kirill

Re: Order and Shipping update from RS & Allied

Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:11 pm

Is there anyone who canceled his undelivered order, has experienced the same delays and ignorance in getting the money back?

My order is 5533 (15th May) and I'm tired. No explanation, no time frames. I'm thinking about canceling and going to Farnell or give them a chance until 15th August (three month for the round number).

PS. People say that DHL will no longer deliver any packages to residential addresses in Russia.

kirill

Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:30 pm

rwill19050 wrote:
rwill19050 wrote:Well, I've done it, cancelled my order and gone to Farnell.
Disgusted with RS, I have never come up against a shambles like this one, and TOTAL lack of customer care from RS.
They should hang their collective heads in shame.
There is absolutely no excuse for their rubbish (none) service.
For an international company it should be a complete embarrassment.
Someone should get their backside kicked over this one.
But I guess that won't happen, after all we are only the customers.
Update:
RPi ordered yesterday (31st) from Farnell, just got an email (1st August) to say the RPi has been shipped from thier warehouse, is this a record? :o
Did you receive any message after filling the order cancellation form? I paid with PayPal and can't open a dispute because the 45 days limit is gone :(

jnd

Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:48 am

Registered at the launch date but later found it it wasn't received, managed to re-register again still within the first week, got confirmation on 9. 3., preorder code finally on 19. 6., paid within few days with Paypal and got 103xxx order number. DHL Shipment Notification arrived on 31. 7. and the package came from UK the next day. I almost didn't expect to get it after seeing all those people who registered later got it already but whatever now, finally its home.

SibUser

Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:53 am

kirill wrote:Is there anyone who canceled his undelivered order, has experienced the same delays and ignorance in getting the money back?

My order is 5533 (15th May) and I'm tired. No explanation, no time frames. I'm thinking about canceling and going to Farnell or give them a chance until 15th August (three month for the round number).

PS. People say that DHL will no longer deliver any packages to residential addresses in Russia.
Same problem. Delivery in Russia. Since I pay via PayPal, I receive order confirmation and that's all. No any new info since 12 may via e-mail. Mike@RS answer for private messages on this forum, and say that delivery in Russia will be through local distributor called YE International. As I know they allready get our orders to their warehouse, and they write to some peoples, but I don't get an new e-mails.

I'll wait the end of this weekend, and I try to write to Mike@RS, may be he have any new information.

I'm tired and dissapointed too:(

kirill

Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:38 am

SibUser wrote:...that delivery in Russia will be through local distributor called YE International.
Yesterday I found this (cached version here).

Look at the answer from "RS Components Russia". Looks like an extra fee for delivery from St. Petersburg office!

I've filled order cancellation form.

SibUser

Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:08 am

kirill wrote:
SibUser wrote:...that delivery in Russia will be through local distributor called YE International.
Yesterday I found this (cached version here).

Look at the answer from "RS Components Russia". Looks like an extra fee for delivery from St. Petersburg office!

I've filled order cancellation form.
I already saw such messages at this forum, that they want extra fee for delivery, but now, I haven't this messages, and this is very strange.

gyeben

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:16 am

You what's not so nice?

That RS has to handle at least three times the amount of orders placed at Farnell.
No wonder why you have to wait. Because they don't get a bigger manufacturing capacity than Farnell.
Also, that stupid Farnell couldn't make PayPal available as a payment option.

iscroman

Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:40 pm

I Received the first invitation to order via RS and ordered at 12,7 (Despatch expected within 12 week(s)). I'm very concerned now with all the comments that I'm reading about delays of they. :roll: Seems like Farnell was a better option. :cry:

itstelboy

Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:09 pm

itstelboy wrote:
itstelboy wrote:
PaulCheffus wrote:Pre - registration in February
Invitation to order end of March
Order number: 69xxx
and still I wait !!! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Hi

Your order number is odd as it is possibly 22000 after mine and I registered interest on 3/3, invited to order 28/5 order number 47xxx, delivered 28th June.

