JTrevorJ

Re: Order and Shipping update from RS & Allied

Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:15 am

ivoneto91 wrote:Can you paste your email here?

They send me this today

Good Morning

Your order is currently being processed and it should be dispatched by the end of next week. Once dispatched an email with all tracking details shall be sent to you,

Kind Regards

Raspberry Pi Team

As Requested:
Hi Trevor
Apologies for the lack of information about your order. As for a dispatch date we are looking at shipping your order on Monday. I hope this helps

Kind Regards
Raspberry Pi Team

dharamraj

Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:35 pm

hey what about order of 20th june.

PaulCheffus

Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:52 pm

dharamraj wrote:hey what about order of 20th june.
Hi

You need to ask the company you ordered from.

Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.

dharamraj

Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:23 pm

so to whom do i ask like can u send me a link or something thanks

pmudditt

Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:39 pm

JTrevorJ wrote:
JTrevorJ wrote:My order was placed with RS on 2nd June. "Order reference number is: 93482". I can't get any reply from RaspberryPi@rswww.com when I try to progress the order.
Anybody got a lower ref.no.?
The gods were listening. This morning I got an e-mail from RS with a brief but adequate apology for the lack feedback and the news that my order would be shipped this coming Monday. Yipee!
To be fair to to RS, I was given an expected 10 weeks delivery on the 22nd of June and that's more or less what I got.
I ordered mine on 22 June as well from RS with a 99xxx order reference, they have taken my money but when I check my order history on line there is nothing there. Yes I was quoted upto 10 weeks delivery but I fear I've lost my money unless I claim back from my credit card. Any advice ?

PaulCheffus

Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:37 pm

dharamraj wrote:so to whom do i ask like can u send me a link or something thanks
Hi

How can I do that when I have no idea where you bought it from? You need to contact the company YOU bought it from.

Cheers

Paul
Last edited by PaulCheffus on Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PaulCheffus

Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:42 pm

pmudditt wrote:
JTrevorJ wrote:
JTrevorJ wrote:My order was placed with RS on 2nd June. "Order reference number is: 93482". I can't get any reply from RaspberryPi@rswww.com when I try to progress the order.
Anybody got a lower ref.no.?
The gods were listening. This morning I got an e-mail from RS with a brief but adequate apology for the lack feedback and the news that my order would be shipped this coming Monday. Yipee!
To be fair to to RS, I was given an expected 10 weeks delivery on the 22nd of June and that's more or less what I got.
I ordered mine on 22 June as well from RS with a 99xxx order reference, they have taken my money but when I check my order history on line there is nothing there. Yes I was quoted upto 10 weeks delivery but I fear I've lost my money unless I claim back from my credit card. Any advice ?
Hi

Ten weeks is not up yet so you have nothing to worry about and there isn't currently anything on line to track your order.

Why do so many people come and complain well before their estimated delivery date? Ten weeks from 22 June is around 31 August and today is the 18 so about another two weeks to wait.

What I do agree with, however, is that RS should not be taking money until they have the goods ready for despatch.

Cheers

Paul

cjthebrave

Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:41 pm

I think people complain about the lead times more because their cards / accounts were charged at the point of ordering. Most companies who don't have the goods available tend to charge closer to the dispatch date.
Quick maths - 50,000 Raspberry Pi's alone, charged for and not delivered, equates to about £1.3M, if you add all the accessories people have ordered too, this figure is likely to be nearer double that.
I wouldn't mind that sort of money in my account whilst I promised to deliver goods or services 'sometime soon-ish' and put little or no esources into keeping customers updated on their order progress.
<Order 83185 - 20th June - 9 weeks of silence>
CJ

iscroman

Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:26 pm

Good answer!

