PuppetHoundZ

Re: Minimal Kiosk Browser

Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:36 am

gkreidl wrote:
Yes, of course you can handle it that way, but that's not the way it's supposed to work. But the bug fix is already on github and a new versionpf omxplayer should be available soon.

BTW, you can edit the settings so that omxplayerGUI starts with maximized window mode or plays full screen immediately.
That's good news. Also I already knew about the Maximized version. I just don't like using it because sometimes I like to multi-task just a bit. Or sometimes music from YouTube doesn't need to be played full screen. :)

Keep up the great work. Your browser is the reason why Raspbian is the ultimate OS of choice in my opinion. Kweb allows us to do all the things Kodi does but with a desktop environment. :ugeek:

Updated:
Steps:
You just go into Kweb settings
Make sure commands is activated.
Then you scroll down and turn off OMXPlayerGUI
Select Save.

Also I noticed that you added the "Delete Cookies" to the applications page. :geek:

PS nice post update on the OMXPlayer update it works good now.
Last edited by PuppetHoundZ on Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

gkreidl

Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:08 pm

New omxplayer version available from http://omxplayer.sconde.net/ which fixes the bug that caused omxplayerGUI to loose video when a user moves, resizes or hides the video window in omxplayerGUI-
http://omxplayer.sconde.net/builds/omxp ... _armhf.deb

Code: Select all

wget http://omxplayer.sconde.net/builds/omxplayer_0.3.6~git20150217~5337be8_armhf.deb
sudo dpkg -i omxplayer_0.3.6~git20150217~5337be8_armhf.deb
Minimal Kiosk Browser (kweb)
Slim, fast webkit browser with support for audio+video+playlists+youtube+pdf+download
Optional fullscreen kiosk mode and command interface for embedded applications
Includes omxplayerGUI, an X front end for omxplayer

jampony

Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:30 am

Excellent work so far. Kweb has become indispensable for me on the RPi2! It's easily my browser of choice.

Am I right in thinking pre-roll adverts on YouTube videos (ones you have to skip) interfere with youtube-dl? I can't seem to get omxplayer to play the video whenever there is one.

Keyboard commands don't always respond for me either.

gkreidl

Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:04 am

jampony wrote:Excellent work so far. Kweb has become indispensable for me on the RPi2! It's easily my browser of choice.

Am I right in thinking pre-roll adverts on YouTube videos (ones you have to skip) interfere with youtube-dl? I can't seem to get omxplayer to play the video whenever there is one.

Keyboard commands don't always respond for me either.
My usual way of watching youtube videos is visiting youtube.com with Javascript disabled. Loads much faster and you don't get all the crap that is loaded after the page has opened. The video area is simply black then and you don't get any ads to skip. Then click the play button.

Can you give me an example of not working keyboard commands?
Slim, fast webkit browser with support for audio+video+playlists+youtube+pdf+download

SirPali

Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:22 am

I have a quick question about loading images using kweb3.
I have a kiosk page which basically loops through a number of images with 4 images showing in a grid every X seconds. I am using Javascript to replace the old images with the new ones when the timer runs out. With kweb, this works fine until I get to the 8th image or so. Instead of showing the new images, it shows a blank space instead. This continues until the entire loop is finished after which I can see the first few images again, followed by blank squares.
This works fine on all browsers I tested so far, but with kweb only the first 8 or so images are shown, and the other ones display as blank.

What might be the cause of this? I'm running the browser with the following flags:

kweb -KHCAFJBE <my site>
Other than that, great work on the browser! It's so much faster than the other ones I've tried.

gkreidl

Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:19 pm

SirPali wrote:I have a quick question about loading images using kweb3.
I have a kiosk page which basically loops through a number of images with 4 images showing in a grid every X seconds. I am using Javascript to replace the old images with the new ones when the timer runs out. With kweb, this works fine until I get to the 8th image or so. Instead of showing the new images, it shows a blank space instead. This continues until the entire loop is finished after which I can see the first few images again, followed by blank squares.
This works fine on all browsers I tested so far, but with kweb only the first 8 or so images are shown, and the other ones display as blank.

What might be the cause of this? I'm running the browser with the following flags:

kweb -KHCAFJBE <my site>
Other than that, great work on the browser! It's so much faster than the other ones I've tried.
I need something for testing this. Could you contact me by PM, please.

PuppetHoundZ

Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:09 am

Some positive feedback.

As of your new update here is my experience on weird bugs going away.

Before 1.6.3 I had issues with OMXPlayerGUI crashing randomly while playing videos on youtube using Youtube-dl (the script version that's faster was installed). Video would play for a few minutes and suddenly kill themselves and I would have to click on the play button again. Also there were weird issues where videos would start to play again even after a video would be ended, suddenly the video was playing again.

