dashbbz

How to connect internet in Rpi

Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:00 am

Hi all,
I am a beginner in Raspberry pi. I am using my TV as raspberry pi display, a USB keyboard and monitor. I want to use internet in my Rpi. I don't have wifi connection. I have a laptop with Win 7 and internet connection, an ethernet cable.

Can I connect Rpi with Laptop in order to share internet connection. If there is any possibility, please reply me.

Thanks in advance

Hove

Re: How to connect internet in Rpi

Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:25 am

What you need is an ethernet switch with 3 or more sockets. You plug the internet in one, your PC in another, and the Raspberry Pi in the third. I've got a 4 port one from TP-link that was £7 / $10
www.pistuffing.co.uk - Raspberry Pi and other stuffing!

DougieLawson

Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:48 am

Hove wrote:What you need is an ethernet switch with 3 or more sockets. You plug the internet in one, your PC in another, and the Raspberry Pi in the third. I've got a 4 port one from TP-link that was £7 / $10
Something like this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000FNFSPY
Note: Having anything humorous in your signature is completely banned on this forum. Wear a tin-foil hat and you'll get a ban.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.

This is a doctor free zone.

Hove

Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:12 am

DougieLawson wrote:
Hove wrote:What you need is an ethernet switch with 3 or more sockets. You plug the internet in one, your PC in another, and the Raspberry Pi in the third. I've got a 4 port one from TP-link that was £7 / $10
Something like this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000FNFSPY
Exactly!
www.pistuffing.co.uk - Raspberry Pi and other stuffing!

Return to “General discussion”