to post this as an issue on the Github repository at https://github.com/elpendor/ES-scraper.
fun stuff for technics enthusiasts: www.petrockblock.com

petrockblog
Posts: 272
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:12 am
Location: Germany
Contact: Website

Re: RetroPie Setup - Auto-installer/updater for RetroArch ga

Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:21 am

petrockblog wrote:
if Game Gear and Master System II runs very fine on retroarch with the genesis core, why they are not added on the basic installation?
Now that is a good point! I will add these to the system settings, thanks for that idea!
Ok, I just commited an update for the script, which now contains configurations for Game Gear and Master System! Here is the updated list of supported systems:

* Atari 2600
* Doom
* Game Boy Advance
* Game Boy Color
* Game Gear
* MAME
* Sega Master System
* Sega Megadrive
* Nintendo Entertainment System
* Playstation 1
* Super Nintendo Entertainment System

Have fun!
fun stuff for technics enthusiasts: www.petrockblock.com

CodenameV
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:42 am

Re: RetroPie Setup - Auto-installer/updater for RetroArch ga

Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:50 am

Your script is great really saves a lot of time, I start it going overnight the next morning , I have completely compiled binaries :) , I have been testing the pc engine libretro fork which so far works really well its address is https://github.com/libretro/mednafen-psx-libretro.git maybe you could think of adding this to retropie.

Sato
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:56 pm

Re: RetroPie Setup - Auto-installer/updater for RetroArch ga

Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:12 am

CodenameV wrote:Your script is great really saves a lot of time, I start it going overnight the next morning , I have completely compiled binaries :) , I have been testing the pc engine libretro fork which so far works really well its address is https://github.com/libretro/mednafen-psx-libretro.git maybe you could think of adding this to retropie.
Man, I'd love to see PC engine on there!

petrock, is there any way to speed up SNES emulation, even slightly? It runs absolutely flawless on the games I've tried, but the music on SNES games tends to crackle.

User avatar
Jako
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:02 am
Location: My owner's garage

Re: RetroPie Setup - Auto-installer/updater for RetroArch ga

Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:47 am

Sato, Is your raspbian updated to the last week firmware?
If you want speed try that and **don't recompile** retroarch or the cores hahaha. Super Mario Kart runs at double speed, a very insane-funny thing. But this are not the solution to your problem, i have to notice that recompiling all the emulators fixed the few issues of the sound in hdmi (snes before lost the sound on a minute or two of gameplay), with the analog way the problem is forever the same, pain to your ears.

Resuming, make a backup of your sd, and update all the things, you will see the new performance, now, mame runs awesome for example. If i miss something is the Megadrive emulation, a bit slow.

Theme apart, i saw on youtube many videos of the rasp running retroarch, but nobodie expand the image to full screen, is easy, add something like this to your retroarch.cfg:

video_force_aspect = false

Death to the black borders!!! (I only recommend that for hdmi users, for av the image become to big).
Now, you have a better sound and cuttie view of snes (and for the other platforms). :D

Thanks for the comment CodenameV! I love Pc-Engine! Most of their games are the funniest Pseudo-Arcade thing that i never have seen (well, with permission of the dreamcast 8-) ).

Happy sunday to everyone!
Sorry, my english is awful, like me. XD

Sato
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:56 pm

Re: RetroPie Setup - Auto-installer/updater for RetroArch ga

Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:05 am

Jako wrote:Sato, Is your raspbian updated to the last week firmware?
If you want speed try that and **don't recompile** retroarch or the cores hahaha. Super Mario Kart runs at double speed, a very insane-funny thing. But this are not the solution to your problem, i have to notice that recompiling all the emulators fixed the few issues of the sound in hdmi (snes before lost the sound on a minute or two of gameplay), with the analog way the problem is forever the same, pain to your ears.

Resuming, make a backup of your sd, and update all the things, you will see the new performance, now, mame runs awesome for example. If i miss something is the Megadrive emulation, a bit slow.

Theme apart, i saw on youtube many videos of the rasp running retroarch, but nobodie expand the image to full screen, is easy, add something like this to your retroarch.cfg:

video_force_aspect = false

Death to the black borders!!! (I only recommend that for hdmi users, for av the image become to big).
Now, you have a better sound and cuttie view of snes (and for the other platforms). :D

Thanks for the comment CodenameV! I love Pc-Engine! Most of their games are the funniest Pseudo-Arcade thing that i never have seen (well, with permission of the dreamcast 8-) ).

