dliloch

weston-launch - command not found

Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:31 am

so I've loaded the 5-25 image of raspbian and it works fine and I do see that weston is already @ most current level.
tried weston-launch but get command not found.. I don't see any hits for weston-launch when I do a search..
what am I doing wrong here? thanks.

fbutler

Re: weston-launch - command not found

Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:44 am

dliloch wrote:so I've loaded the 5-25 image of raspbian and it works fine and I do see that weston is already @ most current level.
tried weston-launch but get command not found.. I don't see any hits for weston-launch when I do a search..
what am I doing wrong here? thanks.
See here:
http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/4128#comment-79571
It looks like there is an issue with versioning. You should be able to get it working by following the instructions in that thread.

dliloch

Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:11 am

thanks that worked! used the june 4th version .. very surprised at how small it was! one other thing.. why did my search on the upper right of the page for weston-launch not return anything here? ...

fbutler

Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:19 am

dliloch wrote:thanks that worked! used the june 4th version .. very surprised at how small it was! one other thing.. why did my search on the upper right of the page for weston-launch not return anything here? ...
That would be because the comment was in the comment thread for this Raspberry Pi announcement here:
http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/4128
and not in the forums. The search in the top right hand corner only searches the forum posts.

dliloch

Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:27 pm

so now I want to try and do something other than open a terminal.. I tried leafpad and got can't open display..
I set up a new launcher stanza in weston.ini but that only adds the icon on top which does not work probably
for the same reason ... then I tried to use xterm got can't open display and display is not set ..
any ideas??

what is simple-shm supposed to do? I clicked it and it id not work.. so I ran it in the
terminal and it came back command not found..not available to install in apt-get

can you use gpu=64 (the default) I increased it to 128 but still the same error.. if it doesn't have
to be increased I would leave it at 64.

also do you think that weston-wayland warrants its own forum catagory?

thanks.
-don

Return to “Raspbian”