campbell

XBMC-RBP Strange artwork behaviour

Wed May 30, 2012 1:40 pm

I am not sure if this is the correct forum to post this in, it may be an xbmc master issue, but I think this may be the best place to start and to see if others are experiencing similar behaviour.

I am running the latest xbmc-rbp on my raspberry pi. My library has been updated to include artwork and when I first start my pi it works quite well. I have no issues with movie artwork but when I go into my TV shows some of the artwork is severely distorted. Once one distorted image is displayed no artwork appears for either movies or tv shows. To get artwork again I need to restart xbmc.

I have tried changing the artwork on some of the TV shows to images that I know are the correct resolution of my screen but I still have the same problem. I find it very strange that I have no issues with the Movie artwork only with some TV shows.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

campbell

Re: XBMC-RBP Strange artwork behaviour

Wed May 30, 2012 3:24 pm

Some additional information.
After turning on the debug log and doing some testing it doesn't appear to be the distorted images that are preventing the artwork from loading later on (it looks like two separate issues).

When I start XBMC the artwork works until I enter and then exit the TV show menu. So if I enter the TV show menu the artwork will work (though some images are distorted). If I exit and reenter the menu or exit and go to the movies menu, none of the artwork displays. Here is a log file
http://pastebin.com/5cYSzufC, the first entries show successful artwork loading (ex at 15:21:20). Towards the end, I exit and reenter the TV menu. Each of the last OnKey entries starting at 15:22:02 should have images loading with them but in the log nothing happens.

funnel

Wed May 30, 2012 3:33 pm

Openelec or Raspbmc?
I think it has to do with the "dirtyregions" in advancedsettings.xml which is enabled by default in the latest versions. It speeds up the UI by updating only some regions of the screen.

campbell

Wed May 30, 2012 3:40 pm

I am using debian, I have built the latest sources from the xbmc-rbp git. As for my advanced settings, it happens no matter which algorithm I set or if I set 0. I have my timeout set to 0 (which seems to be required to get a display if any algorithm other than default is used).

campbell

Wed May 30, 2012 3:46 pm

Looking at the log it doesn't even seem to try to load the images after I first exit from the TV shows menu. If it was due to dirty regions I would expect the problem to always be there and to at least try to load the images.

Can anyone confirm similar behaviour in the TV Shows menu of either Raspbmc or OPENElec?

billybob01

Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:08 pm

Yes I get pretty much identical behaviour with raspbmc. I just posted a similar thread and only after managed to find this thread.
The art all works perfectly on an htpc running xbmc so must be pi specific.

Return to “General discussion”