distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
kodi : Depends: libgif5 but it is not installable or
libgif7 but it is not installable
Depends: libcec4 but it is not installable
Recommends: libva-intel-vaapi-driver but it is not installable
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
It looks like you didn't setup the repositories correctly. Follow the instructions again, and since it seems it is a Raspberry Pi 2, make sure you add the main repo besides the armv7 one.

cjan

Re: Kodi 15/16 Packages for Raspbian

Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:50 pm

Rascas wrote:It looks like you didn't setup the repositories correctly. Follow the instructions again, and since it seems it is a Raspberry Pi 2, make sure you add the main repo besides the armv7 one.
ok, change repo from armv7 to main, error still remain

Preparing to unpack .../libp8-platform2_2.1.0.1~jessie_armhf.deb ...
Unpacking libp8-platform2:armhf (2.1.0.1~jessie) ...
dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/libp8-platform2_2.1.0.1~jessie_armhf.deb (--unpack):
trying to overwrite '/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libp8-platform.so.2', which is also in package libp8-platform2v4:armhf 2.0.1+dfsg1-1~bpo8+1
Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/cache/apt/archives/libp8-platform2_2.1.0.1~jessie_armhf.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Rascas

Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:00 pm

cjan wrote:
Rascas wrote:It looks like you didn't setup the repositories correctly. Follow the instructions again, and since it seems it is a Raspberry Pi 2, make sure you add the main repo besides the armv7 one.
ok, change repo from armv7 to main, error still remain

Preparing to unpack .../libp8-platform2_2.1.0.1~jessie_armhf.deb ...
Unpacking libp8-platform2:armhf (2.1.0.1~jessie) ...
dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/libp8-platform2_2.1.0.1~jessie_armhf.deb (--unpack):
trying to overwrite '/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libp8-platform.so.2', which is also in package libp8-platform2v4:armhf 2.0.1+dfsg1-1~bpo8+1
Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/cache/apt/archives/libp8-platform2_2.1.0.1~jessie_armhf.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
If you are on a Raspberry Pi 2, it is recommended to add the main and armv7, like explained in instructions. Both!

But your problem now is that you aren't running plain Raspbian Jessie. Or you have other conflicting repos. Only plain Raspbian Jessie is supported.

cjan

Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:32 am

Rascas wrote:If you are on a Raspberry Pi 2, it is recommended to add the main and armv7, like explained in instructions. Both!

But your problem now is that you aren't running plain Raspbian Jessie. Or you have other conflicting repos. Only plain Raspbian Jessie is supported.
done, thanks.
17 seems a little slower than 16.1 on Pi2.

Rascas

Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:44 am

cjan wrote:
Rascas wrote:If you are on a Raspberry Pi 2, it is recommended to add the main and armv7, like explained in instructions. Both!

done, thanks.
17 seems a little slower than 16.1 on Pi2.
Overall I think it is faster, PVRs are much faster for ex. The new skin may be a little slower.

AikonCWD

Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:26 am

Hi Rascas!

Can you post here all the steps to configure sources.list, adding your repo for main and arm7, installing kodi, creating the groups, adding permissions... all the steps we need to do to get this working nice from Raspbian Jessie? Thanks man! :)
My e-mail = aikon.bcn@gmail.com

Rascas

Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:52 pm

AikonCWD wrote:Hi Rascas!

Can you post here all the steps to configure sources.list, adding your repo for main and arm7, installing kodi, creating the groups, adding permissions... all the steps we need to do to get this working nice from Raspbian Jessie? Thanks man! :)
Yes I will create a new topic with all the information needed on how to install Kodi 17 on Raspbian, but for now I am quite busy, some time later.

gkreidl

Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:09 pm

Rascas wrote:
AikonCWD wrote:Hi Rascas!

Yes I will create a new topic with all the information needed on how to install Kodi 17 on Raspbian, but for now I am quite busy, some time later.
You could also add it here and I'll put a link into the OP (and change the title to include 17).
Minimal Kiosk Browser (kweb)
Slim, fast webkit browser with support for audio+video+playlists+youtube+pdf+download
Optional fullscreen kiosk mode and command interface for embedded applications
Includes omxplayerGUI, an X front end for omxplayer

bacsom

Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:16 pm

Dear All,

We have been using T3 remotes with Raspbian. Unfortunately while they work with most of the programs, they don't under KODI (16 and now 17, PiPlware package). The mouse mode works, but not the keys. I have tried evtest, and while the program refuses to register my regular keyboard when I am under KODI ("This device is grabbed by another process."), it happily shows all of the keystrokes of T3. Any ideas? Is it possible that this problem has to do something with the PiPlware solution of the black screen issue? Because KODI 15.2 from the official repo works fine (and has the black screen issue).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

tOz666

Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:02 pm

bacsom wrote:Dear All,

We have been using T3 remotes with Raspbian. Unfortunately while they work with most of the programs, they don't under KODI (16 and now 17, PiPlware package). The mouse mode works, but not the keys. I have tried evtest, and while the program refuses to register my regular keyboard when I am under KODI ("This device is grabbed by another process."), it happily shows all of the keystrokes of T3. Any ideas? Is it possible that this problem has to do something with the PiPlware solution of the black screen issue? Because KODI 15.2 from the official repo works fine (and has the black screen issue).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Same here, mouse works, keyboard works in console mode, but when I start Kodi it doesn't type or navigate through menus. Kodi 16.1 was fine.
Any advice?