Happy sunday to everyone!
Well, I only actually installed the RPI firmware for the first time a few days ago, so I'll assume I have the latest debian firmware. I'll try editing the retroarch.cfg to remove borders, that'll definitely make it look a bit nicer :)

As for the sound, I'll try recompiling the SNES emulator and core, to see if it improves. Thanks for the tips.

petrockblog
Posts: 272
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:12 am
Location: Germany
Contact: Website

Re: RetroPie Setup - Auto-installer/updater for RetroArch ga

Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:48 am

you have to manually set the "turbo mode" via

Code: Select all

sudo raspi-config
and then choose "overclock". If an option leads to a non-booting Pi, you can hold the shift key during boot to reset the option.
fun stuff for technics enthusiasts: www.petrockblock.com

Sato
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:56 pm

Re: RetroPie Setup - Auto-installer/updater for RetroArch ga

Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:51 am

petrockblog wrote:you have to manually set the "turbo mode" via

Code: Select all

sudo raspi-config
and then choose "overclock". If an option leads to a non-booting Pi, you can hold the shift key during boot to reset the option.
Thank you. My Pi is just turning on now, so I'll give it a go straight away!

EDIT: A "modest" overclock has fixed all sound problems I had with the SNES. Turbo seemed a bit too risky, but this works just fine for me.

gzz
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:02 pm
Location: Canada

Re: RetroPie Setup - Auto-installer/updater for RetroArch ga

Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:09 pm

For some reason, the new version no mame games will load. nes and snes work.

I get the white dot. ps aux shows that neither emulationstation nor any libretro commands are running.

i run emulationstation > log.txt 2> error.txt shows the following:

log.txt:
Finished parsing theme.
Attempting to launch game...
unloading fonts...done.

error.txt:

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::out_of_range'
what(): basic_string::replace
/usr/bin/emulationstation: line 9: 1956 Aborted ./emulationstation


if i run the command retroarch -L /path/to/libretro.so /path/to/mamerom.zip then mame loads fine.

And the 'secret' to half-descent speed is a) overclocking (ok, obvious), but also b) usb interrupts.

Check your usb interrupts with the command "vmstat 1". I was getting over 10K per second with a bluetooth adapter plugged in, now that Ive changed to a hardwired keyboard, everything is so much faster.

Also as a tech question, are these cores using opengles for video rendering? so this is as fast as its ever going to get (minus someone rewriting the cores in ARM, which would be unlikely imo)

Sato
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:56 pm

Re: RetroPie Setup - Auto-installer/updater for RetroArch ga

Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:23 pm

Jako wrote:Sato, Is your raspbian updated to the last week firmware?
If you want speed try that and **don't recompile** retroarch or the cores hahaha. Super Mario Kart runs at double speed, a very insane-funny thing. But this are not the solution to your problem, i have to notice that recompiling all the emulators fixed the few issues of the sound in hdmi (snes before lost the sound on a minute or two of gameplay), with the analog way the problem is forever the same, pain to your ears.

Resuming, make a backup of your sd, and update all the things, you will see the new performance, now, mame runs awesome for example. If i miss something is the Megadrive emulation, a bit slow.

Theme apart, i saw on youtube many videos of the rasp running retroarch, but nobodie expand the image to full screen, is easy, add something like this to your retroarch.cfg:

video_force_aspect = false

Death to the black borders!!! (I only recommend that for hdmi users, for av the image become to big).
Now, you have a better sound and cuttie view of snes (and for the other platforms). :D

Thanks for the comment CodenameV! I love Pc-Engine! Most of their games are the funniest Pseudo-Arcade thing that i never have seen (well, with permission of the dreamcast 8-) ).