Cheers

Paul
Hi,
sorry - I got the month wrong it should be invitation 30th May. (it just feels like it was back in March)

After recieving an email from RS informing me that I shouId recieve it any day now, I have just had an update from them stating that their system is showing it as being cancelled - what a farse!
I have checked with my Paypal account and no refund has been made if they have cancelled it.
I just feel totally frustrated by this whole experience with them!!
Well I have finally decided to give them until the end of the week to sort it out and despatch one out to me. Otherwise I definitley will cancell, and order one from Farnell, as they are quoting 3 weeks from ordering to delivery.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well hats off to RS they have realised their errors and redeemed themselves with an apology and a Pi being despatched by Parcel Force. So yes the purchase process was a bit of a farse, but credit where it's due they came good in the end.

rwill19050

Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:41 pm

kirill wrote:
rwill19050 wrote:
rwill19050 wrote:Well, I've done it, cancelled my order and gone to Farnell.
Disgusted with RS, I have never come up against a shambles like this one, and TOTAL lack of customer care from RS.
They should hang their collective heads in shame.
There is absolutely no excuse for their rubbish (none) service.
For an international company it should be a complete embarrassment.
Someone should get their backside kicked over this one.
But I guess that won't happen, after all we are only the customers.
Update:
RPi ordered yesterday (31st) from Farnell, just got an email (1st August) to say the RPi has been shipped from thier warehouse, is this a record? :o
Did you receive any message after filling the order cancellation form? I paid with PayPal and can't open a dispute because the 45 days limit is gone :(

Yes, got an email almost immediately, makes you wonder what is going on there.

fonk

Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:47 pm

I went ahead and also cancelled my order at RS, hopefully the refund me faster than they deliver so I can order from Farnell as well. Too bad RS isn't handling this properly, they could even take some losses and order from Farnell so customer don't have to wait beyond the already very long 11-15 weeks delivery time.

cutterjohn

Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:50 pm

cutterjohn wrote:Signed up for the waiting list many months ago, but never got around to ordering one until last week(had ordered a MK802 & Oval Elephant(has HDMI clamping & axp209)), so I'm waiting. Ordered from Newark(Element14 I guess) because they claimed 5w to ship, while RS/Allied say 12w.

Checked Newark again today, claim 100 on 8/12 now, and then more on 8/22.

Funny thing, when I first saw RS I was like sweet:
http://www.rselectronics.com/
...but then I was meh when I saw that it wasn't those guys who have a big local store in Livonia, but yet another electronics supplier with practically the same name.
(just to ref my original report...)
Mine actually shipped the other day(due for delivery sometime today) MUCH to my surprise given that I HAD checked a few days earlier and it still quoted 8/13 as est. ship date...

cutterjohn

Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:57 pm

cutterjohn wrote:
cutterjohn wrote:Signed up for the waiting list many months ago, but never got around to ordering one until last week(had ordered a MK802 & Oval Elephant(has HDMI clamping & axp209)), so I'm waiting. Ordered from Newark(Element14 I guess) because they claimed 5w to ship, while RS/Allied say 12w.

Checked Newark again today, claim 100 on 8/12 now, and then more on 8/22.

Funny thing, when I first saw RS I was like sweet:
http://www.rselectronics.com/
...but then I was meh when I saw that it wasn't those guys who have a big local store in Livonia, but yet another electronics supplier with practically the same name.
(just to ref my original report...)
Mine actually shipped the other day(due for delivery sometime today) MUCH to my surprise given that I HAD checked a few days earlier and it still quoted 8/13 as est. ship date...
Someone who element 14 will listen to should talk to them about their courier arrangements and how they package raspberry pis to be shipped out:
Came in a bubble envelope inside of which was a ziplock plastic baggy, inside of which was a VERY thin cardboard box in which was stuffed the raspberry pi in a anti-static baggy. This MIGHT have been fine had the envelope NOT been crushed, i.e. cardboard box squashed hard enough that the pi poked holes throughout the anti-static bag on the bottom side. (They also charged me sales tax on shipping which they should NOT have done, but it's not worth the few cents unless the board is borked and i have to call them for a replacement...)

Unfortunately will likely not have time to check the board's functionality tonight(troubleshooting a new drive that started throwing errors when unmounted that I'd like to get taken care of by tomorrow so it can be heading back tomorrow morning if it indeed is defective.)

Quick visual inpection shows nothing broken off AFAICT still sealed in anti-static bag, and again AFAICT no apparent board cracks, etc.

UPS living down to my experience with them(they USED to be decent before they went public...). I suppose next time I now know to specifically select USPS(would've been faster anyways) or FedEx...

