OSIAS

Expanding Disc Size?

Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:58 pm

So again I am stumped on something. I have moved enough roms the 8gb's it says it has is full. However I have tri boot running on a 64gb stick. Easily I have another 30gb + available.

So I launch reptro-pie
exit it run sudo ./retropie_setup.sh
Run the expander in the blue menu and it gives me an error and doesn't do it.

Command prmpt
expand_rootfs or even with sudo that doesn't work either

The other tutorials I have found seem much more complicated and or unclear to me

Dynamically extend the partition -- doesn't make much sense to me and seems hairy.
http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewt ... f=5&t=5584

Gparted seems another way to go about doing it I am backing up my SD image first.

However I am looking for advice as to the safest and easiest way to edit partitions and please remember I am using berry boot with 3 different OS's on the 64gb disc. Would like to be able to manage it all. Berry boot doesn't seem to have anything baked in for that either.

Please advise

W. H. Heydt

Re: Expanding Disc Size?

Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:52 pm

SAfest and easiest is to use raspi-config. There is an option to expand the file system to take the whole card (except for the FAT partition used to boot the Pi). You'll need to use "sudo raspi-config" if not doing it on first boot, and you'll need to reboot after the operation completes to make it effective.

DirkS

Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:06 pm

W. H. Heydt wrote:SAfest and easiest is to use raspi-config. There is an option to expand the file system to take the whole card (except for the FAT partition used to boot the Pi). You'll need to use "sudo raspi-config" if not doing it on first boot, and you'll need to reboot after the operation completes to make it effective.
If I read the top post correctly OP uses berryboot. I don't think you can expand OS images in berryboot with raspi-config...

Gr.
Dirk.

asandford

Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:44 pm

If you install gparted (the GUI frontend to parted), it should take care of it 'behind the scenes', and just require a reboot.

Edited to say that if the partion you want to resize isn't the last one on the device, then you may have some work to do...

Return to “General discussion”