ibz096

I need help running Nestopia on Raspbian

Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:54 am

I am trying to run Nestopia on my raspberry pi running raspbian, but everytime I try to run it just closes. I installed Nestopia , by compiling the source code.

Instructions I used to instal sdl2 library:https://solarianprogrammer.com/2015/...started-sdl-2/

code I used to configure SDL2:
Code:
./configure --disable-pulseaudio --disable-esd --disable-video-mir --disable-video-wayland --disable-video-x11 --disable-video-opengl

make

make install
Instructions I used to install nestopia for debian/raspbian:
https://github.com/libretro/nestopia...er/README.unix

Error I am getting:
Code:
nestopia
0 joystick(s) found:

(nestopia:9330): WARNING **: Error retrieving accessibility bus address: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.a11y.Bus was not provided by any .service files

(nestopia:9330): WARNING **: Can't load fallback CSS resource: Failed to import: The resource at '/org/gnome/adwaita/gtk-fallback.css' does not exist

(nestopia:9330): WARNING **: Can't load fallback CSS resource: Failed to import: The resource at '/org/gnome/adwaita/gtk-fallback.css' does not exist

(nestopia:9330): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk-dark.css:1:63: Failed to import: The resource at '/org/gnome/adwaita/gtk-main-dark.css' does not exist
Segmentation fault
I have the .css files in another directory. I've tried to create the directory
Quote:
/org/gnome/adwaita/
and tried to cp the .css files to the directory '/org/gnome/adwaita/', but I still get the same error.

And I don't understand the second error. Not the joystick error.

is it possible to change Nestopia's default theme path ?

welshy

Re: I need help running Nestopia on Raspbian

Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:55 am

ibz096
Welcome to the Forum! I recall in those heady days on the Pi's first release messing with Nestopia and encountering the same issues, which is why I turned my attention to Fceu/Fceux! I haven't returned to it since the Pi2's release though, is there a specifc reason you wish to use Nestopia? Perhaps another user can assit?
"The list of things I have heard now contains everything!"

ibz096

Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:47 pm

There's no specific reason for choosing Nestopia. I also tried Mednafen and Mednaffee for the front-end , but I still get a similar error. The error for Mednafen asks me to put mednafen in the PATH . I tried doing that , it still would not execute. I'll try using FCEUX. Thanks for your help.

welshy

Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:11 pm

ibz096
No Probs! Mednafen compiles, I used it with AdvMENU and a Dispmanx back end for a PC Engine ONLY Emulator Image due to the fact RetroArch wasn't fast enough to run CD Titles* and wouldn't run SuperGrafx ones at all! It wasn't straight forward though and would probably have to dig my old notes out to see how I did it lol!

* A newer R/A Core has resolved this issue, however it still doesn't run SuperGrafx Titles.
"The list of things I have heard now contains everything!"

Vanfanel

Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:18 pm

Use RetroArch + whatever core you need. Don't use standalone emulators on the Pi, they generally suck except for Mame4all, PiFBA and Atari800.
For all the other systems, it's RetroArch ONLY.

There is a Nestopia core for libretro/RetroArch. There's also an FCE core. Use that. Avoid any other solution. Save time and get the best results.

KitchUK

Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:26 pm

Vanfanel wrote:Use RetroArch + whatever core you need. Don't use standalone emulators on the Pi, they generally suck except for Mame4all, PiFBA and Atari800.
For all the other systems, it's RetroArch ONLY.

There is a Nestopia core for libretro/RetroArch. There's also an FCE core. Use that. Avoid any other solution. Save time and get the best results.
Agree. Retroarch is so much easier to use/configure.

Return to “Gaming”