As of 1.6.3 it doesn't appear to crash at all. Maybe due to bug fixes with Kweb or the OMXPlayer update (with the patched gui stuff). And the random replaying has gone away. I don't know what could have fixed this but it was a weird annoying occurrence that has gone away. (maybe also due to the fact that I increased GPU Ram to 160Mb just for a small bit of extra RAM stability.

I'll keep on saying it but your work on this Kweb app makes Raspbian the ultimate most versatile OS out there. Enough so that I don't even bother with trying out Kodi.

Hope you can add support to play entire folders in OMXPlayerGUI rather than using playlist files or single files at a time in a future update.

Update: The fix may be as a result of OMXPlayer being updated. I realize this after I did more research reading over OMXPlayerGUI Manual :geek:

jampony

Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:08 am

gkreidl wrote: Can you give me an example of not working keyboard commands?
Sometimes it happens if I mess around with the window size or start the player full screen: Alt+F and Alt+H stops responding altogether, so I can't toggle fullscreen or the player controls. Otherwise the integration is virtually perfect.

PuppetHoundZ

Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:26 am

jampony wrote: Sometimes it happens if I mess around with the window size or start the player full screen: Alt+F and Alt+H stops responding altogether, so I can't toggle fullscreen or the player controls. Otherwise the integration is virtually perfect.
Have you updated OMXPlayer as mentioned here:
http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewt ... 18#p698218

gkreidl

Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:29 am

@PuppetHoundZ:
The features you are missing are provided by my own media server Edna++. I never finished the documentation and that's why I haven't published it. If you're interested, contact me via PM.

SirPali

Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:05 pm

The browser has been working like a charm for us lately!
We only ran into one small issue.
While text-shadows are supported in css, drop-shadows on images are not.
I tried using the webkit css command

-webkit-filter: drop-shadow(5px 5px 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.75));
on kweb and kweb3, but neither seems to parse / display it.
I can imagine other issues have a higher priority, but it would be nice if this could be added in the future :) For now we replaced it with an image with the shadow already in place.

Keep up the good work!

gkreidl

Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:50 pm

SirPali wrote:The browser has been working like a charm for us lately!
We only ran into one small issue.
While text-shadows are supported in css, drop-shadows on images are not.
I tried using the webkit css command

-webkit-filter: drop-shadow(5px 5px 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.75));
on kweb and kweb3, but neither seems to parse / display it.
I can imagine other issues have a higher priority, but it would be nice if this could be added in the future :) For now we replaced it with an image with the shadow already in place.

Keep up the good work!
That's beyond anything I can do (depends on the webkit engine I'm using). When we migrate to Jessie a newer version should become available.

SirPali

Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:46 pm

gkreidl wrote:That's beyond anything I can do (depends on the webkit engine I'm using). When we migrate to Jessie a newer version should become available.
Figured as much. Not a problem! Other than this the browser runs perfect for us, so we've got nothing to complain :)

ktb

Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:59 pm

This is working well on Ubuntu for Pi2B.

gkreidl

Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:11 pm

ktb wrote:This is working well on Ubuntu for Pi2B.
Thanks for the info. I cannot test it myself right now.

bobjohncat

Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:48 pm

Hi,

Went to try install this today using the guide on the very first page of this post but im getting errors and wondered if anyone would kindly help

Err http://mirrordirector.raspbian.org/raspbian/ wheezy/main libavformat53 armht 6:0.8.13-1+rpi1 not found
Err http://mirrordirector.raspbian.org/raspbian/ wheezy/main libpostrpoc52 armht 6:0.8.13-1+rpi1 not found
Error during install: 'Failed to fetch http://mirrordirector.raspbian.org/rasp ... _armhf.deb 404 not found

Course I can see its saying these fails aren't found or available but wondered if im just doing something stupid?

gkreidl

Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:38 pm

bobjohncat wrote:Hi,

Went to try install this today using the guide on the very first page of this post but im getting errors and wondered if anyone would kindly help

Err http://mirrordirector.raspbian.org/raspbian/ wheezy/main libavformat53 armht 6:0.8.13-1+rpi1 not found
Err http://mirrordirector.raspbian.org/raspbian/ wheezy/main libpostrpoc52 armht 6:0.8.13-1+rpi1 not found
Error during install: 'Failed to fetch http://mirrordirector.raspbian.org/rasp ... _armhf.deb 404 not found

Course I can see its saying these fails aren't found or available but wondered if im just doing something stupid?
Which version of Raspbian do you have installed? Run
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
and then install again.

bobjohncat

Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:22 am

Thank you so much for suggesting such an obvious thing to try. That fixed it. Sorry I should have realised.

xSeahawk

Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:07 pm

Hey,

thank you a lot for this tool. The performance is really well.
I have an issue though:

