pootang24

Re: Minimal Kiosk Browser

Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:44 pm

gkreidl wrote:Try replacing "AudioContext" by "webkitAudioContext" in the Javascript file or use a class as explained here:
http://chimera.labs.oreilly.com/books/1 ... html#s01_2
Thanks for the advice. We tried your suggestion and it's still not playing sound. I've tried a demo website that uses this plugin and that doesn't seem to work with kweb3 either(http://ionden.com/a/plugins/ion.sound/en.html).

We're in the process of looking for an alternative plugin that will play the sound successfully.

gkreidl

Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:03 pm

If you go to html5test.com (with any browser) it will show you which HTML5 functions the browser supports.
Web Audio API is shown as "prefixed" for browsers based on the current Raspbian webkit3 library (used by epiphany and kweb3).
It also shows you which audio codes are supported (all).
Minimal Kiosk Browser (kweb)
Slim, fast webkit browser with support for audio+video+playlists+youtube+pdf+download
Optional fullscreen kiosk mode and command interface for embedded applications
Includes omxplayerGUI, an X front end for omxplayer

pootang24

Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:10 pm

It doesn't seem to be a codec issue that we're having. If I go to the following website(http://hpr.dogphilosophy.net/test/) it plays the audio files fine. Perhaps its a compatibility issue with the javascript plugins that we're using on the website, however they work fine on other systems(firefox/chrome/safari). If you have any ideas it would be greatly appreciated.

Also are you likely to build in support for css3 gradients into kweb?

gkreidl

Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:44 pm

pootang24 wrote:I
Also are you likely to build in support for css3 gradients into kweb?
Something like this is not built into kweb(3) but into the webkit libraries it uses. CSS gradients have been supported for a long time.
Try something like this:
background: -webkit-linear-gradient(top, #000000 0%, #616161 50%, #ffffff 100%);
Slim, fast webkit browser with support for audio+video+playlists+youtube+pdf+download

oozo

Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:46 am

Hey, thanks for all your help here in the forum!

I'm having problems to run youtube :(

I'm with Raspbian, using kweb as kiosk. I'm loading a social feed that shows social medias like youtube and vimeo and i cant figure out how to make it work :( they load for something like 5s with the player frame and loading animation and them, ploft, just jump to a new feed

gkreidl

Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:47 am

oozo wrote:Hey, thanks for all your help here in the forum!

I'm having problems to run youtube :(

I'm with Raspbian, using kweb as kiosk. I'm loading a social feed that shows social medias like youtube and vimeo and i cant figure out how to make it work :( they load for something like 5s with the player frame and loading animation and them, ploft, just jump to a new feed
Do you use kweb3 and do you have Javascript enabled?
And videos don't start without user interaction. You need a specially built kweb3 version that starts playing videos automatically.
See:
viewtopic.php?f=66&t=40860&start=450#p730215

qe548

Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:54 am

Many thanks for an excellent browser.

Will Kweb - on a raspberry pi - work with the following python module ?

https://docs.python.org/2.7/library/webbrowser.html

The command of greatest interest is:

webbrowser.open(url, new=0, autoraise=True)

i.e. to open a webpage in an EXISTING browser window, from a python script.

lumsdot

Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:24 pm

Ive downloaded the latest version of kweb and omxplayer.
Ive got a problem when playing videos on guiomxplayer, the actual video window does not seem to sit next to the scroll bars,
i.e. it looks like the video window is offset (both to the left and upwards about 50 pixels) from the actual window frame, hope that makes sense.
not a big problem but does look a bit odd

lumsdot

Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:28 pm

another problem is when i try and forward to a point in time of a video using the time bar select, sometimes guiomxplayer just shuts down, does not do it all the time, i.e. works ok sometimes

gkreidl

Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:43 pm

qe548 wrote:Many thanks for an excellent browser.

Will Kweb - on a raspberry pi - work with the following python module ?

https://docs.python.org/2.7/library/webbrowser.html

The command of greatest interest is:

webbrowser.open(url, new=0, autoraise=True)

i.e. to open a webpage in an EXISTING browser window, from a python script.
It opens a new browser instance.
But there are other ways. You could use xdotool, but this only works completely if you use matchbox window manager.

gkreidl

Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:45 pm

lumsdot wrote:Ive downloaded the latest version of kweb and omxplayer.
Ive got a problem when playing videos on guiomxplayer, the actual video window does not seem to sit next to the scroll bars,
i.e. it looks like the video window is offset (both to the left and upwards about 50 pixels) from the actual window frame, hope that makes sense.
not a big problem but does look a bit odd
Your framebuffer size is different from your real screen resolution (maybe an overscan setting).
The window area is calculated from the framebuffer position; omxplayer's --win option uses real screen area. If both don't match, the video area is misplaced.

gkreidl

Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:50 pm

lumsdot wrote:another problem is when i try and forward to a point in time of a video using the time bar select, sometimes guiomxplayer just shuts down, does not do it all the time, i.e. works ok sometimes
Do you mean while a video is running or a selection before you start a video.
In the second case, you may select a starting point beyond the end time of a video.
In the first case installing the latest omxplayer version from omxplayer.sconde.net might help.

