Kratos

LXTerminal in the Background

Sun May 14, 2017 11:23 pm

I was wondering if it is possible to embed the terminal in a standard PIXEL image. I have seen screenshots of this, and it look really cool in my opinion. I want the terminal to be usable, but I also do not want it to cover my background shortcuts. It this possible? If so, how?
I have posted mostly with a Pi 2 running either Ubuntu MATE, or Raspbian.

linux_author

Re: LXTerminal in the Background

Mon May 15, 2017 11:56 am

you mean, something like this?:

http://www.eterm.org/

i don't think lxterminal has a transparency option, but Eterm does!

(you may also need to fiddle with some utils to get the transparency or set the background images)

hth,

willie
on the Enlightenment Gulf of Mexico

Kratos

Re: LXTerminal in the Background

Tue May 16, 2017 10:34 pm

Sorta, yeah. Except eterm would shoot out errors at my when trying to start. Probably just some dumb little mistake of mine. Not wanting any further delay, I tried something else.

I figured out that it is possible to make lxterminal psuedo transparent. The only problem was that I could not figure out how to add a new profile to lxterminal. That meant any other terminal I opened was trying to blend into my wallpaper. All said and done, I installed Tilda, made it start open LXDE loading, and it works beautifully. It looks awesome with the GLMatrix screensaver running. Who says a pi can't have a little eye candy 8-) ? Old school terminal green is the best. Even today.
Pic:

I 'shopped out anything possibly incriminating. :D Also, I only edited a conky .conf file off the internet, it isn't completely original. The only reason conky was at 15.38% CPU was because I had it refreshing every 20th of a second. Otherwise, it eats much less CPU.

Kratos
I have posted mostly with a Pi 2 running either Ubuntu MATE, or Raspbian.

Return to “Raspbian”