DIYer

Re: Order and Shipping update from RS & Allied

Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:32 pm

One data point for Allied:
My order, number 25002xxxxx, just arrived from Allied. They said 12 weeks, but it was more like 8.

So far, so good. Now I need to figure out how to drop the iso image onto the SD card.

FFintoCE

Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:56 pm

brunaw wrote:Hi all,

i ordered a raspberry from rs uk on 04/07/2012. i'm not moaning about not beeing delivered yet but i want to contact rs to have some feedback. i ordered the pi only, nothing else.
I forgot the account i used to order the pi, i'm not sure i registered to order.
i can not complain from paypal cause it's been more than 45 days.

so, how can i have some feedback from RS?

thanks
The answer to your question is probably "Only with great difficulty & loads of patience!"

As it happens, I also ordered on July 4th from RS in the UK. My order no. is 145xxx & they quoted 12 weeks for delivery. Yours could well have been something fairly similar. That gives us still about a month to wait, so I'm not jumping up & down just yet. As for asking them for progress reports, given they amount they're likely to make (gross) out of each RPi they sell, I think that you're not very likely to get much individual attention.

worthing.jason

Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:53 pm

Attempted to cancel RS order on 18 August(Order # 85xxx, ordered 20 June), told that my order was taken for dispatch, so they could not cancel it. :|

When I replied asking for an expected shipping date (after all, if they have taken it for dispatch, they should be able to tell me when that is likely to occur), I received the following on 22 August:
Your order should reach you by the end of next week, at the latest. If you have not received your order or any tracking information by then, please re-contact us and we shall investigate.
:evil:

Ordered with clear case. Hopefully this will resolve happily, but not counting on it. Paypal order, so unfortunately I am at their mercy :oops: .

worthing.jason

matzey

Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:06 am

kalehrl wrote: Just remove the first 4 digits and you're good.
Mine is also 10 digits and it is 168xxx and I ordered on 20th July so yours isn't much higher.
I ordered 12.07 and my number is 153xxx (despatch within 11weeks). Hard to wait such a long time.

kalehrl

Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:31 pm

You're in luck!
My dispatch time is 19 weeks to Serbia!
And only 5 weeks have gone by :(

W. H. Heydt

Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:27 pm

matzey wrote:
kalehrl wrote: Just remove the first 4 digits and you're good.
Mine is also 10 digits and it is 168xxx and I ordered on 20th July so yours isn't much higher.
I ordered 12.07 and my number is 153xxx (despatch within 11weeks). Hard to wait such a long time.
There may be a bit of a ray of light for you... I ordered 2 Pis from Allied on 5 July. They are in transit (FedEx ground), shipped on 24 August, due to be delivered on 29 August.

With a little bit of luck, you might get a shipping confirmation late this week, since your order was exactly one week after mine.

bang

Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:46 pm

W. H. Heydt wrote: There may be a bit of a ray of light for you... I ordered 2 Pis from Allied on 5 July. They are in transit (FedEx ground), shipped on 24 August, due to be delivered on 29 August.

With a little bit of luck, you might get a shipping confirmation late this week, since your order was exactly one week after mine.
Can we get the first three digits of your six digit order number? (or the first 7 of your ten digit number?) .. Its the best we can use to track where they are up to with the shipping..

RS do seem to be jumping around a bit. I ordered on Jun 29 and have heard nothing yet.. Order #124xxx..

b.

Neo258

Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:45 pm

Orderdate: 26 June
Ordernumber: 108xxx
Expected despatch within 10 weeks

I heard nothing too.

SiriusHardware

Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:52 pm

bang wrote:
Can we get the first three digits of your six digit order number? (or the first 7 of your ten digit number?) .. Its the best we can use to track where they are up to with the shipping..

RS do seem to be jumping around a bit. I ordered on Jun 29 and have heard nothing yet.. Order #124xxx..

b.
I ordered from RS on exactly the same day as you, but I have #127xxx and was quoted up to 11 weeks from that date for delivery. Depends on how I count it on the calendar, but that should mean no later than mid-September or maybe a week beyond that. It'll be interesting to see if we both get them on the same day.

At this moment in time it is still, therefore, inside the delivery time.