Happy sunday to everyone!
I tried disabling black borders in retroarch.cfg but it didn't work. Oh well. Thanks for the tip anyway.

petrockblog
Posts: 272
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:12 am
Location: Germany
Contact: Website

Re: RetroPie Setup - Auto-installer/updater for RetroArch ga

Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:53 pm

Jako wrote:Thanks for the comment CodenameV! I love Pc-Engine! Most of their games are the funniest Pseudo-Arcade thing that i never have seen (well, with permission of the dreamcast 8-) ).
Ok, I just added the PC Engine core from the Mednafen libretro port! R-Type runs fine :-)
fun stuff for technics enthusiasts: www.petrockblock.com

Sato
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:56 pm

Re: RetroPie Setup - Auto-installer/updater for RetroArch ga

Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:10 pm

petrockblog wrote:
Jako wrote:Thanks for the comment CodenameV! I love Pc-Engine! Most of their games are the funniest Pseudo-Arcade thing that i never have seen (well, with permission of the dreamcast 8-) ).
Ok, I just added the PC Engine core from the Mednafen libretro port! R-Type runs fine :-)
Oh cool :) How can we install it?

petrockblog
Posts: 272
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:12 am
Location: Germany
Contact: Website

Re: RetroPie Setup - Auto-installer/updater for RetroArch ga

Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:40 pm

You can update your RetroPie installation by going into the RetroPie-Setup folder and typing

Code: Select all

git pull
This will download the latest version of the script.
Binaries-based installation:
Run the script with the binaries-based
installation.

Source-based:
run the script, select custom setup and deselect everything except the PC Engine core and the Emulation Station configurations. Then, start the installation.

That should do it.

Alternatively, you could simply delete the RetroPie-Setup folder and follow the installation steps from the repository site.
fun stuff for technics enthusiasts: www.petrockblock.com

Sato
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:56 pm

Re: RetroPie Setup - Auto-installer/updater for RetroArch ga

Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:41 pm

petrockblog wrote:You can update your RetroPie installation by going into the RetroPie-Setup folder and typing

Code: Select all

git pull
This will download the latest version of the script.
Binaries-based installation:
Run the script with the binaries-based
installation.

Source-based:
run the script, select custom setup and deselect everything except the PC Engine core and the Emulation Station configurations. Then, start the installation.

That should do it.

Alternatively, you could simply delete the RetroPie-Setup folder and follow the installation steps from the repository site.
Thanks. Doing it now :)

petrockblog
Posts: 272
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:12 am
Location: Germany
Contact: Website

Re: RetroPie Setup - Auto-installer/updater for RetroArch ga

Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:51 pm

Sato wrote: Although I do have one question, does the GameBoy colour core play regualr Game Boy games? I tried to play Pokemon Blue but it wouldn't launch.

Also, I can't seem to get GBA working. Not sure what's wrong there.
Hmm, I have opened an issue at the repository for that at https://github.com/petrockblog/RetroPie-Setup/issues/48. I am not sure what this is right now. When I added these core some weeks ago I tested it, for example, with Tetris. Now, it just does not start. I have to look into that in a few days. Maybe someone else posts a solution for that before me ;-)
fun stuff for technics enthusiasts: www.petrockblock.com

User avatar
Aloshi
Posts: 359
Joined: Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:42 pm
Contact: Website

Re: RetroPie Setup - Auto-installer/updater for RetroArch ga

Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:51 pm

gzz wrote:i run emulationstation > log.txt 2> error.txt shows the following:

log.txt:
Finished parsing theme.
Attempting to launch game...
unloading fonts...done.

error.txt:

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::out_of_range'
what(): basic_string::replace
/usr/bin/emulationstation: line 9: 1956 Aborted ./emulationstation
ES dude here, thanks for the error report! If I had to guess, is the launch command in es_systems.cfg missing "%ROM%" in it somewhere? Should be a really simple fix, I'll try and do it this afternoon.

EDIT: Yeah, it looks like the RetroPie config for MAME is missing a percent. I opened an issue on the GitHub page. You can fix it yourself by adding changing the MAME launch command in ~/.emulationstation/es_systems.cfg to something like:

Code: Select all

COMMAND=retroarch -L $rootdir/emulatorcores/imame4all-libretro/libretro.so %ROM%
(not sure what $rootdir is, probably ~/RetroPie/ or something?)

gzz
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:02 pm
Location: Canada

Re: RetroPie Setup - Auto-installer/updater for RetroArch ga

Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:21 pm

Yep, there was a missing %, and fixed it. :)

And I saw on the wiki that people wanted to start emulationstation at startup, all Ive done is add to .bashrc

EMU='emulationstation'

if ps ax | grep -v grep | grep $EMU > /dev/null
then
echo "already running"
else
echo "starting up emulationstation"
/home/pi/RetroPie/EmulationStation/emulationstation
fi

and in /etc/inittab

replace
1:2345:respawn:/sbin/getty --noclear 38400 tty1
with
c1:2345:respawn:/sbin/agetty -a pi -8 -s 38400 tty1 linux


this will make pi auto login on tty1, and start emulationstation via the .bashrc (of course now everytime pi logs in it will try to run emulationstation if not already running). Might be easier to add a new user and use that user if need be.

