After sudo dpkg -r kweb
'web' still closing, 'chromium working'

After sudo apt-get remove......
'web' and 'chromium' both working

After sudo apt-get install.....
'web' now closing as before, 'chromium' still working

After ./debinstall
'web' and 'kweb' closing as before, 'chromium' still working

Definitely beginning to look like a webkit specific issue ( if not unique to kweb) as chromium is never affected

Thanks again for looking into this

gkreidl

Re: Minimal Kiosk Browser

Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:24 pm

Just for better understanding:
kweb installs two browser versions:
kweb (using the old and stable webkit1 engine, same as Midori)
and
kweb3 (using the new, hw accelerated, webkit3 engine, same as epiphany, not completely free of bugs).
In order to use kweb, the old engine has to be installed, including all dependencies. This should not affect webkit3 (epiphany, kweb3) in any way. I've checked all dependencies this morning for possible cross-connections, incompatible packages etc: nothing!

This has worked for thousands of users and it works for you in certain networks, but not on others. I have no explanation for this right now. The same should happen, if you install Midori instead if kweb.

What you could do for the moment is:
install kweb.
remove webkit1 and all its dependencies (remove command in above posting). Then run
sudo rm /usr/bin/kweb
sudo rm /usr/share/applications/kweb.desktop

This would leave a fully working kweb3 version on your system, but no kweb version. According to your results above, epiphany and kweb3 both should work on all your networks.
Minimal Kiosk Browser (kweb)
Slim, fast webkit browser with support for audio+video+playlists+youtube+pdf+download
Optional fullscreen kiosk mode and command interface for embedded applications
Includes omxplayerGUI, an X front end for omxplayer

eIanTaylor

Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:47 pm

Unfortunately removing those packages also removes the whole kweb package as it is dependant on some of them.

The ones that also try to remove kweb are libgail18, jibjavascriptcore... and the two libwebkitgtk packages. ( Worked this out just by running the command over and over again removing packages from the list until it didn't suggest removing kweb )

I have also installed 'midori' and as you suggest, it exhibits the same problem and it affects 'web' ( epiphany ) in the same way.

So...
This really looks like it's a webkit 1 related problem
...and...
I can't install the entire kweb package then pull out the webkit 1 bits we don't want

so is there a means of only installing kweb3? It is kweb3 that I really want ( for the performance and the kiosk mode )

Thanks

gkreidl

Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:22 pm

Yes, you can install from source.

Code: Select all

wget http://steinerdatenbank.de/software/kweb-1.6.4-src.tar.gz
tar -xzf kweb-1.6.4-src.tar.gz
cd kweb-1.6.4-src
sudo make install
Afterwards remove two files:

Code: Select all

sudo rm /usr/share/applications/kweb.desktop
sudo rm /usr/bin/kweb
You cannot use the automatic update function (install from source again, if a new version is published)
Slim, fast webkit browser with support for audio+video+playlists+youtube+pdf+download

Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:29 pm

gkreidl wrote:
1775 wrote:Forgive my newness to all of this.

To install kweb - are all of the lines in the code listed entered one line at a time - each on its own prompt? I believe so, but just want to make sure. Thanks.
Yes.

Problem - followed the code line by line. First worked fine - said saving to "kweb-1.6.4.tar.gz Next line - cd kweb-1.6.4 returns response No such file or directory. So I try cd kweb-1.6.4.tar.gz = response not a directory. Tried this several times same response.

Now what do I do?

Raspbian - new install - with update and upgrade done.
Thanks.

gkreidl

Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:29 am

1775 wrote:
gkreidl wrote:
Problem - followed the code line by line. First worked fine - said saving to "kweb-1.6.4.tar.gz Next line - cd kweb-1.6.4 returns response No such file or directory. So I try cd kweb-1.6.4.tar.gz = response not a directory. Tried this several times same response.

Now what do I do?

Thanks.
No, you didn't follow it line by line.
First step: download (OK)
Second step: unpack (You didn't do it, obviously)
Third step: cd into directory (doesn't work in your case because you missed step 2)
Fourth step: run the installer script

Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:06 am

Got it. Also installed suggested packages it indicated. It's working! Thank you!
:D

gkreidl wrote:
1775 wrote:
gkreidl wrote:

Now what do I do?

Thanks.
No, you didn't follow it line by line.
First step: download (OK)
Second step: unpack (You didn't do it, obviously)
Third step: cd into directory (doesn't work in your case because you missed step 2)
Fourth step: run the installer script

oozo

Mon May 04, 2015 12:05 pm

Hey

can i run youtube vídeos using OMX with no user interation?

gkreidl

Mon May 04, 2015 2:21 pm

oozo wrote:Hey

can i run youtube vídeos using OMX with no user interation?
What do you mean by "OMX"?
If you want to play them within the browser, you need a special version of kweb3 - auto play of video is by default disabled.

oozo

Mon May 04, 2015 3:43 pm

OMXPlayer

i already got the version with autoplay but unfortunately they are not ok... the videos are not fluid enough to use in production. I have Raspberry Pi Version 2 with a gooood overclock. Maybe using omxplayer to play the videos i can get better results.

gkreidl

Mon May 04, 2015 5:25 pm

oozo wrote:OMXPlayer

i already got the version with autoplay but unfortunately they are not ok... the videos are not fluid enough to use in production. I have Raspberry Pi Version 2 with a gooood overclock. Maybe using omxplayer to play the videos i can get better results.
It's possible using a few trick to make it look like playing inside the browser window.

oozo

Tue May 05, 2015 3:46 pm

Yay, that's good!

