stevepdp

The Linux Action Show's First Look at the Raspberry Pi

Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:28 am

The chaps from the Linux Action Show have posted their first look at the Raspberry Pi (starts at 41:00)

Overall a very positive opinion of the Pi, and plenty of interesting project ideas.

W. H. Heydt

Re: The Linux Action Show's First Look at the Raspberry Pi

Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:43 am

That's an interesting segment... I don't think the hosts paid much--if any--attention to the Foundation's *intended* use of the Pi, but they certainly had a lot of ideas for uses. They also seemed to be unclear that Model A isn't available yet at all.

One thing I thought was very well done was emphasizing that a Pi can really only do one thing at a time, including mentioning that if you try to do too much, it'll really be brought to it's knees and that it is decidedly NOT a desktop (or even laptop) replacement,

On the whole, a good presentation and well worth watching, though I would hesitate to show it to a naive beginner.

t1ggermoth

Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:42 pm

It's about 42 minutes into the video if you want to skip straight to the Raspberry Pi bit by the way.

They are very enthusiastic!

gritz

Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:18 am

t1ggermoth wrote:They are very enthusiastic!
Jeez, it's like the Muppet Show, but without the humour. Or the songs. Or the characters. Or any trace of content. Truly awful, but at least it was free. Never again. :o

Return to “General discussion”