kells1986

Gingerbread Image boots, but mouse/keyboard don't work

Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:59 pm

I've managed to get my 'pi to boot the Gingerbread Android image I found here. I've tried this with a mouse plugged in, which seems to be picked up as a USB device during startup, but no cursor appears on the screen. Is there anything I can do about this?

I'm using a 1.2A 5V power supply via the micro USB port, could power be a problem? This is the first time I've tried running Android on the 'pi so I'm not aware of any of the potential pitfalls.

pavand

Re: Gingerbread Image boots, but mouse/keyboard don't work

Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:45 am

I am trying to boot android OS(2.3) on R pi but I am getting some commands on the screen followed by rainbow color screen on the monitor . I changed the config text file in android OS but I am getting same thing . can you post the commands in the config text file in android OS based on that I will change the modes and groups in file .

Regards
pavan

gkreidl

Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:33 am

pavand wrote:I am trying to boot android OS(2.3) on R pi but I am getting some commands on the screen followed by rainbow color screen on the monitor . I changed the config text file in android OS but I am getting same thing . can you post the commands in the config text file in android OS based on that I will change the modes and groups in file .

Regards
pavan
1) Asking the same question in four different places at the same time will not motivate anyone to help you; in fact, it will make an supporter angry,

2) The RPi was never meant to run Android. If you want you want Android on your TV, buy one of those cheap HDMI sticks; some are even cheaper than the RPi (with case, power supply and Wifi included).
Minimal Kiosk Browser (kweb)
Slim, fast webkit browser with support for audio+video+playlists+youtube+pdf+download
Optional fullscreen kiosk mode and command interface for embedded applications
Includes omxplayerGUI, an X front end for omxplayer

pavand

Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:56 am

Hi ,
I am using hdmi - vga converter but the problem is config text file in android os can you post the commands inside the config text fr ur android os based on that I will change the modes and groups in hdmi .

pavan

pavand

Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:43 am

Hi ,

Android OS(2.3) is supported for raspberry pi model a or model b board otherwise it is supported for both boards.

Return to “Android”