Can you point me in to the right direction ?

gkreidl

Tue May 05, 2015 3:53 pm

oozo wrote:Yay, that's good!

You can set omxplayerGUI to play video without a window and without a terminal and set the omxplayer options to use a certain screen area with the "--win x1,y1,x2,y2" settings.

oozo

Tue May 05, 2015 4:15 pm

gkreidl wrote:
oozo wrote:Yay, that's good!

You can set omxplayerGUI to play video without a window and without a terminal and set the omxplayer options to use a certain screen area with the "--win x1,y1,x2,y2" settings.
Thanks!

One more question.

Like I said before, my system pulls feeds from social medias like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Youtube. One by one the feeds are displayed at the screen and at the end a row (45 posts) I have a Youtube video. Using kweb autoplay that you provided to us kweb open the video, play it and at the end comes back to the social feeds. There’s any way when the video from youtube enter, it call the OMXPLAYER with the options that you send to me, reproduce the video and close it at the end?

gkreidl

Tue May 05, 2015 4:53 pm

oozo wrote: Thanks!

One more question.

Like I said before, my system pulls feeds from social medias like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Youtube. One by one the feeds are displayed at the screen and at the end a row (45 posts) I have a Youtube video. Using kweb autoplay that you provided to us kweb open the video, play it and at the end comes back to the social feeds. There’s any way when the video from youtube enter, it call the OMXPLAYER with the options that you send to me, reproduce the video and close it at the end?
There are different ways to accomplish that. I need to know more about how your application works.

oozo

Tue May 05, 2015 4:59 pm

Already sent you an email with the specs but i will post it here

http://oozotv-env.elasticbeanstalk.com/bancodeeventos

you can navigate between the feeds by using the keyboard arrows

To see the movies press the back keyboard arrow to go to the end of a queue

using Kweb3 i can play the videos but its not fluid enough to run in production

I have android players to run that but i want to swap to raspberry pi

gkreidl

Tue May 05, 2015 5:17 pm

Your application is completely running on the server. That reduces the possibilities,
The only way I can see is a direct link to the video itself (not the usual link to youtube) inside an iframe. That would start omxplayer. And you need to know the duration in advance.

oozo

Tue May 05, 2015 6:47 pm

gkreidl wrote:Your application is completely running on the server. That reduces the possibilities,
The only way I can see is a direct link to the video itself (not the usual link to youtube) inside an iframe. That would start omxplayer. And you need to know the duration in advance.

I'm working with Youtube API directly. I have the duration but i don think i'm able to get direct links (Because some of my clients use tracking channel and i capture it automaticaly) Maybe i can download the movie feed and upload it to my S3.. Aghh :(

You think there's a way to improve HTML5 quality on video player ?

bradinjersey

Tue May 05, 2015 8:12 pm

Is there any way to auto refresh an external web site?

Thanks!

Tue May 05, 2015 8:25 pm

(Rasp Pi 2 B - After I did the full install of kweb all worked fine - video played, volume could be adjusted on both videos and mp3s. Several days later now, I get minimal volume from my amplified speakers (running speakers through audio connection on the board) that does not increase in volume. When a video plays now through VLC it will not stop - the video window closes but the VLC icon continues on the top right of the screen and its menu functions do not respond. Also the CPU is then way up and stays up as if the video is playing. The only way out is to shutdown or reboot the Rasp Pi. I tried opening the video with Omx (frontend) and the video plays but still minimal volume.

Speakers are good. I just tested them on a PC.

Not sure what to do. As it was all working and nothing really has changed on the Rasp Pi since the kweb install other than an update/upgrade.

gkreidl

Tue May 05, 2015 9:37 pm

I suppose your problem is not related to kweb at all.
I never us the analogue sound output and have no idea what could be wrong.

gkreidl

Tue May 05, 2015 10:05 pm

oozo wrote: I'm working with Youtube API directly. I have the duration but i don think i'm able to get direct links (Because some of my clients use tracking channel and i capture it automaticaly) Maybe i can download the movie feed and upload it to my S3.. Aghh :(

You think there's a way to improve HTML5 quality on video player ?
You're running the video full screen. That's too much for the current webkit3/gstreamer1 engine. No problem for omxplayer, though.

gkreidl

Tue May 05, 2015 10:07 pm

bradinjersey wrote:Is there any way to auto refresh an external web site?

Thanks!
You could send keyboard commands from a script using xdotool.

orieffenstahl

Wed May 06, 2015 3:30 pm

Hello gkreidl,
I use your browser (kweb 1.6.4) and I want that mp4 videos play automatically at first load without klick on the play button. Can you send me the version without the blockade?

I'm a new user on this board and can't send privat massages at the moment. :(

Thanks!

gkreidl

Wed May 06, 2015 3:59 pm

orieffenstahl wrote:Hello gkreidl,
I use your browser (kweb 1.6.4) and I want that mp4 videos play automatically at first load without klick on the play button. Can you send me the version without the blockade?

I'm a new user on this board and can't send privat massages at the moment. :(

Thanks!
viewtopic.php?f=66&t=40860&p=730199&hil ... ay#p730215

Return to “Raspbian”