girijapretha

HD Video not playing in Android RPI3 using userland

Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:12 am

Hi,
I am running userland (hellovideo) application in Android rpi3. After fetching h264 data from file OMX_EmptyThisBuffer() is invoked to transfer the buffer to decoder. In my case after decoding the data,I am not able to see the video on screen. So to test whether the h264 data is decoded to YUV data, can I use OMX_FillThisBuffer() in video.c to get the decoded buffer(YUV) from decoder. Will the decoder give me the YUV data(back to application) through that call?. If yes which portIndex should I use for output buffer, Input buffer is using 130 as portIndex.

Any suggestion for this problem please?

fruitoftheloom

Re: HD Video not playing in Android RPI3 using userland

Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:07 am

girijapretha wrote:Hi,
I am running userland (hellovideo) application in Android rpi3. After fetching h264 data from file OMX_EmptyThisBuffer() is invoked to transfer the buffer to decoder. In my case after decoding the data,I am not able to see the video on screen. So to test whether the h264 data is decoded to YUV data, can I use OMX_FillThisBuffer() in video.c to get the decoded buffer(YUV) from decoder. Will the decoder give me the YUV data(back to application) through that call?. If yes which portIndex should I use for output buffer, Input buffer is using 130 as portIndex.

Any suggestion for this problem please?
Please can you ask Android questions at the Community Website:

viewtopic.php?f=73&t=71658
adieu

Asus CS10 Chromebit / HP Envy 4500 Wireless Printer / Raspberry Pi Model 2B v1.1 / RealVNC Software...

6by9
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Re: HD Video not playing in Android RPI3 using userland

Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:16 pm

Normally I'd agree, but I assume this has come from https://github.com/raspberrypi/userland/issues/326 where hello_video (not an Android app) fails on the N Preview builds as they have enabled the OpenGL driver so video render doesn't work. This is therefore a general question on how to drive OpenMAX IL.

This should, however, be in the OpenMAX IL subforum - I'll report it to request a move.
I suspect there are already various answers to the question if the OP bothered searching...
Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi Trading. Views expressed are still personal views.
I'm not interested in doing contracts for bespoke functionality - please don't ask.

Return to “OpenMAX”