geoffr

Apple wireless keyboard on RPi 3

Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:29 pm

I have for a while been using an Apple wireless keyboard and magic mouse with a RPI 3, doing the pairing of both devices through the GUI. A recent update seems to have affected the wireless keyboard. - I am now struggling to get it to pair via the GUI, and if it does, it doesn't function properly - it either does not detect keypresses, or it repeats them. After a bit of trying with bluetoothctl, I was able to get it to pair successfully, and in the end get the pairing to survive a reboot.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

kazander

Re: Apple wireless keyboard on RPi 3

Tue May 30, 2017 7:12 pm

Had the identical problem myself earlier (viewtopic.php?t=174061)

Gave up back then, but found the following thread now about number of BT devices connected did matter somehow (but not a power supply problem) for the BT keyboard to function properly without lags: viewtopic.php?t=147316

So I tried myself disconnecting my BT apple mouse as I always had been having, and only having my BT apple keyboard connected, it instantly worked properly! Also got both the BT mouse & BT keyboard to work simultaneously with Wifi turned off, as people also had observed in that thread. Really curious about the technical explanation of this :-)

Luckly I had a other wireless mouse with a USB dongle lying around I could replace the BT apple mouse with, on my low budget build

Return to “Raspbian”