And what about Element14, they are given a very reasonable delivery times to users (about 1-5 weeks)... I think that is a good reason about why many people complain.
cjthebrave wrote:I think people complain about the lead times more because their cards / accounts were charged at the point of ordering. Most companies who don't have the goods available tend to charge closer to the dispatch date.
Quick maths - 50,000 Raspberry Pi's alone, charged for and not delivered, equates to about £1.3M, if you add all the accessories people have ordered too, this figure is likely to be nearer double that.
I wouldn't mind that sort of money in my account whilst I promised to deliver goods or services 'sometime soon-ish' and put little or no esources into keeping customers updated on their order progress.
CJ

cjthebrave

Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:41 pm

Exactly Iscroman
Element 14 currently say "Order today for expected delivery within 3 weeks!" on their website.
So it would seem that if I had ordered from them 4 weeks ago I would probably have my Pi by now, whereas RS have had my money for 9 weeks and I have nothing -- or more precisely I have £40 something LESS to my name and the ghostly sound of 'tumbleweed'.... . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Frustrating
CJ

iscroman

Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:53 pm

cjthebrave wrote:Exactly Iscroman
Element 14 currently say "Order today for expected delivery within 3 weeks!" on their website.
So it would seem that if I had ordered from them 4 weeks ago I would probably have my Pi by now, whereas RS have had my money for 9 weeks and I have nothing -- or more precisely I have £40 something LESS to my name and the ghostly sound of 'tumbleweed'.... . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Frustrating
CJ

heymanator

Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:06 am

Preciously why I ordered from Element today. (thinking i will receive my Pi in 3 weeks) Silly........and frustrating when i receive an email with an expected ship date of Sept 9th..........I'll be back on Sept 9th to let you know if mine has shipped...........

flost3000

Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:27 am

I've ordered my RPi first at RS in July and after reading all your comments at the beginning of August at Farnell too.

I received my order from Farnell yesterday. So they are very fast. But I also have to mention that the packaging was very bad! The package was very small not like viewed in most of the pictures on the web (brown packaging). It was also just packed into a softbag. So the RPi was compressed very often and nearly damaged. :x :cry:

With this post I just wanted to show that Farnell is either perfect. They only have a shorter time of shipping. (that was very fast and perfect)
RS still has time to ship my second RPi. There is no delay an my called shipping date is in the "near" future.

cutterjohn

Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:46 pm

iscroman wrote:Good answer!

And what about Element14, they are given a very reasonable delivery times to users (about 1-5 weeks)... I think that is a good reason about why many people complain.
cjthebrave wrote:I think people complain about the lead times more because their cards / accounts were charged at the point of ordering. Most companies who don't have the goods available tend to charge closer to the dispatch date.
CJ
Yep. By the time I got around to bothering to order I went first and checked estimated delivery times with BOTH RS/Allied AND Farnell/Newark. It was 13w for Allied and 5w for Newark, so I ordered from Newark and IIRC it actually ended up being about 2w. I was suprised when I went to check my account and found that my rpi had already been shipped as a few days prior it was still showing the original c. 5w estimate date.

CC charging. AFAIK in the US they are not supposed to charge your card UNTIL they ship the item, which is exactly what happened with my Newark order. My CC had a charge to Newark on the day that they shipped.

RS doesn't seem to be a very well run company from what I'm seeing in lead times and responsiveness however it DOES appear that their shipping packaging is FAR FAR FAR and away superior to Farnell's(they like their little bubble pack envelopes which are easy to squash like mine was -- I was lucky that my rpi actually worked IMNHO).

plugwash
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:05 pm

cutterjohn wrote:I was lucky that my rpi actually worked IMNHO
In my experiance small PCBs like th Pi are pretty damn tough because their small size makes it difficult to exert significant bending of twisting forces on them.

iscroman

Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:24 pm

After all... Remember, there's no reason for complaint... We just need to be quiet and wait, wait, wait....

PaulCheffus wrote: Why do so many people come and complain well before their estimated delivery date? Ten weeks from 22 June is around 31 August and today is the 18 so about another two weeks to wait.

cwiggs

Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:37 pm

Looks like RS/Allied is getting back on board.

My original order (confirmed Mar 06) has languished and occasionally disappeared at times. My last interaction with Allied was a fairly complete email history sent to Mike@RS on Aug 08. Had given up, ordered twice from Element 14, and recently took delivery on both Pis from them.