I could be more relaxed about this if I didn't know that Maplin have suddenly acquired the capacity to offer Raspberry Pis from September onwards - now, as far as I know the only distributors they are made for are Farnell/Element14 and RS/Allied. Since Farnell don't seem to have any problems supplying their customers with Pis in a reasonably short space of time, I don't think it is unreasonable to assume that RS have agreed to sell them to Maplin instead of sending them to individual early purchasers.

cjthebrave

Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:53 pm

Hmmmmm
Order 831xx ordered 20/06/12, no info so mailed RS. I did get a reply tbh, :-

"Your order is currently being processed and it should be dispatched by the end of this week. If you have not received your order or any tracking information by Monday, please re-contact us and we shall investigate"

Unfortunately, as I expected no tracking mail, no product, just eery nothingness again.

Hey Ho, it's Tuesday so I can try contacting them again :(

CJ

itimpi

Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:46 am

SiriusHardware wrote: I could be more relaxed about this if I didn't know that Maplin have suddenly acquired the capacity to offer Raspberry Pis from September onwards - now, as far as I know the only distributors they are made for are Farnell/Element14 and RS/Allied. Since Farnell don't seem to have any problems supplying their customers with Pis in a reasonably short space of time, I don't think it is unreasonable to assume that RS have agreed to sell them to Maplin instead of sending them to individual early purchasers.
This is definitely a supposition based on little evidence!

Since RS and Farnell have their own independent contracts for manufacturing the Pi (and I believe their own production lines), I think it is far more likely that Farnell have simply done a better job on forecasting their requirements and therefore placing contracts for the appropriate rate of manufacture that they need.

W. H. Heydt

Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:27 am

bang wrote:
W. H. Heydt wrote: There may be a bit of a ray of light for you... I ordered 2 Pis from Allied on 5 July. They are in transit (FedEx ground), shipped on 24 August, due to be delivered on 29 August.

b.
2500211xxx

kspn

Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:39 am

cjthebrave wrote:Hmmmmm
Order 831xx ordered 20/06/12, no info so mailed RS. I did get a reply tbh, :-

"Your order is currently being processed and it should be dispatched by the end of this week. If you have not received your order or any tracking information by Monday, please re-contact us and we shall investigate"

Unfortunately, as I expected no tracking mail, no product, just eery nothingness again.

Hey Ho, it's Tuesday so I can try contacting them again :(

CJ
I also queried them, order number 850## (Ordered Jun 21) and was told
Your order is currently being processed and it should be dispatched by the end of next week. Once dispatched an email with all tracking details shall be sent to you,

I just re-queried them (that reply was 10 days ago)
No Coffee, No Workee

SiriusHardware

Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:50 am

itimpi wrote: This is definitely a supposition based on little evidence!

I think it is far more likely that Farnell have simply done a better job on forecasting their requirements and therefore placing contracts for the appropriate rate of manufacture that they need.
Of course it is :D

I'm just irritated that I appear to have gone with the least competent supplier. Just have to wait, like everyone else.

iscroman

Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:39 pm

I received an email with bad news of my order 1010155530. :( This is what it contains.

Dear customer,

Thanks again for your Raspberry Pi order, reference number 1010155530. We are busy working with the suppliers who provide components for your Raspberry Pi to ensure you receive your order as quickly as possible.

Since receiving your order, we have been advised that our next batch of approximately 40,000 Raspberry Pi’s will now be arriving during September, with further deliveries expected in October. This delay is due to the very high level of demand on the core Raspberry Pi processor chip. Unfortunately, this means that your order could be delayed by up to 8 weeks, although we are trying to reduce this as much as possible. We have updated the delivery schedule displayed in our FAQ’s and on the Raspberry Pi forum. As soon as we receive confirmation of any improvements from our manufacturers, we will advise you.

Please accept our apologies for this delay and be assured we are doing everything we can to ensure the fastest possible delivery of your Raspberry Pi.

This is the new shipping table:

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/generalDisp ... _delay-_-0

I ordered my Pi on July 12 and they gave me 12 weeks of estimated time of delivery, but now I don't have a Idea about when I'm going to receive my Pi.

¿Can anybody help me? :?

