marcoalexcampos

Re: Difference between Pi 1 & Pi 2

Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:01 am

Maybe this is a bit off topic (apologies), but since I see that allot of you have taken good pictures of your boards, and are looking closely to figure out the diferences, I'd like to invite you all to post your info on this page: http://elinux.org/RaspberryPi_Boards#Ha ... Frevisions

This will help troubleshoot since we'll be able to pin-point our specific board "version".

If you don't know how to edit this page, just send me an email with the photos (high resolution if possible) and the data, and I'll post for your. <mcampos@marcocampos.com>

Thank you. :)

Mortimer

Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:55 pm

I have added my two boards to the wiki.

I had not looked very closely at them before. They were ordered at the same time, and arrived more or less together, but despite coming from the same supplier have differences.

Most of the differences are in the silk screening and labelling. There are some minor differences in the way the boards have been soldered, for example all of the P3 header holes have been filled on one board, but not the other.

On one board the manufacture date mark "1218" is a sticker, on the other it is part of the silk screen.

The CE marks also differ, both are silk screened, but they are the inverse of each other.
--------------
The purpose of a little toe is to ensure you keep your furniture in the right place.

marcoalexcampos

Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:24 pm

Thank you. Could you also add the SMSC chip data and some feedback like if it works well, of if there are minor issues, etc.?

Mortimer

Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:36 pm

OK I've put the SMSC information in. Minor difference there, one is 188A the other 188B.

My experience of things USB hasn't been too bad, with most issues appearing when I try and use a wifi adapter alongside trying to mount USB memory sticks or my USB SD-card reader. Then I tend to see USB devices not enumerating properly, or cycling continuously. I don't think it is a power problem, because it happened when using a powered USB hub. So I have gone back to using Ethernet most of the time.
--------------
The purpose of a little toe is to ensure you keep your furniture in the right place.

marcoalexcampos

Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:21 pm

Thank you for the update.
Do you think you could put those issues you've been detecting on the feedback row, with a link to the thread where you describe the issue?

Mortimer

Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:29 pm

I will just as soon as I have tried it our again, because I cannot be certain which of the boards I was using at the time.
--------------

marcoalexcampos

Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:16 pm

Great, thank you.

Return to “General discussion”