[EDIT]
I suppose that I should specify that this relates specifically to their Newark(sub?) located in SC...
[/EDIT]

kendrick

Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:22 am

Ug i just got my info from allied. I put in the request with in a day of the official release. got My link to order in early july. just called them and looks like I will get it nov 1 or so :/

cutterjohn

Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:52 pm

Well, in the end it seems that the pi survived the experience, successfully booted a raspbian image and set it up, ethernet, RF wireless kb/trackpad combo, 720p TV working fine. Didn't get around to trying the USB wifi dongle as I was just relieved that it did survive... (actually the pins poked through the cardboard box as well, so it had a goodly amount of force applied to it as some point)

Also booted up the alpha RISC OS image as I'd always wanted to see it, and since I had a functioning pi and there existed the image... just poked around a bit as at the point I was testing it I couldn't figure out how to get a middle mouse button function...

Left it running at the default 700MHz for now.

Raspbian was off a generic 2GB uSD in an SD adapter, and RISC OS on an 8GB Transcend uSD (class 6 IIRC) in another SD adapter. Ethernet was over homeplug using two Actiontec 500Mbps plugs, although in my testing I only get about 55-60Mbps.

So it ended well enough I guess, still kind of annoyed that my box got squashed, and also noticed today when checking again that the anti-static baggy wasn't actually sealed like the usually are...

Vuster31

Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:34 am

I actually ordered mine 7-31-2012 and its marked as shipped as of today 8-3-2012.

I went through element14.

So excited because the estimated ship/arrival date was 8-14-2012.

iscroman

Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:55 am

I ordered @ july 12 my ETA is 8 weeks... :-\ via RS...
cutterjohn wrote:Well, in the end it seems that the pi survived the experience, successfully booted a raspbian image and set it up, ethernet, RF wireless kb/trackpad combo, 720p TV working fine. Didn't get around to trying the USB wifi dongle as I was just relieved that it did survive... (actually the pins poked through the cardboard box as well, so it had a goodly amount of force applied to it as some point)

Also booted up the alpha RISC OS image as I'd always wanted to see it, and since I had a functioning pi and there existed the image... just poked around a bit as at the point I was testing it I couldn't figure out how to get a middle mouse button function...

Left it running at the default 700MHz for now.

Raspbian was off a generic 2GB uSD in an SD adapter, and RISC OS on an 8GB Transcend uSD (class 6 IIRC) in another SD adapter. Ethernet was over homeplug using two Actiontec 500Mbps plugs, although in my testing I only get about 55-60Mbps.

So it ended well enough I guess, still kind of annoyed that my box got squashed, and also noticed today when checking again that the anti-static baggy wasn't actually sealed like the usually are...

as2002

Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:45 am

Ordered from RS, June 29th. Still heard nothing.

After reading this forum I ordered from Farnell 2nd August. Today (4th August) I received email to confirm that my order has been shipped from their warehouse :)

Will cancel my RS order when I receive Farnells order.

ArchSerpo

Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:51 am

Vuster31 wrote:I actually ordered mine 7-31-2012 and its marked as shipped as of today 8-3-2012.

I went through element14.

So excited because the estimated ship/arrival date was 8-14-2012.
Seeing this makes me wish I didn't order a white case in the same order number..

Ibrahim

Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:19 pm

I cancelled my order and it has been 12 days and no refund has been given !!!!!

tankpi

Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:46 pm

I'm sad!!!
Date of order: 06 Jul 2012
My reference number is: 1010150451

I want my raspberry pi

iscroman

Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:28 pm

Fuc*... :cry:

I want to cancell my order on RS but I'm very worried about the return of my money because I use Paypal as my payment method... :|

I don't want to pay for 2 RPI's and receive only one.
as2002 wrote:Ordered from RS, June 29th. Still heard nothing.

After reading this forum I ordered from Farnell 2nd August. Today (4th August) I received email to confirm that my order has been shipped from their warehouse :)

Will cancel my RS order when I receive Farnells order.

cutterjohn

Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:40 pm

iscroman wrote:I ordered @ july 12 my ETA is 8 weeks... :-\ via RS...
<snip>
Well, I ordered from newark because the other one stated 13w while Newark stated 5w, and it turned out to be more like 2w although as you can read above their idea of packaging leaves EVERYTHING to be desired...

Also note that earlier this week I HAD checked my order status and it still stated 8/13 (probably on Monday morning), when I again checked on Wednesday it had already changed to shipped and was almost to me... That even beat their own estimation of receiving more units (Newark specifically).

wummi

Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:43 am

Just to let the people know:

RS order number 101xxx was delivered to vienna this friday

cspiby

Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:29 am

Still waiting for that damn clear case to come in to stock :(

Return to “General discussion”