I'm very disappointed now. :cry:

larstas

Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:09 pm

According to the new shipping table, u'll get yours after 19th November.
Mine should come a week earlier.
This is nonsense... Delay up to 8 weeks more. I'll never buy anything from RS.

iscroman

Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:42 pm

RS Suck! I'm thinking seriously about the cancelation. :evil:

Element14 have this message in her webpage "Order today for expected delivery within 3 weeks!" but they has 0 in stock. It's very weird. :shock:

Somebody have ordered with Element14 the last days? What's the estimated time of delivery that they are given to new orders? It's 3 weeks like they say in her webpage? :?

If I cancel my order today when I going to get my money back? Somebody has cancelled her order the last days? :?:

Stupid RS, another 8 weeks! ... But remember guys, there's no reason for complaint! (sarcasm)...
larstas wrote:According to the new shipping table, u'll get yours after 19th November.
Mine should come a week earlier.
This is nonsense... Delay up to 8 weeks more. I'll never buy anything from RS.

kernel610

Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:55 pm

I received the same email. According to the table, this pushes my July 3rd order out to being shipped around November 18th. I was patient at first because I understand the supply problems but this is ridiculous. I'm trying to cancel my order with RS now and order elsewhere. Has anyone had any luck with cancelling their order?

povy

Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:04 pm

(Sorry for my bad english but i'm italian)
I ordered from the site on July 2 and now I have to wait until November!!!!
can i cancel the order and get back the money?!?!

ivoneto91

Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:04 pm

According to the spread sheet, my order(99xxx) was already supposed to be shipped, but they dont send any info and dont answer the emails.

When the fundation will pressure the rs about delivery time?

liz
Raspberry Pi Foundation Employee & Forum Moderator

Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:06 pm

We're REALLY sorry about this; there's very little the Foundation can do because it boils down to a component supply problem at RS. I know Eben has a phone meeting with RS later in the week; we'll be bringing this up then.
Director of Communications, Raspberry Pi

cutterjohn

Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:18 pm

plugwash wrote:
cutterjohn wrote:I was lucky that my rpi actually worked IMNHO
In my experiance small PCBs like th Pi are pretty damn tough because their small size makes it difficult to exert significant bending of twisting forces on them.
Late but oh well... Did you see my initial post about receiving mine?

The bottom side pins had been pushed through the little antistatic baggy that the board was in, through the small cardboard box that the pi was in, and into the bubble pack envelope. So yeah it survived, but I have ZERO doubt had similar force been applied just a little off I'd've gotten two pieces, likely getting to keep both of them... You have to remember that there are several components that are also likely easily to break off, e.g. that electrolytic cap for power filtering, etc.

[EDIT]
Element 14 cornered the market on those bcm<whatever number it is> SoCs maybe?
[/EDIT]
Last edited by cutterjohn on Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

iscroman

Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:23 pm

Liz, thanks for the answer. Personally I understand about delays in things like providers and suplies, but i'm not sure about wait 4 or 5 months for a Pi, is really to much for me.

This is my first purchase with RS and maybe the last. I'm really dissapointed.

I already cancelled my order. I will wait for my money back ASAP.

Thank you very much for your attention.

This is the message of the cancellation.

Thank you, we have received your request
If your goods have been shipped prior to this notification, we will contact you to advise the steps to take.

Thank you for ordering with RS Components / Allied Electronics, we look forward to your next order

And this is the confirmation email:

We are sorry you have decided to cancel your Raspberry Pi order with RS Components & Allied Electronics.
We confirm your cancellation is now underway and refunds will be processed within 14 working days.

liz wrote:We're REALLY sorry about this; there's very little the Foundation can do because it boils down to a component supply problem at RS. I know Eben has a phone meeting with RS later in the week; we'll be bringing this up then.

woopderson

Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:23 pm

liz wrote:We're REALLY sorry about this; there's very little the Foundation can do because it boils down to a component supply problem at RS. I know Eben has a phone meeting with RS later in the week; we'll be bringing this up then.
Thanks, Liz! Looking forward to hearing what comes of it, as my August 2nd order has been pushed to early December!

liz

Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:00 pm

Jo from RS has also started a thread in this forum where you can ask questions. Please remember the rules, and please be nice; Jo's a very nice lady and I would prefer it if you could all be polite to her!
Director of Communications, Raspberry Pi

Return to “General discussion”