jakky567

Re: Minimal Kiosk Browser

Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:56 am

gkreidl wrote:
jakky567 wrote: I'm in the United States, I think that particular example is blocked wherever you're at unfortunately.
run

Code: Select all

youtube-dl -g https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVr4h7A3BWM
from the command line. What does it report?
Error: command youtube-dl not found

gkreidl

Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:02 am

jakky567 wrote:
gkreidl wrote:
jakky567 wrote: I'm in the United States, I think that particular example is blocked wherever you're at unfortunately.
run

Error: command youtube-dl not found
Didn't you install it during installation of the kweb package? Does the folder "/home/pi/youtube-dl" exist?
If not, run:

ginstall-ytdl
If it does exist, run

update-ytdl
(this should also create the symbolic link again).
Minimal Kiosk Browser (kweb)
Slim, fast webkit browser with support for audio+video+playlists+youtube+pdf+download
Optional fullscreen kiosk mode and command interface for embedded applications
Includes omxplayerGUI, an X front end for omxplayer

jakky567

Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:16 pm

I did a full reinstall and have noted it's just videos blocked in Germany that do not work. Oh well.

wmwood

Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:14 pm

When displaying a video via an iframe's src value does the browser emit any javascript events for on video end or finish or video error?

Also does anyone have any experience with kweb3's performance of an angularjs app?
I'd like to build a simple digital signage app and I'm considering using angularjs and kweb3 for the client.

Thanks!

gkreidl

Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:54 am

wmwood wrote:When displaying a video via an iframe's src value does the browser emit any javascript events for on video end or finish or video error?

Also does anyone have any experience with kweb3's performance of an angularjs app?
I'd like to build a simple digital signage app and I'm considering using angularjs and kweb3 for the client.

Thanks!
No, but with the help of the ytdl-server (running on the local RPi) you can send dbus commands to the player which may return values. It's possible to get get the duration and the current position of the video.
Check the developer's section of the omxplayerGUI manual for details.
Slim, fast webkit browser with support for audio+video+playlists+youtube+pdf+download

arielf

Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:51 pm

I am using a translator, my English is not good.
I installed the plugien in google chroem and it works wonders, I just wanted to see if you may repodusca a list of youtube videos without stopping, as I now play a single video and to continue should precionar play in the proxime video. It's not like browser directly put autoplay videos on youtube and passes the list. Thank you

gkreidl

Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:43 pm

arielf wrote:I am using a translator, my English is not good.
I installed the plugien in google chroem and it works wonders, I just wanted to see if you may repodusca a list of youtube videos without stopping, as I now play a single video and to continue should precionar play in the proxime video. It's not like browser directly put autoplay videos on youtube and passes the list. Thank you
The translator may be worse than your English :-) I don't really get what you mean.
The combination of chromium-broser, rpi-youtube plugin and omxplayerGUI will work for channels, playlists and search results but you ma have to wait for 30 seconds or more, before it starts playing. The player window will contain a list of all videos found and play them one after the other.

jakky567

Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:38 am

gkreidl wrote:
run

After a full reinstall of kweb, this got me this in the terminal

https://r3---sn-n0qqxoapo3-utgl.googlev ... bypass=yes

jakky567

Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:54 am

Running that link in Omxplayergui closes the gui when opened.

gkreidl

Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:13 am

jakky567 wrote:Running that link in Omxplayergui closes the gui when opened.
try (from a terminal)
omxplayer "link"
where "link" is the link you got from youtube-dl (must be quoted!)
If you get the famous "Have a nice day", run
omxplayer -i "link"

The link might have been expired, so get it again before you test it with omxplayer.

pafazil

Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:06 pm

I'm using omxplayer gui for a kiosk code. I only want the play button, timeline and close button. Is it possible to hide all other buttons?

-
Fazil

dougyy

Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:42 am

I'm running kweb3 on a Jessie build.
In the bookmark utility i've created a link

http://login:passwd@IP:PORT/live?cameraNum=0&cameraNum=1&cameraNum=2&cameraNum=3&viewMethod=0
which works perfectly. When I put the same address into the URL start page box of the configuration page and save it the address comes back truncated before the first ampersand. Do I need an escape character to use the ampersand character in the text box?

jakky567

Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:18 am

Here is the result!
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ omxplayer "https://r3---sn-n0qqxoapo3-utgl.googlev ... 1469520769"
have a nice day ;)

