Page 22 of 32

Re: Order and Shipping update from RS & Allied

Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:28 pm
by Der_Hexer
I ordered on july 21st with order no. 902xx together with a clear case.
Still no e-mail or shipment-info. Wonder why RS is talking about numbers >100.000 while mine hasn't been shipped yet... Sad :-(

Re: Order and Shipping update from RS & Allied

Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:08 pm
by W. H. Heydt
iscroman wrote:RS Suck! I'm thinking seriously about the cancelation. :evil:

Element14 have this message in her webpage "Order today for expected delivery within 3 weeks!" but they has 0 in stock. It's very weird. :shock:

Somebody have ordered with Element14 the last days? What's the estimated time of delivery that they are given to new orders? It's 3 weeks like they say in her webpage? :?

If I cancel my order today when I going to get my money back? Somebody has cancelled her order the last days? :?:

Stupid RS, another 8 weeks! ... But remember guys, there's no reason for complaint! (sarcasm)...
larstas wrote:According to the new shipping table, u'll get yours after 19th November.
Mine should come a week earlier.
This is nonsense... Delay up to 8 weeks more. I'll never buy anything from RS.
I put an order in with Newark/Element14 on Sunday. Estimated shipping will be 47 days (or just under 7 weeks).

Re: Order and Shipping update from RS & Allied

Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:21 pm
by iscroman
W. H. Heydt wrote:I put an order in with Newark/Element14 on Sunday. Estimated shipping will be 47 days (or just under 7 weeks).
Well, is a big difference with my new shipping date at RS. :?

Another one who ordered a Pi vía Element14 in the last days?

Thanks for the information.

Saludos desde México y perdón por mi ingles tan pobre.

Re: Order and Shipping update from RS & Allied

Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:08 pm
by cdjaco
liz wrote:We're REALLY sorry about this; there's very little the Foundation can do because it boils down to a component supply problem at RS. I know Eben has a phone meeting with RS later in the week; we'll be bringing this up then.
Thanks Liz! Just placed an order with Farnell today. Haven't decided if I'm going to cancel my RS order, but I likely will if my Farnell unit arrives first. Of course, who's to say I'll ever see my money back from RS -- they appear to be quick to charge my credit card, if little else. :roll:

Re: Order and Shipping update from RS & Allied

Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:14 pm
by Der_Hexer
Der_Hexer wrote:I ordered on july 21st with order no. 902xx together with a clear case.
I have to correct myself. June 21st is the correct order date. Nevertheless, the result of not having a RPI is still valid.

Re: Order and Shipping update from RS & Allied

Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:50 pm
by ivoneto91
liz wrote:We're REALLY sorry about this; there's very little the Foundation can do because it boils down to a component supply problem at RS. I know Eben has a phone meeting with RS later in the week; we'll be bringing this up then.
Liz, the delivery time isnt the only problem.
They dont answer the emails, and when they answer, send a generic email.

Re: Order and Shipping update from RS & Allied

Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:57 pm
by iscroman
cdjaco wrote:
liz wrote:We're REALLY sorry about this; there's very little the Foundation can do because it boils down to a component supply problem at RS. I know Eben has a phone meeting with RS later in the week; we'll be bringing this up then.
Thanks Liz! Just placed an order with Farnell today. Haven't decided if I'm going to cancel my RS order, but I likely will if my Farnell unit arrives first. Of course, who's to say I'll ever see my money back from RS -- they appear to be quick to charge my credit card, if little else. :roll:
Hi cdjaco!

About your order with Farnell, when they going to ship your Pi (Estimated Delivery Time)?.

Already cancelled my order with RS and I'm thinking about order a Pi with NewarkMexico/Farnell/Element14.

Thanks.

Re: Order and Shipping update from RS & Allied

Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:31 pm
by cdjaco
iscroman wrote: About your order with Farnell, when they going to ship your Pi (Estimated Delivery Time)?.

Already cancelled my order with RS and I'm thinking about order a Pi with NewarkMexico/Farnell/Element14.

Thanks.
According to my invoice from Farnell, the "final expected ship date" is September 7th.

Re: Order and Shipping update from RS & Allied

Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:35 pm
by InnocentSam
If I hadn't already waited 9 weeks, I would cancel my order too. Not only did I have to wait 11 weeks, I now- after being so close- have to wait upwards of an extra 5 weeks.

I really hope that they don't give me more reasons to never order from RSc ever again. The new chart showing delivery times is confusing.

