Bought a new Pi Zero W from MicroCenter today ($3.14 deal).
I downloaded the latest Raspbian Stretch Lite zip, and every time I write it to my SD card, the "boot" partition is not recognized by any OS (Windows, Mac or Linux).
I tried the following:
- Extracted .img file and wrote via Etcher on both Mac and Windows.
- Did not extract file, and wrote via Etcher on both Mac and Windows.
- Also tried writing the .img with Win32DiskImager (both 0.9.5 and 1.0.0) on Windows.
- Tried Rufus to write .img file on Windows.
- Downloaded the file on my existing Pi v3, and wrote to SD via dd (both extracted, and unzip piped).
- Tried 2 other SD cards, all have the same issue.
When plugging in the SD card via a USB adapter, Windows pops up asking if I want to format.
When plugging into Mac, similar message to initialize.
When attempting to mount on linux I get "mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sda1"
I also tried to do all of the above with the "Full Gui Image" , with the same results.....
Any ideas, at my wits end?