madCoder24

OpenMax Video Split Screen

Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:34 pm

I am curious if OpenMax is able to do split screen similar to a video game. Would it require multiple components for each individual stream? I assume it would since each stream would be different. I noticed that OpenMax has a video_splitter component. Would this functionality be performed with that component?

6by9
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Re: OpenMax Video Split Screen

Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:44 pm

Video splitter splits one stream to feed more than one destination. It does not merge multiple inputs.

It sounds like you just want to create multiple video_render components with different display regions.
Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi Trading. Views expressed are still personal views.
I'm not interested in doing contracts for bespoke functionality - please don't ask.

madCoder24

Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:53 pm

If there are multiple video_render components, would the ports ever conflict? If that is the case then would each port need to be disabled and re-enabled for each render component individually. This way the render component would be able to render it's individual stream. I hope I am on the right track, but I feel I am off base.

Thanks for the answers.

6by9

Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:11 pm

No conflict as you always reference a component handle and port number. Each video render will have a different handle, and they all perform totally independently when it comes to port and component states.
Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi Trading. Views expressed are still personal views.
I'm not interested in doing contracts for bespoke functionality - please don't ask.

madCoder24

Mon May 09, 2016 6:03 pm

Thanks for the information. This is helpful. So the individual video_render components will each be part of their own video pipeline? Each pipeline will have it's own video_decode components which send data to their appropriate video_render components. That makes sense.

Return to “OpenMAX”