I want to use the browser with a touchscreen and that's why I am using http://davetayls.me/jquery.kinetic/ (jquery.kinetic) on the website.
JQuery.kinetic works in Chrome, Safari and Firefox and also on Chromium on the PI - but for some reason it does not on this browser. JS is turned on and the browser is running fullscreen.
Any help? :)

gkreidl

Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:16 pm

xSeahawk wrote:Hey,

thank you a lot for this tool. The performance is really well.
I have an issue though:

I want to use the browser with a touchscreen and that's why I am using http://davetayls.me/jquery.kinetic/ (jquery.kinetic) on the website.
JQuery.kinetic works in Chrome, Safari and Firefox and also on Chromium on the PI - but for some reason it does not on this browser. JS is turned on and the browser is running fullscreen.
Any help? :)
Which version did you use? kweb or kweb3?

sifix

Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:01 am

I have set up kweb to start in kiosk mode on boot (I followed the guide in web_manual.pdf).
Now I need to do some changes but can't figure out how to turn of kiosk mode.

This is probably a simple fix but I'm new at this...

gkreidl

Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:33 am

sifix wrote:I have set up kweb to start in kiosk mode on boot (I followed the guide in web_manual.pdf).
Now I need to do some changes but can't figure out how to turn of kiosk mode.

This is probably a simple fix but I'm new at this...
I hope you have enabled keyboard commands in your kiosk script.
ALT+q will quit the browser and you will return to the command line.
Alternatively:
ALT+k will enable the tool bar. Now you can run any kind program from the toolbar (enable command execution first), e.g.
#leafpad
will start the text editor if you want to edit some configuration.

sifix

Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:45 pm

gkreidl wrote: I hope you have enabled keyboard commands in your kiosk script.
ALT+q will quit the browser and you will return to the command line.
Alternatively:
ALT+k will enable the tool bar. Now you can run any kind program from the toolbar (enable command execution first), e.g.
#leafpad
will start the text editor if you want to edit some configuration.
Perfekt.. That worked.
Thank you very much

jweob

Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:50 pm

Hi, thanks for creating kweb!

I am creating a web page that includes a circular menu split into segments. I want to be able to view the page on a raspberry pi running raspbian. I've created the html and css for this and it displays fine on iceweasel, however kweb, kweb3 and chromium all display the page incorrectly (see attached image - the iceweasel window shows how it should look).

Is anyone able to suggest anything I can do to fix this to allow the page to display in kweb? I'd prefer to use kweb as it is much faster than iceweasel.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've pasted my html/css below. It works by rotating and skewing divs and is based on an example here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1418 ... using-css3

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/html">

<style>
    .centre {
    position: absolute;
    left: 15%;
    top: 15%;
    width: 70%; height: 70%;
    border-radius: 50%;
    background: white;
    margin: 0;
}

.pie {
    position: relative;
    margin: 1em auto;
    padding: 0;
    width: 28em; height: 28em;
    list-style: none;
    background: white;
}

.slice {
    overflow: hidden;
    top: 0; right: 0;
    width: 50%; height: 50%;
    transform-origin: 0% 100%;
    border: 0px solid purple;
}
.slice-contents {
    left: -100%;
    width: 200%; height: 200%;
    background: #0680af;
}

#slice0 {transform: rotate(-76deg) skewX(-76deg);}
#slice-contents0 {transform: skewX(76deg);}
#slice1 {transform: rotate(-60deg) skewX(-76deg);}
#slice-contents1 {transform: skewX(76deg);}
#slice2 {transform: rotate(-44deg) skewX(-76deg);}
#slice-contents2 {transform: skewX(76deg);}
#slice3 {transform: rotate(-28deg) skewX(-76deg);}
#slice-contents3 {transform: skewX(76deg);}

</style>

<body>
    <ul class='pie'>
        <li class='slice' id='slice0'><div class='slice-contents' id='slice-contents0'></div></li>
        <li class='slice' id='slice1'><div class='slice-contents' id='slice-contents1'></div></li>
        <li class='slice' id='slice2'><div class='slice-contents' id='slice-contents2'></div></li>
        <li class='slice' id='slice3'><div class='slice-contents' id='slice-contents3'></div></li>
        <li class='centre'><div class='centre-contents'></div></li>

</ul>
</body>
Attachments
CircleSegmentBrowsers2lowres.jpg
The same webpage on iceweasel (top left), chromium (bottom left), kweb (top right), kweb3 (bottom right). Iceweasel shows the page correctly
CircleSegmentBrowsers2lowres.jpg (35.25 KiB) Viewed 2552 times

gkreidl

Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:07 pm

Seems to be a problem with all webkit based browsers (chromium on the RPi is also based on webkit but uses its own libraries).

Return to “Raspbian”