This morning (Surprise!) I got email confirming Allied ship from Dallas, TX via FedEx, delivery tomorrow.

Three Pis! I'm rich, I tell you, I'm RICH!!!!

So take heart if you all are still hanging in there. I'll be busy in the playroom.

cspiby

Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:54 pm

9 weeks from my order date is the 23rd of August and their site still shows the clear cases as out of stock.

It's not looking good :(

cspiby

Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:56 pm

Hattiwatti wrote:Order #96xxx with a clear case, just got a shipment notification from DHL!
Well that's not fair, my order is 91xxx with a clear case and I haven't heard anything!

PaulCheffus

Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:53 pm

iscroman wrote:After all... Remember, there's no reason for complaint... We just need to be quiet and wait, wait, wait....

PaulCheffus wrote: Why do so many people come and complain well before their estimated delivery date? Ten weeks from 22 June is around 31 August and today is the 18 so about another two weeks to wait.
Hi

When you place the order you are given the estimated time so you know in advance how long it's going to be. Once you have gone over that time then complain but not before and complain to the company you bought it from, they are the only people who can help.

Cheers

Paul

cjthebrave

Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:51 pm

cspiby wrote:
Hattiwatti wrote:Order #96xxx with a clear case, just got a shipment notification from DHL!
Well that's not fair, my order is 91xxx with a clear case and I haven't heard anything!
My point precisely, - Order 83185 - 20th June - nothing.
Do they assign order numbers randomly or process them randomly?
Sadly coming from an electronics background I assume that everyone is like me and applies some form of logic to processes :)
Anyhow, I too will be annoyed if the clear cases are out of stock and they can't deliver with my order from back in June, as I don't recall them being out of stock at the time I placed it.
They could have reserved one, then I'd at least feel that my money in their hands for 9 weeks was worth something!!
E-mail today (coincidentally after I mailed them chasing) telling me that dispatch will be the end of the week - woohoo - watch this space.......
CJ

Ignas

Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:19 pm

Order number: 88xxx
Date of order: Thu, 21 Jun 2012
Despatch expected within 9 week(s).
Ordered pi, usb euro psu, black case. Got shipment notification from DHL few minutes ago. Almost exactly 9 weeks.

dishman

Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:28 pm

ordered on 20th june from rs order number 834xx
just recieved an email from parcel force saying it
has been dispatched today so should recieve sometime
tomorrow that is with a black case.

ygor

Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:23 am

bwoodbury wrote:The bad news - my updated Allied invoice shows an $86.10 shipping charge from the US to Canada :( That has got to be wrong and I have made an inquiry to Allied

Edit - Allied responded to my inquiry already (quick service I must say ;) ) and is adjusting my shipping charge down to $19.00. Still rather high but better than $86.10 ;)
I am having a similar irritating experience with Allied.
Ordered one Pi and the Pi Plate Enclosure for an invoice total of $46.65

Yesterday, a "zing" from Allied hits my credit card for $82.45 !
After way too much phone calling and question asking, I get this lame explanation:
Allied has not actually charged the card. It has been authorized for the 82.45 as they estimate the product, tax and freight upload. It doesn’t get charged until the product ships.
So far, one day later, its still shows as a "pending charge" on my credit card.

$35.80 for tax and whatever-freight-upload-is from Texas to, in my case, Maryland ?

C'mon folks.

For that kind of price, I would expect to see a gold plated limo to roll up to my house, have Dolly Parton step out and present me with my Pi on a silver platter accompanied by a busty hug and a sloppy kiss. But then I do not expect much ;)

To quote the great comedian Red Skelton:
You can always tell a Texan. Not much, but you can always tell one.
:D

drq883

Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:25 am

Paul,

I am 7 weeks into my 12 week wait. My complaint with RS is not the delivery wait, I agreed to that when I ordered it. My complaint is the fact that they don't answer any email I've sent to them using an email listed on their receipt. If they print a "contact us" with an email address on any correspondence, they should have the decency to reply. Even if it is a "automatic" reply.

Return to “General discussion”