sdjf

Re: Order and Shipping update from RS & Allied

Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:05 am

Ordered from Allied on 23 July, order number is 250023xxxx

Estimated shipping was 12 weeks.

I think these order numbers are for all their business, not just Raspberry Pis. Looks like the 2500 prefix is specific for Allied Orders.

And my credit card has not been charged, should I be concerned about that at this point? Did receive confirmation email from them immediately.
FORUM TIP: To view someone's posting history, sign in, click on their user name, then on "Search User's Posts." || Running ArchLinuxArm on Model 2B and 512MB Model B

pacmariner

Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:36 am

WEll, when I ordered on the 24th of june, money was immediately taken off my credit card and i ordered the black case with mine, and i do see that others that have ordered since have already received their PI's so this leads to the question.... where is ours? surely makes one wonder what is going on here.

cwiggs

Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:03 am

sdjf wrote:I think these order numbers are for all their business, not just Raspberry Pis. Looks like the 2500 prefix is specific for Allied Orders.

And my credit card has not been charged, should I be concerned about that at this point? Did receive confirmation email from them immediately.
I think you're right about Allied order numbers, My early Mar # was 25000xxxx.

You're probably all right with being charged. I entered a second order with Allied in July, Cancelled in early August. Cancellation was confirmed quickly and AmEx untouched. Looks like they don't bill til they ship.

Andycap

Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:35 am

Hi

Surely there is a way to track where the order is, other than waiting for a DHL mail?

Order Confirmation - 1010150650....this is all i have so far :(

Hattiwatti

Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:01 pm

Any news on the clear cases?

Order number 96xxx, still waiting.

PaulCheffus

Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:40 pm

Andycap wrote:Hi

Surely there is a way to track where the order is, other than waiting for a DHL mail?

Order Confirmation - 1010150650....this is all i have so far :(
Hi

Both of the orders I have had with RS have not been trackable even when I have received the Parcel Force despatch email.

Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.

Alessandro

Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:11 pm

Hi, I have ordered a RaspberryPi a few minutes ago from RsOnline. It said that I have to wait for 15 weeks. You think that it can be shipped in less time? I cannot wait so long!! :D
PS: My order reference is 1010178xxx..

iscroman

Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:56 pm

Hi!

You ordered a case with you Pi? :shock:
Alessandro wrote:Hi, I have ordered a RaspberryPi a few minutes ago from RsOnline. It said that I have to wait for 15 weeks. You think that it can be shipped in less time? I cannot wait so long!! :D

itimpi

Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:20 pm

Alessandro wrote:Hi, I have ordered a RaspberryPi a few minutes ago from RsOnline. It said that I have to wait for 15 weeks. You think that it can be shipped in less time? I cannot wait so long!! :D
The only people who can tell yopu if that is a realistic estimate are RS - anyone here would just be guessing.

Current experience seems to be that RS ship times are considerably longer than the Farnell/Element 14 ones at the moment. However whether that will remain the case nobody knows.

pacmariner

Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:53 am

by the time i get mine, it will be a vintage collectable...lol....

VamonosPest

Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:59 am

Hi everyone.

I just registered to let you know I ordered a Raspberry Pi with a clear case and various other accessories from RS on June 21st. Order 90XXX.

Haven't heard anything at all since I ordered. My card was charged straight away.

I emailed RS earlier and I'll post here if they reply.

I'd like to know what's going on with the clear case.

Alessandro

Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:26 pm

iscroman wrote:Hi!

You ordered a case with you Pi? :shock:
Oh, no. I have ordered only a Raspberry. I asked this, because I fear that there could be some problem with the expedition.. It will be during the Christmas holiday..

ivoneto91

Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:14 pm

My order number is 99xxx and RS dont send me any information about my order.
I have already paid with credit card in the same day, and nothing...

sychio

Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:58 pm

I have a relatively "low" order reference (872xx), and expected to receive the RPi on early august… But no news so far; I'm a bit worried.

