zupervinn
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:03 pm

where to buy Raspberry pi 2

Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:07 pm

Hi everyone,

I've ordered a Pi 2 from Allied Electronics and they advised that it will take 8-10 weeks... that's just crazy.

Other than the distributors raspberrypi.org had suggested, RS - Egoman - Allied electronics -elmeenti4, is there anywhere else where i can trust to buy the raspberry pi 2? I've found other sites that suggested they can ship by 2-25-2015. is that even realistic??

please let me know.
Last edited by zupervinn on Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Posts: 24139
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:41 pm

Re: where to buy Raspberry pi 2

Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:41 pm

I don't think it will take that long - they are making 20k per day to fill up the pipeline. People who were quoted March have already received their Pi2's.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
“I think it’s wrong that only one company makes the game Monopoly.” – Steven Wright

zupervinn
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:03 pm

Re: where to buy Raspberry pi 2

Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:43 pm

jamesh, where did they order from?

User avatar
FredOak3
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:02 am

Re: where to buy Raspberry pi 2

Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:00 pm

Ordered mine yesterday from http://www.newark.com/

zupervinn
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:03 pm

Re: where to buy Raspberry pi 2

Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:53 pm

crazy lead time! is it worth waiting? I see kits of raspberry pi B+ for 65 bucks lol

4,856 Further stock expected to ship on Feb 19, 2015
1,200 Further stock expected to ship on Mar 3, 2015
2,700 Further stock expected to ship on Mar 9, 2015
Per the manufacturer, more stock expected week of 3/16/15

BMS Doug
Posts: 3824
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:42 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: where to buy Raspberry pi 2

Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:38 pm

zupervinn wrote:crazy lead time! is it worth waiting? I see kits of raspberry pi B+ for 65 bucks lol

4,856 Further stock expected to ship on Feb 19, 2015
1,200 Further stock expected to ship on Mar 3, 2015
2,700 Further stock expected to ship on Mar 9, 2015
Per the manufacturer, more stock expected week of 3/16/15
Well that's up to you, if you need a pi soon or can afford a B+ kit and a pi2 then don't wait.

If this will be your only pi then you should wait for the pi2 (also depending on your project).
Doug.
Building Management Systems Engineer.

zupervinn
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:03 pm

Re: where to buy Raspberry pi 2

Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:50 pm

Omg. It's shipped! I hope it's a legit site lol we'll see. Got it from Mcm electronics!!

Ps: it will be my first n only pi :)

DirkS
Posts: 10017
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:46 pm
Location: Essex, UK

Re: where to buy Raspberry pi 2

Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:43 am

zupervinn wrote:Omg. It's shipped! I hope it's a legit site lol we'll see. Got it from Mcm electronics!!
They're part of one of the two main distributors (http://www.mcmelectronics.com/content/en-US/about).
Enjoy your Pi!

zupervinn
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:03 pm

Re: where to buy Raspberry pi 2

Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:15 pm

Thanks everyone! I'm excited to be part of the pi community !!

far2shok
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:53 pm

Re: where to buy Raspberry pi 2

Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:05 pm

I got my from newit.co.uk

Newbeginning
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:55 pm

Re: where to buy Raspberry pi 2

Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:34 pm

If anyone in the Toronto area ( GTA west ) want to buy mine which is brand new I will sell it for $50 Canadian ...
PM if interested

LienRag
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 6:03 pm

Re: where to buy Raspberry pi 2

Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:32 pm

Are Red Pi 2 available?
A friend of mine is traveling to China, I'd like to ask him to bring me a couple of them, but he's not a computer guy so I need to tell him exactly what to buy (and maybe where to buy them)....

By the way, why am I able to comment on some Raspberry.org notes but not on others (especially on the one about the Red Pi: http://www.raspberrypi.org/red-pi-at-night/ so I could ask the question about Red Pi 2 directly there)?

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Posts: 24139
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:41 pm

Re: where to buy Raspberry pi 2

Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:23 pm

LienRag wrote:Are Red Pi 2 available?
A friend of mine is traveling to China, I'd like to ask him to bring me a couple of them, but he's not a computer guy so I need to tell him exactly what to buy (and maybe where to buy them)....

By the way, why am I able to comment on some Raspberry.org notes but not on others (especially on the one about the Red Pi: http://www.raspberrypi.org/red-pi-at-night/ so I could ask the question about Red Pi 2 directly there)?
Forums have a different moderation scheme to the blog comments.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
“I think it’s wrong that only one company makes the game Monopoly.” – Steven Wright

LienRag
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 6:03 pm

Re: where to buy Raspberry pi 2

Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:58 pm

jamesh wrote:
LienRag wrote:Are Red Pi 2 available?
A friend of mine is traveling to China, I'd like to ask him to bring me a couple of them, but he's not a computer guy so I need to tell him exactly what to buy (and maybe where to buy them)....

By the way, why am I able to comment on some Raspberry.org notes but not on others (especially on the one about the Red Pi: http://www.raspberrypi.org/red-pi-at-night/ so I could ask the question about Red Pi 2 directly there)?
Forums have a different moderation scheme to the blog comments.
Okay, and?
Because I remember being able to reply or add comments on other blog comments (which I didn't since I had nothing of value to add or to ask on the specific topic covered)...

User avatar
kusti8
Posts: 3439
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:29 pm
Location: USA

Re: where to buy Raspberry pi 2

Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:53 pm

This is a forum, where there aren't necessarily comments, but posts.

Some threads are locked by mods so you can't post to them. All the other ones you can.
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bruny
Posts: 159
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:22 pm

Re: where to buy Raspberry pi 2

Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:59 am

LienRag wrote:Are Red Pi 2 available?
By the way, why am I able to comment on some Raspberry.org notes but not on others (especially on the one about the Red Pi: http://www.raspberrypi.org/red-pi-at-night/ so I could ask the question about Red Pi 2 directly there)?
too old?

LienRag
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 6:03 pm

Re: where to buy Raspberry pi 2

Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:36 pm

Well, maybe...

Anyway, does anybody know whether there are Red Raspberry Pi 2?

Return to “General discussion”