Rascas

Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:18 pm

@bacsom @tOz666 Please post your Kodi logs:
http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy

bacsom

Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:47 pm

Rascas wrote:@bacsom @tOz666 Please post your Kodi logs:
Dear Rascas,

Here is the log:
paste.ubuntu.com/23956386

It didn't work for me under 16.1 on Raspbian (piplware repo), but it used to work under Libreelec. Today I tried it under 7.95.2 and it neither works there. So it is possible, that there are two separate issues.

Thank you for your time.

Rascas

Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:12 pm

bacsom wrote:
Rascas wrote:@bacsom @tOz666 Please post your Kodi logs:
Dear Rascas,

Here is the log:
paste.ubuntu.com/23956386

It didn't work for me under 16.1 on Raspbian (piplware repo), but it used to work under Libreelec. Today I tried it under 7.95.2 and it neither works there. So it is possible, that there are two separate issues.

Thank you for your time.
Well, the remote is detected (3 separate devices, 1 mouse + 2 keyboards), but then there's lots of unrecognized keys (WARNING: CLinuxInputDevice::RelEvent: Unknown rel event code: X).
Since it also doesn't work in LibreELEC it is most likely a Linux Kernel driver issue (which would have to be fixed by the brand preferebly and commited to the linux kernel tree) or an internal Kodi issue. I cannot do much in here. Try to open a new topic with your issue in kodi forums.

PS: OSMC seems to have also the same problem, unfixed till now: https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/my-rf-remot ... -v17/22118

bacsom

Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:51 pm

Dear Rascas,

Thank you for that forum suggestion, it really helped. It seems that the problem can be solved by following the instructions here: https://github.com/denilsonsa/udev-joystick-blacklist , and adding the remote to the list. :-) I am happy now!

samuel88

Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:00 pm

Hi I hope someone can help me to set Kodi to auto startup, I have installed the version 17 from pipplware source provided by Rascas, raspbian version jessie. My problem is when I will change the value ENABLE=1 on /etc/default/kodi the file doesen't exist, so I have create a new one with all the values:
ENABLED=1
USER=pi
NICE=0

and saved it, but after restart nothing happend, even the configuration for the permissions was done by the tutorial provided from Rascas, the only problem is the autostart.

Please if someone could help me ....
Thanks.

Rascas

Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:38 pm

samuel88 wrote:Hi I hope someone can help me to set Kodi to auto startup, I have installed the version 17 from pipplware source provided by Rascas, raspbian version jessie. My problem is when I will change the value ENABLE=1 on /etc/default/kodi the file doesen't exist, so I have create a new one with all the values:
ENABLED=1
USER=pi
NICE=0

and saved it, but after restart nothing happend, even the configuration for the permissions was done by the tutorial provided from Rascas, the only problem is the autostart.

Thanks.
The Kodi Debian packages doesn't include the init.d script anymore, they are made using CPACK now. But you can use the old /etc/init.d/kodi script in previous packages, it should work. Or create a systemd script.

samuel88

Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:21 pm

Rascas wrote:
samuel88 wrote:Hi I hope someone can help me to set Kodi to auto startup, I have installed the version 17 from pipplware source provided by Rascas, raspbian version jessie. My problem is when I will change the value ENABLE=1 on /etc/default/kodi the file doesen't exist, so I have create a new one with all the values:
ENABLED=1
USER=pi
NICE=0

Thanks.
The Kodi Debian packages doesn't include the init.d script anymore, they are made using CPACK now. But you can use the old /etc/init.d/kodi script in previous packages, it should work. Or create a systemd script.
Thank you Rascas, it work with adding a new systemd script, I found it on the Wiki page of Kodi.
But one question is it real necessary to create the user "kodi" to login? Can I not use the "pi" user? by editing

Code: Select all

[Service]
User = kodi
Group = kodi
to

[Service]
User = pi
Group = pi

Rascas

Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:29 pm

samuel88 wrote:
Rascas wrote:
ENABLED=1
USER=pi
NICE=0

Thanks.
Thank you Rascas, it work with adding a new systemd script, I found it on the Wiki page of Kodi.
But one question is it real necessary to create the user "kodi" to login? Can I not use the "pi" user? by editing

[Service]
User = kodi
Group = kodi
to

[Service]
User = pi
Group = pi
Yes, you can use whatever user you want, you just have to make sure that user belongs to some groups to be able to access the video/GPU, input, etc. You have the instructions on how to do that in first post.