Re: Order and Shipping update from RS & Allied

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:51 pm
by Pi-Scan
I have received the 5week delay email too. Really pissed me off!

I certainly hope they will not replace any parts with cheaper ones or other types. And what to do when it is faulty? Send it back, wait for repare (might take a year) and than they have to send it back. Or you have to wait another 5 months for your replacement?

How can Farnell send them out within 3 weeks and RS within 16 weeks?

Strange!

Re: Order and Shipping update from RS & Allied

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:56 pm
by Pi-Scan
I have also suggested that every person who has an extra 5 week delay, should get a free case for the raspberry pi.

If we all work together on this, they will have to listen!

Everyone send a mail!

Re: Order and Shipping update from RS & Allied

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:09 pm
by cjthebrave
Now I'm getting proper peeved !!

E-mail last week from RS advising me of dispatch and delivery by this Monday - nothing happened so I chased and heard nothing back

E-mail today telling me that there are delays and to expect delivery around September 30th !!!

This will make the total lead time from order (20/06/12) almost 16 weeks - RS have will have had my money on the pretence of being able to deliver a product for 3 months !! How many more times will this be extended??

AND - since my order is numbered 83185, how on earth does this fit in with the recently published order progress chart which showed order numbers up to 101000 having been shipped 20-26th August, by that reckoning and their projected dispatch rates I should have received mine about a fortnight earlier than this.

As pointed out, Maplin are now offering pre-orders for about 4 weeks away - I'm tempted to cancel and try my luck !!

I am awaiting a response to a rather heated e-mail to RS - but don't forget . . . . . . apparently there's no reason to complain. Hmmmmmmm........

CJ

Re: Order and Shipping update from RS & Allied

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:24 pm
by iscroman
"There's no reason to complain!" :lol:

Famous phrase in this forum. I'm thinking about do a new order but with farnell or with maplin but maplin are selling a full kit and I only need the RPi and case.

Farnell given me a estimated delivery time of 47 days, to México. But there's a little difference with the price between they and RS.
cjthebrave wrote:Now I'm getting proper peeved !!

E-mail last week from RS advising me of dispatch and delivery by this Monday - nothing happened so I chased and heard nothing back

E-mail today telling me that there are delays and to expect delivery around September 30th !!!

This will make the total lead time from order (20/06/12) almost 16 weeks - RS have will have had my money on the pretence of being able to deliver a product for 3 months !! How many more times will this be extended??

AND - since my order is numbered 83185, how on earth does this fit in with the recently published order progress chart which showed order numbers up to 101000 having been shipped 20-26th August, by that reckoning and their projected dispatch rates I should have received mine about a fortnight earlier than this.

As pointed out, Maplin are now offering pre-orders for about 4 weeks away - I'm tempted to cancel and try my luck !!

I am awaiting a response to a rather heated e-mail to RS - but don't forget . . . . . . apparently there's no reason to complain. Hmmmmmmm........

CJ

Re: Order and Shipping update from RS & Allied

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:45 pm
by liz
Have you tried MCM Electronics? They're a Farnell subsidiary based in Ohio and have them in stock now - I'm afraid I don't know what their shipping policies are.

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/

Re: Order and Shipping update from RS & Allied

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:47 pm
by sam502
Is Allied legit? I'm starting to loose faith in them.

Re: Order and Shipping update from RS & Allied

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:52 pm
by liz
They are (they are the same company as RS), but they're having component supply issues which have led to this delay.

Re: Order and Shipping update from RS & Allied

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:58 pm
by Lob0426
liz wrote:Have you tried MCM Electronics? They're a Farnell subsidiary based in Ohio and have them in stock now - I'm afraid I don't know what their shipping policies are.

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/
They are out of stock as of last night when I checked. But they are claiming a three week wait.

Re: Order and Shipping update from RS & Allied

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:06 pm
by W. H. Heydt
Pi-Scan wrote:I have received the 5week delay email too. Really pissed me off!

I certainly hope they will not replace any parts with cheaper ones or other types. And what to do when it is faulty? Send it back, wait for repare (might take a year) and than they have to send it back. Or you have to wait another 5 months for your replacement?

How can Farnell send them out within 3 weeks and RS within 16 weeks?

Strange!
I can't say about RS, but I got a faulty Pi from Farnell (with a known good...tested with another Pi...power supply and cable), test voltage settled at 4.42v with nothing but SD card (also tested in another Pi) and power connected.