Probably better and easier ways, but this way works. :)

Thanks for all the people that have made this possible.

petrockblog
Posts: 272
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:12 am
Location: Germany
Contact: Website

Re: RetroPie Setup - Auto-installer/updater for RetroArch ga

Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:47 pm

Aloshi wrote:
EDIT: Yeah, it looks like the RetroPie config for MAME is missing a percent. I opened an issue on the GitHub page. You can fix it yourself by adding changing the MAME launch command in ~/.emulationstation/es_systems.cfg to something like:

Code: Select all

COMMAND=retroarch -L $rootdir/emulatorcores/imame4all-libretro/libretro.so %ROM%
(not sure what $rootdir is, probably ~/RetroPie/ or something?)
Sorry for this missing character! I updated the script in the repository just this minute.
Yes, $rootdir is ~/RetroPie (per default).
fun stuff for technics enthusiasts: www.petrockblock.com

petrockblog
Posts: 272
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:12 am
Location: Germany
Contact: Website

Re: RetroPie Setup - Auto-installer/updater for RetroArch ga

Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:56 pm

gzz wrote: And I saw on the wiki that people wanted to start emulationstation at startup, all Ive done is add to .bashrc

EMU='emulationstation'

if ps ax | grep -v grep | grep $EMU > /dev/null
then
echo "already running"
else
echo "starting up emulationstation"
/home/pi/RetroPie/EmulationStation/emulationstation
fi

and in /etc/inittab

replace
1:2345:respawn:/sbin/getty --noclear 38400 tty1
with
c1:2345:respawn:/sbin/agetty -a pi -8 -s 38400 tty1 linux


this will make pi auto login on tty1, and start emulationstation via the .bashrc (of course now everytime pi logs in it will try to run emulationstation if not already running). Might be easier to add a new user and use that user if need be.

Probably better and easier ways, but this way works. :)

Thanks for all the people that have made this possible.
Thanks a lot for your solution to the auto-start problem!
Nearly the same things are done when you select "Start Emulation Sation on boot" in the setup menu of the script (see https://github.com/petrockblog/RetroPie ... up.sh#L716). Instead of .bashrc, however, /etc/profile is used. This changes the boot behavior for all users, which might not be an optimal approach (by thinking about this now). What do you think?
fun stuff for technics enthusiasts: www.petrockblock.com

gzz
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:02 pm
Location: Canada

Re: RetroPie Setup - Auto-installer/updater for RetroArch ga

Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:13 pm

whoops, didnt even realize you had it in your script, thats awesome (i just usually cherry pick the script and do it all the steps myself. lol)

I think people who want it set up this way wouldnt care, as long as it works, thats all that matters. :)

gzz
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:02 pm
Location: Canada

Re: RetroPie Setup - Auto-installer/updater for RetroArch ga

Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:59 pm

Just compiled the fba .26 cores, and well, cps2 plays, but not 100%. This was done on hdmi though, on crt it might be faster. I also only run at 900 mhz, so 1 ghz + crt (less scaling?) might be more playable. Will try on a crt later.

Interesting that cps1 games are actually slower than cps2. Not sure why. (imame4all might be faster here?)

Havent compiled neogeo.

.27 doesnt compile for me at all, I get compiler errors, even tried multiple gcc versions.