[1]+ Stopped omxplayer https://r3---sn-n0qqxoapo3-utgl.googlev ... ps=2131250
[16] Done itag=43
[17] Done requiressl=yes
[20] Done mn=sn-n0qqxoapo3-utgl
[26] Done sver=3
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ omxplayer -i "https://r3---sn-n0qqxoapo3-utgl.googlev ... 1469520769"
Input #0, matroska,webm, from 'https://r3---sn-n0qqxoapo3-utgl.googlev ... 1469520769':
Metadata:
encoder : Google
Duration: 00:22:36.62, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 604 kb/s
Stream #0:0: Video: vp8, yuv420p, 472x360, SAR 1:1 DAR 59:45, 29.97 fps, 29.97 tbr, 1k tbn, 1k tbc (default)
Stream #0:1: Audio: vorbis, 44100 Hz, stereo, fltp (default)
have a nice day ;)

gkreidl

Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:14 am

You need the extended firmware to play VP8 video. In /boot/config.txt add

start_x=1
and reboot.

jakky567

Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:21 am

gkreidl wrote:You need the extended firmware to play VP8 video. In /boot/config.txt add

start_x=1
and reboot.
Thank you for that, I forgot I turned off the camera module when I was messing around with the opengl driver. Very much appreciated, keep up the great work. Out of curiosity, is there anyway to specify what video compression format YouTube-dl pulls?

gkreidl

Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:35 am

jakky567 wrote: Thank you for that, I forgot I turned off the camera module when I was messing around with the opengl driver. Very much appreciated, keep up the great work. Out of curiosity, is there anyway to specify what video compression format YouTube-dl pulls?
Yes, a lot. omxplayerGUI uses by default:
-f best
This will produce the best resolution which sends video and audio in one stream. On youtube this is usually 720p (1080p would be send as separate audio and video streams which omxplayer cannot handle). On vimeo.com this will usually be 1080p. There are lots options for youtube-dl, but not all will work with omxplayerGUI.

gkreidl

Version 1.7.3

Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:18 am

Version 1.7.3 is now available.
You can update from within kweb or from kusti8's repository.
I've also rewritten the OP to better match current development.

cjan

Re: Kweb Suite (Minimal Kiosk Browser)

Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:02 am

O..p, update...forgot omxplayer-gui setting save file name, where is it location?

gkreidl

Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:56 am

cjan wrote:O..p, update...forgot omxplayer-gui setting save file name, where is it location?
The settings are in /usr/local/share/kweb_settings.py
But you should better use the web interface. Start omxplayerGUI from the program menu and click on "Edit Settings".
If you had created your own preset before, you can get your settings back (after an upgrade) by clicking the preset's name.

Jsprs

Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:00 pm

Hi!

First to start with, thank you for your browser.
For me it was easy to install en use.
Second I'm a noob.
I'm trying to load this page in kiosk mode http://www.buienradar.nl/nederland/neer ... dig-scherm but is doesn't load fully.
I don't know what is.
Because this page does load http://www.buienradar.nl/nederland/neerslag/buienradar and I 'think' it's the same page except the other weather view is bigger.

Hope you can help me, or explain what the problem is or even help me.
That would be great.

Greetings,

Jsprs

gkreidl

Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:15 am

Jsprs wrote:Hi!

First to start with, thank you for your browser.
For me it was easy to install en use.
Second I'm a noob.
I'm trying to load this page in kiosk mode http://www.buienradar.nl/nederland/neer ... dig-scherm but is doesn't load fully.
I don't know what is.
Because this page does load http://www.buienradar.nl/nederland/neerslag/buienradar and I 'think' it's the same page except the other weather view is bigger.

Hope you can help me, or explain what the problem is or even help me.
That would be great.

Greetings,

Jsprs
This page is built completely from Javascript and contains browser-specific code. It doesn't work in any webkit based browser. In Firefox it has bugs (a flashing blue bar), in chromium it works until you do too much zooming.

Brutick

Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:43 pm

Does there happen to be any way that I could execute a script upon page load using KWeb commands? The problem I'm having is that the webpage automatically moves between content of different file types, but when I try to move from a PDF file to a normal webpage, evince stays on top of the KWeb window.

Basically the script would kill evince when a page is loaded, so that KWeb would be the foremost application again.

Any help with this is appreciated.

gkreidl

Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:55 am

Brutick wrote:Does there happen to be any way that I could execute a script upon page load using KWeb commands? The problem I'm having is that the webpage automatically moves between content of different file types, but when I try to move from a PDF file to a normal webpage, evince stays on top of the KWeb window.

Basically the script would kill evince when a page is loaded, so that KWeb would be the foremost application again.

Any help with this is appreciated.
If the HTML pages are local files, it's easy. If they come from web server it is more complicated but can be done; it's possible to transfer the command interface to a certain URL (L option). It has not been tested very much. I would use local files for development and transfer it to a server if everything is working well.
The script itself must be on the client. To avoid a terminal popping up you have to add it to the direct_command list.
It's important to understand how the command interface works (manual page 62 and following)

arielf

Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:27 pm

someone can tell me if youtube videos alone without precionar start the play button? autoplay option

gkreidl

Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:21 pm

arielf wrote:someone can tell me if youtube videos alone without precionar start the play button? autoplay option
No. Not possible.

Return to “Raspbian”