I submitted a request for RMA on a Sunday evening. On the following Monday, I got RMA authorization and an email asking if I wanted a refund or a replacement. I asked for replacement. The replacement Pi arrived two days later on the following Wednesday.

From this I conclude that Farnell (definitely, and very likely RS as well) keep back at least some units to replace bad ones. This is not a surprise, since no manufacturing process is perfect and there are always going to be a few duds in the pipeline.

As for how Farnell can dispatch in 3 weeks--current web site data is *7* weeks, not 3--while RS is taking 16 weeks.... As I understand it, RS is the preferred source for larger orders due to volume discounts and favorable shipping charges on big orders. Thus, I presume, RS is getting hammered on bulk orders far more than Farnell is, and the relative dispatch delays reflect that.

Re: Order and Shipping update from RS & Allied

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:08 pm
by banjax
CJ I had exactly the same experience, except I still have not received the email stating the delay. Last I heard from them, my order was processing, and I should receive a tracking number by this past Monday, which of course I did not. I was instructed that if I did not, email back and they would investigate further. So I did, and have heard nothing back.
Now I'm getting proper peeved !!

E-mail last week from RS advising me of dispatch and delivery by this Monday - nothing happened so I chased and heard nothing back

E-mail today telling me that there are delays and to expect delivery around September 30th !!!

This will make the total lead time from order (20/06/12) almost 16 weeks - RS have will have had my money on the pretence of being able to deliver a product for 3 months !! How many more times will this be extended??

AND - since my order is numbered 83185, how on earth does this fit in with the recently published order progress chart which showed order numbers up to 101000 having been shipped 20-26th August, by that reckoning and their projected dispatch rates I should have received mine about a fortnight earlier than this.

As pointed out, Maplin are now offering pre-orders for about 4 weeks away - I'm tempted to cancel and try my luck !!

I am awaiting a response to a rather heated e-mail to RS - but don't forget . . . . . . apparently there's no reason to complain. Hmmmmmmm........

CJ

Re: Order and Shipping update from RS & Allied

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:14 pm
by W. H. Heydt
Pi-Scan wrote:I have also suggested that every person who has an extra 5 week delay, should get a free case for the raspberry pi.

If we all work together on this, they will have to listen!

Everyone send a mail!
Heh...that would probably delay the shipments even more (cases are backlogged, too). On the other hand, because the dispatch times are so long on cases...would your idea work in reverse? If the cases I've ordered are subject to more delays, shouldn't I get a Pi thrown in for free?

Re: Order and Shipping update from RS & Allied

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:46 pm
by iscroman
Thank you very much for the information Liz. ;) Unfortunately seems like they don't make shipments to my country. :(
liz wrote:Have you tried MCM Electronics? They're a Farnell subsidiary based in Ohio and have them in stock now - I'm afraid I don't know what their shipping policies are.

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/

Re: Order and Shipping update from RS & Allied

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:56 pm
by liz
Bother. Sorry about that.

There's a real business opportunity out there for someone in buying in bulk and acting as a reseller in countries like Mexico.

Re: Order and Shipping update from RS & Allied

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:16 pm
by iscroman
Interesting. :ugeek:

I am a mere mortal. How I can take the chance? :o
liz wrote:Bother. Sorry about that.

There's a real business opportunity out there for someone in buying in bulk and acting as a reseller in countries like Mexico.

Re: Order and Shipping update from RS & Allied

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:39 pm
by cjthebrave
liz wrote:They are (they are the same company as RS), but they're having component supply issues which have led to this delay.
Possibly, but why does it seem that every other reseller can offer shorter lead times, some even shorter than the extensions that RS are now adding to theirs.

Even 'new' suppliers (Maplin in the UK) are offering pre-orders for September 30th which is just over 4 weeks - RS have just added 5 weeks to my already 9 week wait.

(And all this time they sit on my, and many thousands of other customers, money !! Nice :evil: )

Re: Order and Shipping update from RS & Allied

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:47 pm
by iscroman
But remember guys, there's no reason for complaint! (sarcasm)... :lol:

Sorry PaulCheffus, I could not resist! :P

Regards!
PaulCheffus wrote:
Why do so many people come and complain well before their estimated delivery date? Ten weeks from 22 June is around 31 August and today is the 18 so about another two weeks to wait.

Paul