lumsdot

Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:00 pm

the overscan was causing the problem with the video offset, so that is ok now thanks.
I have the latest omxplayer 2-april-2015, when the youtube video is playing and i use the seek bar at the bottom of the video, most times omxplayer just shuts down.
Ive tried it on a downloaded video and the seek bar works ok, so it must be something to do with the fact the youtube video is not fully cached (my broadband speed is slow)

lumsdot

Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:14 pm

i.e. if youtube video is playing on omxplayer and only 25 perc has been buffered, if i try and seek to the last 90 perc of the video , then would this be the cause of omxplayer crashing out?

gkreidl

Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:46 pm

lumsdot wrote:the overscan was causing the problem with the video offset, so that is ok now thanks.
I have the latest omxplayer 2-april-2015, when the youtube video is playing and i use the seek bar at the bottom of the video, most times omxplayer just shuts down.
Ive tried it on a downloaded video and the seek bar works ok, so it must be something to do with the fact the youtube video is not fully cached (my broadband speed is slow)
Do you mean when playing the video inside the browser window (kweb3)?
That's a well known bug of the current webkit3 engine and also happens in epiphany. I have not noticed something like that when playing youtube videos with omxplayerGUI,

lumsdot

Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:25 pm

youtube video is playing inside guiomxplayer, pressing play icon on kweb toolbar and it launches omxplayer.

gkreidl

Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:30 pm

lumsdot wrote:youtube video is playing inside guiomxplayer, pressing play icon on kweb toolbar and it launches omxplayer.
This is the way I normally use it and I haven't seen any breaks for a long time and moving forward and backward in a video works very well. Perhaps your internet connection is the cause of the problem.

DirkM

Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:33 pm

Nice piece of Software ! Thanks :)

I would love to try integrate kweb3 "kiosk" in a very compact yocto image.

Where can I download the sources of kweb3?

Greeting from Germany
Dirk

Navaneeth

Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:33 am

Is there any issue in loading HD images in kweb? I am using pi 2 and i installed kweb using above instruction. When i enter following command

Code: Select all

kweb filename.jpg
The image loads part by part.

board : Rapberry pi 2
tested image dimesions : 1080p(HD) and 720p(HD)
terminal command used : kweb file:///home/pi/filename.jpg

gkreidl

Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:06 am

DirkM wrote:Nice piece of Software ! Thanks :)

I would love to try integrate kweb3 "kiosk" in a very compact yocto image.

Where can I download the sources of kweb3?

Greeting from Germany
Dirk
Hi Dirk,
kweb uses a lot of Raspbian system resources (GTK-+2, GTK+3, libwebkitgtl and libwebkitgtk3, which in turn require lots of other packages) and external programs like lxterminal, leafpad, youtube-dl, xpdf (or mupdf or evince), wget and optionally uget, gdebi-core for updating etc.
So your yocto image wouldn't be so compact after all. In fact, it would be nothing else than a slightly reduced Raspbian.
The source package is always available from the same link. Just add -src to the file name, e. g. kweb-1.6.4-src-tar.gz for the current version.

gkreidl

Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:13 am

Navaneeth wrote:Is there any issue in loading HD images in kweb? I am using pi 2 and i installed kweb using above instruction. When i enter following command

Code: Select all

kweb filename.jpg
The image loads part by part.

board : Rapberry pi 2
tested image dimesions : 1080p(HD) and 720p(HD)
terminal command used : kweb file:///home/pi/filename.jpg
This is not an issue but the typical way most browser engines load, decode, resize and display large images. This only happens, when resizing is requred. If you run kweb(3) in kiosk mode on a full HD screen, it will display 1080p images in one rush.

robbieone

Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:04 pm

Thanks for this so much needed piece of software gkreidl !

I spend sometimes playing with it and all the options and it works really well.

I just noticed that when I activate the kiosk mode from X or using Xinit, the performances completely drop in JS and that some of my animation are smooth with the toolbar but are 50 times slower on fullscreen. Like if hardware acceleration was cut down.

Any advices on this point ?
Many Raspberries 2, still not enough !

gkreidl

Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:05 am

That's strange. In fact, there is no difference between kiosk mode and normal mode except for the screen area used, And there is no hardware acceleration involved,

Can you send me an example? Contact me via PM.

gkreidl

kweb's second birthday

Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:39 am

Exactly two years ago the first version of kweb (Minimal Kiosk Browser) has been published.
I wrote this for my own use and would never have thought that it would be so successful (in spite of the fact that the only place where you can find it is this forum thread).

SirPali

Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:20 pm

We've been using the Kweb browser for a while on a few of our kiosk terminals now and haven't really run into large issues lately.
However, we've noticed the browser crashing after running more than 24 hours. In this case the entire browser is closed.
We haven't pinpointed the exact moment of crashing yet, but on multiple occasions we left the office with the browser running on our kiosk terminal, and arrived in the morning with the desktop showing and the browser closed.

We've 'fixed' this by letting our Pi's reboot at night, but is this crashing a known issue? And if so, is there is anything we can do to prevent it? We're showing a page of products on our kiosk terminals, that refreshes to show new products every 10 seconds using Javascript.

Return to “Raspbian”