Can someone at RS could give us some info or a schedule for the shipments ?

Thanks !

Lutz3D

Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:47 pm

My first order was set on first july at rs. they said they'll need about 12 weeks. my order number was 136xxx.

last week (9th august) i decided to start a second order at farnell and today i got a mail to inform me that my raspberry has been shipped.

so i think it is better to buy at farnell

Woolbar

Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:51 pm

I ordered mine from Farnell on the 6 August. I received a similar email today saying it had been shipped. Just need to order power, memory card and case now.

iscroman

Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:54 pm

I don't want to pay for another Pi from Element14, I don't have money for that. I want my Pi from RS! :cry:

Ordered July 12 with despatch expected within 12 week(s). :roll:

I'm waiting for some new information. :(
Lutz3D wrote:My first order was set on first july at rs. they said they'll need about 12 weeks. my order number was 136xxx.

last week (9th august) i decided to start a second order at farnell and today i got a mail to inform me that my raspberry has been shipped.

PaulCheffus

Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:11 pm

iscroman wrote:I don't want to pay for another Pi from Element14, I don't have money for that. I want my Pi from RS! :cry:

Ordered July 12 with despatch expected within 12 week(s). :roll:

I'm waiting for some new information. :(
Lutz3D wrote:My first order was set on first july at rs. they said they'll need about 12 weeks. my order number was 136xxx.

Hi

Unfortunately the only communication you are likely to receive is that your Pi has dispatched. There is no way currently of tracking orders.

Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.

Roalush

Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:56 am

Mike@RS wrote:
gyeben wrote:Can you give us some information about how many Pis have been ordered until today?
All 75,000 we have coming in across June and July were ordered by early June, so we're now starting to take orders from those people not yet invited which will be supplied from the next 100,000 Pis coming in from mid August.
I hope this post is correct, and things will go smoother for RS now that mid August has passed.

[edit]
If someone got a Pi from RS in the last week, please post date of arrival and order number so we'll know where RS had got to.

BwanaDK

Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:57 am

Ordered:
Pi + clear case Jun 26th reference 85xxx
Shipped:
DHL registered shipping Aug 16th

So i will probably get my Pi today, or in the start of next week 8-)

Hattiwatti

Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:55 pm

Order #96xxx with a clear case, just got a shipment notification from DHL!

jbeale

Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:47 pm

My order from Allied in the US on July 13 2012 is still 'pending'. I called them up today and they said lead time is currently 14 weeks. So I still have 10 weeks to go? But happily, MCM https://www.mcmelectronics.com/ shows stock as of right now.

iscroman

Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:04 pm

Maybe when I have my hands Pi they will be releasing the type C. :roll:

Pi + Clear case Ordered July 12, estimated time of dispatch 12 weeks. :?

Do you know if MCM send orders to México? They have some interesting stuff and good prices. :geek:

Thanks.
jbeale wrote:My order from Allied in the US on July 13 2012 is still 'pending'. I called them up today and they said lead time is currently 14 weeks. So I still have 10 weeks to go? But happily, MCM https://www.mcmelectronics.com/ shows stock as of right now.

JTrevorJ

Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:58 pm

JTrevorJ wrote:My order was placed with RS on 2nd June. "Order reference number is: 93482". I can't get any reply from RaspberryPi@rswww.com when I try to progress the order.
Anybody got a lower ref.no.?
The gods were listening. This morning I got an e-mail from RS with a brief but adequate apology for the lack feedback and the news that my order would be shipped this coming Monday. Yipee!
To be fair to to RS, I was given an expected 10 weeks delivery on the 22nd of June and that's more or less what I got.

ivoneto91

Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:12 am

Can you paste your email here?

They send me this today

Good Morning

Your order is currently being processed and it should be dispatched by the end of next week. Once dispatched an email with all tracking details shall be sent to you,

Kind Regards

Raspberry Pi Team

Return to “General discussion”