TheDenimNinja

Re: Has anyone dealt with Lilliput UK?

Fri May 04, 2012 3:08 pm

Wanting to grab a touchscreen preemptively for when I finally get my pi and I've been looking for Lilliput screens in the 10 inch range.

Thing is I know Lilliput is a Chinese company so I'm a bit wary about someone called Lilliput UK. Has anyone had any dealings with them?

http://www.lilliputuk.com

Site looks legit.

rurwin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Fri May 04, 2012 3:40 pm

They are not part of the Chinese company, but they look relatively legitimate.

Companies House listing

They've been around under their current name of Universal Computer Services since 2004 and they have filed their accounts on time.

Google seem to have forgotten to drive down Lichfield Street, so I can't show you a picture of their premises, but I'd guess it was either a high-street shop (unlikely) or an office over such a shop.

Lilliput monitors are also available from seller "eHome" on Amazon (and a couple of others I would avoid). eHome has a good positive rating.

TheDenimNinja

Fri May 04, 2012 4:03 pm

rurwin said:

Lilliput monitors are also available from seller "eHome" on Amazon (and a couple of others I would avoid). eHome has a good positive rating.

Thanks for the information. I must confess I don't like buying through Amazon or Ebay sellers because all too frequently they only offer limited warranty or only 30 days warranty.

If I'm going to spend that much on a monitor I want my full 12 months.

Martin_H

Fri May 04, 2012 4:09 pm

They are legit. They've got a distribution site called carcomputer.co.uk

They are the guys that hooked up an iPhone to a touchscreen. I imagine Raspberry Pi would be easy.

SN

Fri May 04, 2012 6:16 pm

they are indeed legit - I know a couple of people who have lilliput screens fitted in their Land Rovers
Steve N – binatone mk4->intellivision->zx81->spectrum->cbm64->cpc6128->520stfm->pc->raspi ?

lb

Fri May 04, 2012 6:39 pm

My experiences with Lilliput touchscreens are bad/mixed.  I have a 7" resisistive LCD made by Lilliput. The touchscreen is really inaccurate, the display's EDID is messed up and the HDMI input has overscan that can't be disabled. It's a really flawed device, despite being quite expensive.

k3v1nc

Fri May 04, 2012 6:47 pm

I can't speak about that website specifically, but I have used a Liliput touchscreen before for a carputer project. I too had mixed results with them as far as resolution and aspect ratio settings go. I didn't find the resistive touchscreen to be a problem though once it was calibrated. I was running it on an ITX board with WindowsXP about 8 years ago.

Return to “General discussion”