Pendor
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:21 am

Re: RetroPie Setup - Auto-installer/updater for RetroArch ga

Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:10 pm

Jako wrote:A last question, I have too many roms and my internet bandwith have a media of 15~Kb/s, to make an idea, get all the snes artwork needs 18 hours. But this is my problem, hard problem, the issue is that i get from es-escrapper all the artbox that i need but... the gamelist.xml never is complete or have some bug at end lines (easy to fix, close the schema of the xml), but many tittles still missing.
Hi, I wrote the scraper. Could you post a list of the filenames being scanned and the incorrect xml output?
Jako wrote:but many titles still missing.
Are those files properly named? Did you try CRC scraping?
Jako wrote:If i try again, es-escrapper redownload ALL the covers again and rewrite my xml, is fustrating, other 20 hours waiting hahaha. I can regenerate the gamelist.xml with the existing stuff from my folders and not the downloaded ones? All the artwork is downloaded, but the list of every system are tooooooo long to do it manually.
Seems to me like you're forcing the script to re-scrape.

Just run it with no extra parameters, it'll skip everything that's already on the gamelist file and check the rest.

petrockblog
Posts: 272
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:12 am
Location: Germany
Contact: Website

Re: RetroPie Setup - Auto-installer/updater for RetroArch ga

Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:52 pm

I just added the possibility to install a Sinclair ZX Spectrum emulator with the >>RetroPie setup script<< with the source-based installation option.

The GUI is started with the command

Code: Select all

fuse
and the main menu can be opened with F1.

However, I did not spend too much time to dig into the command line parameters of fuse, though. It would be great, if someone could post the command line for starting a tape directly from command line in full-screen here.
fun stuff for technics enthusiasts: www.petrockblock.com

User avatar
Jako
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:02 am
Location: My owner's garage

Re: RetroPie Setup - Auto-installer/updater for RetroArch ga

Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:52 pm

Hi Pendor! congrats for the scrapper, is really really usefull.

From yesterday i cheked every gamelist.xml, i find the problem diferent that ago a month (a update between?), sorry but i didn't saved any xml with garbadge at the finish, i prefered to fix them and enjoy the few artwork saved in the list.

But if example, now i only find a incomplete last line, something like this: (i cut at the half to don't make it too much longer to show...)

Code: Select all

<gameList>
  <game>
    <path>/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/gb/Spot # GB.GB</path>
    <name>Spot: The Video Game</name>
    <desc>Spot: The Video Game is a Puzzle game, developed by Software Creations and published by Virgin Interactive, which was released in 1991.</desc>
    <image>/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/gb/Spot # GB.jpg</image>
    <releasedate />
    <publisher />
    <developer>Software Creations</developer>
    <genres>
      <genre>General</genre>
      <genre>Miscellaneous</genre>
      <genre>Puzzle</genre>
    </genres>
  </game>
  <game>
    <path>/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/gb/Lamborghini American Challenge # GB.GB</path>
    <name>Lamborghini American Challenge</name>
    <desc>Lamborghini American Challenge is a Racing game, developed and published by Titus Software, which was released in 1994.</desc>
    <image>/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/gb/Lamborghini American Challenge # GB.jpg</image>
    <releasedate />
    <publisher />
    <developer>Titus Software</developer>
    <genres>
      <genre>Driving</genre>
      <genre>Racing</genre>
      <genre>Arcade</genre>
    </genres>
  </game>


###... about 30 more roms listed right... 
  