gkreidl

Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:43 pm

If you want to start kodi from the command line or desktop it's better to use the main user (pi).
Minimal Kiosk Browser (kweb)
Slim, fast webkit browser with support for audio+video+playlists+youtube+pdf+download
Optional fullscreen kiosk mode and command interface for embedded applications
Includes omxplayerGUI, an X front end for omxplayer

samuel88

Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:53 pm

I changed to pi since it is easier to manage the home folder and it has already all the permissions.
Now I'm facing another problem that I never had with wheezy, I can not auto-mount the usb drives for reading/writing.
So far I installed the ntfs-3, usbmount and udev (https://www.axllent.org/docs/view/auto- ... b-storage/) after the last one I can see the drives in Kodi but can not access I got the message: Page not found or invalid, even with the ssh terminal I can see that they are mounted but I can not access. Any idea? Can it be while I'm using the lite version of raspbian and there are missing packages that are needed?
If someone could help me...
Thanks

Rascas

Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:55 pm

samuel88 wrote:I changed to pi since it is easier to manage the home folder and it has already all the permissions.
Now I'm facing another problem that I never had with wheezy, I can not auto-mount the usb drives for reading/writing.
So far I installed the ntfs-3, usbmount and udev (https://www.axllent.org/docs/view/auto- ... b-storage/) after the last one I can see the drives in Kodi but can not access I got the message: Page not found or invalid, even with the ssh terminal I can see that they are mounted but I can not access. Any idea? Can it be while I'm using the lite version of raspbian and there are missing packages that are needed?
If someone could help me...
Thanks
As far as I know, Raspbian doesn't have an automount system, unless it has now something part of "Pixel Desktop". If it has, or you configure some automount system (usbmount, udevil, fstab, whatever), and the user running Kodi can read/write into, it should work. It is difficult so see your problem with only that information.
You can also run "kodi-standalone" instead of just "kodi" and you will have an automount feature inside Kodi. I personnally use "kodi" and a custom udevil instead of "kodi-standalone" because off bugs in that when exiting Kodi.

tristanc

Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:29 pm

Hello friends, I also have problems starting kodi on boot with raspbian jessi.
I use this script in /etc/systemd/system/kodi.service

Unit]
Description = Kodi Media Center

# if you don't need the MySQL DB backend, this should be sufficient
After = systemd-user-sessions.service network.target sound.target

# if you need the MySQL DB backend, use this block instead of the previous
# After = systemd-user-sessions.service network.target sound.target mysql.service
# Wants = mysql.service

[Service]
User = pi
Group = pi
Type = simple
#PAMName = login # you might want to try this one, did not work on all systems
ExecStart = /usr/bin/xinit /usr/bin/dbus-launch --exit-with-session /usr/bin/kodi-standalone -- :0 -nolisten tcp vt7
Restart = on-abort
RestartSec = 5

[Install]
WantedBy = multi-user.target
I try to start (and stop) Kodi to make sure the script is working properly

# systemctl start kodi
# systemctl stop kodi
but I have a message " Failed to start kodi.service: Access denied " I use the first post manual to install kodi17 and it works fine

Thank you very much!

Rascas

Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:24 pm

tristanc wrote:Hello friends, I also have problems starting kodi on boot with raspbian jessi.
I use this script in /etc/systemd/system/kodi.service

Unit]

# if you don't need the MySQL DB backend, this should be sufficient
After = systemd-user-sessions.service network.target sound.target

# if you need the MySQL DB backend, use this block instead of the previous
# After = systemd-user-sessions.service network.target sound.target mysql.service
# Wants = mysql.service

[Service]
User = pi
Group = pi
Type = simple
#PAMName = login # you might want to try this one, did not work on all systems
ExecStart = /usr/bin/xinit /usr/bin/dbus-launch --exit-with-session /usr/bin/kodi-standalone -- :0 -nolisten tcp vt7
Restart = on-abort
RestartSec = 5

[Install]
I try to start (and stop) Kodi to make sure the script is working properly

# systemctl start kodi
# systemctl stop kodi
but I have a message " Failed to start kodi.service: Access denied " I use the first post manual to install kodi17 and it works fine

Thank you very much!
Try this at /lib/systemd/system/kodi.service (not tested):

[Unit]
After = remote-fs.target
Wants = network-online.target

[Service]
User = pi
Group = pi
Type = simple
ExecStart = /usr/bin/kodi
Restart = on-failure
RestartSec = 5

[Install]
Last edited by Rascas on Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

cjan

Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:37 am

does 17.1 RC = 17.1 ?
and, dvb-t channels audio and video not sync, not too much its only SD format.

Rascas

Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:44 am

cjan wrote:does 17.1 RC = 17.1 ?
and, dvb-t channels audio and video not sync, not too much its only SD format.
Almost, 17.1 RC2 is just 3 or 4 commits behind.
No problem here with dvb-t channels, h264. Just like the previous versions. If in your country/provider it is mpeg-2, and you are not using RPi 3, it maybe worth buying th mpeg-2 license.

Return to “Raspbian”