<game>
    <path>/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/gb/Favoritos/I-M/Motocross Maniacs.GB</path>
    <name>Motocross Maniacs</name>
    <desc>This is pure insanity. And to take the checkered flag, you'll need sheer intensity to throttle past hundreds of obstacles, including the Head Spinning Loop and the Sky Riding Ramp. You'll also need precision skills to refuel with Nitro Turbo Boosts that'll power you to victory! There are 8 championship tracks and 3 ultra-challenging levels (Rookie, World Class and Daredevil) to choose from. You can even race against the clock or computer. Or attach your Video Link and spit some mud in the face of a friend. So get down and dirty in an off-road rad race where speed and courage are the difference between popping wheelies and biting the dust.</desc>
    <image>/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/gb/Favoritos/I-M/Motocross Maniacs.jpg</image>
    <releasedate />
    <publisher />
    <developer>Konami</developer>
    <genres>
      <genre>Driving</genre>
      <genre>Racing</genre>
      <genre>Motorcycle</genre>
      <genre>Motocross</genre>
    </genres>
  </game>
  <game>
    <path>/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/gb/Favoritos/I-M/klustar.GB</path>
    <name>Klustar</name>
    <desc>Klustar is a Puzzle game, developed by Rebellion and published by Infogrames, which was released in 1999.</desc>
    <image>/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/gb/Favoritos/I-M/klustar.jpg</image>
    <releasedate />
    <publisher />
    <developer>Rebellion</developer>
    <genres>
      <genre>General</genre>
      <genre>Miscellaneous</genre>
      <genre>Puzzle</genre>
    </genres>
  </game>
  <game>
    <path>/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/gb/Favoritos/S-Z/TETRISDX.GB</path>
    <name>Tetris DX</name>
    <desc>Puzzle fans rejoice! The all-time puzzle favorite has returned! Tetris DX has everything you need to satisfy your puzzle appetite. Play MARATHON, the classic Tetris game. Try your hand at ULTRA or 40 LINES, two Tetris games with a twist. The VS. game will have you playing for hours!
 It that's not enough, Tetris DX is fully compatible with the new Game Boy&reg; Color system! With the Game Link&reg; cable, you can exchange saved information from one system to another! That's right, battery-backed memory saves up to three game files. Now your high scores will live on forever!</desc>
    <image>/home/pi/RetroPie/roms/gb/Favoritos/S-Z/TETRISDX.jpg</image>
    <releasedate />
    <publisher />
    <developer>Nintendo</developer>
    <genres>
      <genre>Stacking</genre>
      <genre>Miscellaneous</genre>
      <genre>Puzzle</genre>
    </genres>
  </game>
  <game>

Obviously, the problem (i think) is that some rom name character make es-scrapper exit, yes, it exits, don't follow with the next system listed on es_system.cfg. I never downloaded all the system in a row, my better results is one by one. The ironic is that i have most of the needed homework (excepting mame, i will ask something later).
---Near Full artbox of that systems:
-Game Boy Advance (Full)
-Master System 2 (Full)
-Nes (Full 95% accuracy of the full romser, awesome!)
-Snes (Matching names in 70%, the rest change names and artbox, I have U.N. Squadron 20 times listed)

---Systems with few available/found artbox:
-Atari 2600 (4/100)
-Game Boy(40/200)
-Game Boy Color(0/~200, but all the artwork is downloaded and mostly match)
-Game Gear(3/40)
-Pc-Engine (don't find anything)
-Mame: very few but awesome artwork (20/~200), many jewels to the sight, but i prefer to see the snapshots in mame, in my mame arcade cabinet i have all the snaps, i wish to use them on retroarch, i think that this not have to be too many dificult, and less if the mame roms and the snaps always match on names.



---Learned things watching es-scrapper running:
-It works in order of stored files or folders on the sd card or medium, not alphabetically. (This is why i don't know what kind of roms or names make the problem, i never know what would follows.)
-The first option of es-scrapper (in retropie setup) is supossed that skip the forced search and storing into the list of older roms, but not always work, and anothers makes a check and don't find nothing when a folder is full off roms and pictures, it answers with "no new games added".
-The second the same that the first but force a deep search and rewrite of the gamelist (and download all again).
-The third (for what i know) is a CRC based search from another database, this is form me the worst option, overwrite the existing .xml in some lines and changes many names and pics, with a very low accuracy, is the less used option for me.
-Es-scrapper hates the "#" character, and more i think.

Resuming, what i need is do a recheck of my folders and the existing stuff downloader before.

I found where is the es-scrapper.py (or something like this), but, how to run it in command mode? "sh" don't do nothing and i never executed something with python.

I hope that the info could help you!!!

---Retroarch issue.

From that sunday, when i updated retroarch, i didn't get to run with sound, retroarch returns "violación de segmento" (segment violation in english? hahaaha, sorry, I'm spanish, that explain my gramatical disasters). That remember me the Ms-Dos and Basic times huahuahua. If the sound is disable retroarch runs fine but like "Sato" said... the fullscreen don't works! (or better said, disable the enforce aspect).

If in my retroarch.cfg "audio_enable = false" works, why video_enforce_aspect = false" not?

All the problems came ago yesterday, after the update. All done on analog tv.
The same happened on sunday, but reinstalling the binaries fixed that, recompiling retroarch don't run with sound. I downloaded today the binaries but now i see that the binaries are the same that the compiled emu.

Edit: Checked, is not a systems core issue, compile them don't change nothing. Would be from retroarch.
Sorry, my english is awful, like me. XD

Return to “Gaming”